[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CHEAP EASY MEALS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
Give me cheap, EAZY meals. I'm eating way too much fast food lately and I can almost feel my arteries getting clogged. What are some cheap, simple things to cook that won't make me feel like an unhealthy piece of shit?
>>
https://youtu.be/T5wJzPNkLnA

It's cheap I think so, also more cheap meals coming
>>
Buy lettuce
chop it
buy onion
chop it
buy cherry tomatoes
chop it
buy feta
chop it
buy olives
chop it
put in bowl, touch of olive oil, salt, mix

buy tzatziki
serve

eat
salad
tasty
>>
http://www.budgetbytes.com
>>
>>7156217
Shit man I don't have an oven. I do have a microwave though.
>>
>>7156234
>I don't have an oven

ugh just eat fruit or something then
>>
File: dfim9xmqlaphdhil.jpg (25 KB, 349x466) Image search: [Google]
dfim9xmqlaphdhil.jpg
25 KB, 349x466
>>7156217
>OP asks for healthy meals
>tubby posts his very own ham, kraft single, and frito sandwich video
>>
>>7156224
This is fucking great I'm cooking this tomorrow:

http://www.budgetbytes.com/2013/07/creamy-tomato-spinach-pasta/
>>
>>7156245
Oh yea, cause I eat junk food i have to be fat, tell that to the adderal you fuckin cunt
>>
>>7156296
>being proud of eating junk food and abusing Adderall
Have fun dying at 35.
>>
>>7156245

He's posting his youtube video in every thread he thinks is half way relevant.
>>
Cheap frozen pizza with extra ingredients you add yourself is inexpensive and effortless.

>>7135002

You should also post something relatively /ck/ related next time. Nobody cares what other boards you're from if you don't make a big deal about it.
>>
>>7156350
>/ck/ related
Junk food and Youtube "stars" then?
>>
>>7156211

How about FRUIT? Like an apple for breakfast.

Or VEGETABLES? Like carrots -- it doesn't take long to peel carrots and stick them in a ziplock bag and much on those through the day.

Or dried apricots. Or walnuts. Shit's good for you, yo.

Open a can of soup, like Wolfgang Puck soup, really tasty. Go wild and buy a baguette @ the bakery to eat w your soup.

Salad? Could you make one? Lettuce washed, spun dry and torn up? Add some feta cheese and maybe some cherry tomatoes? Pretty easy!
>>
>>7156406
Here's one thing though, I'm not fat, and not worried about getting fat. I'm more worried about long term heart diseases. I feel like fruit doesn't give me enough energy to do my stuff. All day long I'm either studying, traveling, or working out and in my spare time, I browse this shithole. I need a lot of energy to do that, and fast food just does the trick for me, fast, convenient, and fills me up, I'm looking for something similar that doesn't give me fucking cancer and costs less in the long term.
>>
>>7156389

It's sad that there are people who now think that crossboarders ("I came here from /b/ because I can spam jack, joey, and epic guy fieri memes and my thread will stay up for more than 5 minutes!") and first time posters ("I bought myself food for the first time in my life, rate my blurry picture of taco bell") are representative of /ck/.

It's the food and cooking board, anon.

Just because we're being flooded with shitposting, like every other board since the fappening, doesn't mean that is representative of what the board is, was, or should be...
>>
>>7156441
I agree but in all honesty /ck/ is absolute shit now.
It's a shame the mods are either lazy, ignorant or plain stupid.
Someone needs to clean this shit-hole up.
The MODS are failing, fuck 'em.
>>
>>7156491

I was in a thread a couple days ago where someone said pretty much this, then another anon replied with something like, "fuck the mods, they should completely stay away from here".

Less than 5 minutes later all his posts were deleted (which was probably a third of the thread, it turned out), meaning he was most likely banned.

I was both surprised and amused.

There has been a noticeable increase in self-moderation, with anons replying to shit posts telling the OP to fuck off, and those threads sometimes getting pruned/deleted.

It seems like the new batch of janitors just recently started, so we'll see how things go.
>>
>>7156211
Put bologna on hand
Squirt ketchup
Viola loser sandwich
Feels good maing
>>
>1 can of chicken broth
>1 or 1 half cup of water
>3 or 4 eggs
>boil broth and water
>stir up eggs well
>slowly pour into broth while stirring
Fast bastard egg soup. Change the water to broth ratio to fix the saltiness to your liking in the future.
>>
>>7156211
get some O3 supps to regulate saturated fat (and other reasons)
definetly avoid fructose i.e. anything processed / sweetened. includes all kinds of patties, rbaed etc etc etc.

buy some chicken, ideally cut
buy some vegetables. honestly it doesnt matter too much. get frozen ones, without any added spices and little to no salt.
buy a rice cooker for 20-30$
buy some rice (brown rice)

1. start rice 30 or so minutes before you want to eat
2. heat pan, oil, add chicken. try to flip it once. cook until white
3. add vegetables. fry until not raw.
4. add some spices. salt, chili, some thai/asia/wok mix.

also buy oats. loads valueable trace elememts and vitamins.
and by far the cheapest healthy food as far as kcal/$ goes
>>
Box of chicken rice-a-roni, a boneless chicken breast or two, jar of salsa, grated cheddar cheese. Cook chicken & rice-a-roni, cube the chicken, add to the rice along with the salsa and cheese. Serve with tortilla chips and choice of guac, salsa, and/ or queso.
>>
>>7156542
Well i'm still here. So...
>>
>>7156211
easy if you've got an immersion blender around

2 red potatoes
1 red onion
1 tbsp olive oil
2 cups chicken broth
1/4 cup whole milk (cream's better but you want cheap)
2 tbsp lemon juice

chop and brown the shit out of the onion and potatoes in a saucepan with the oil ~10 minutes
add the broth/salt/pepper and simmer for 20 minutes
blend the shit out of it (you can even start while it's still simmering to save time, if you're careful not to spray hot soup on yourself)
mix in the milk and lemon juice
eat that shit

takes a halfhour and costs like 3 bucks for 2-3 servings
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuC5JgIW-9U

I had it the other day and it tastes really good. I couldn't find coconut oil, so I just stuck with butter and it tastes fine.
>>
>>7156223
I love reading stupid shit like this as an early reply. OP is saying he obviously likes filling meals if he is used to fast food. You autistic faggots, you never learn to read a post and decide what that person wants to read.

OP, try baking a whole chicken one night, youll be able to eat on it for a few nights, you can prepare some white rice in a few minutes after you get home late. I work late too, the last thing I want to do is chop a shit load of different shit and take more than 20 minutes of kitchen time when I get home and im hungry and tired. I also put a pork shoulder in a crock pot, there are ok recipes for this on cat lady cooking websites.
Also try adding eggs to things, it makes it way more filling and eggs are good for you as long as you dont sit on ass all day.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.