[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What type of fish would you recommend for first trying and how
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: cooked-fish-images.jpg (93 KB, 640x462) Image search: [Google]
cooked-fish-images.jpg
93 KB, 640x462
What type of fish would you recommend for first trying and how would you prepare it?
I've never had it cooked before but I eat sushi with salmon/tuna and pretty often
>>
>>7155425
Fugu fish.
Any idiot can cut and cook it.
>>
>>7155428
This.

Fugu fish is the easiest fish to prepare. It's virtually impossible to fuck up.
>>
Bought Basa coz it was the cheapest

What do?
>>
catfish
>>
>>7155435
>Bought Basa coz it was the cheapest

Take it back and buy a nice piece of fish
>>
>>7155428
>>7155434
haha, it'd be sooo funny if OP accidentally died because of your shitty advice, right? right.

>>7155425
I'd advise salmon, Salmon Meuniere, that is.
>>
>>7155434
There is no chance of him getting fugu you fucking idiot.
>>
>>7155661
Tilapia is a literal garbage fish. Most cod and pollack you get is frozen trash that smells and tastes way too fishy.

OP, go to a nice seafood restaurant (not a chain) and get something like halibut.
>>
>>7155425

Best fish in existence, IMO, is the Grayling. Works well with pretty much every cooking method, though I think it's best served cold smoked.
>>
>>7155697
>>7155661
Seconded. Eat whats freshest - it will taste better
>>
>>7155425
Season some redfish or tilapia with pic related and cook in a pan with butter over high heat. Add a squeeze of lemon and serve with steamed broccoli and rice.
>>
>>7155750
Fuck, forgot pic
>>
>>7155425
Salmon steaks on a grill.
They're expensive so don't fuck it up.
Green beans make a nice side with that.
>>
>>7155425
Take any fish and do it en papilotte. Sure it looks like its a fancy french technique but its bulletproof if you have some time and a little bit of effort works with any standard store fish but salmon is my fav. 425 F for 10 min and additional 2min if its over an inch thick.
>>
I have mackerel curry in my pot. It is a meaty fish and lends itself to currying really well.
>>
https://youtu.be/W_Fg436KiWM
Talipa is easy to Cook and has a great taste
Link is a good way to Cook
>>
>>7155425
Get a salmon filet, coat it in pesto and broil it for 8-10 minutes. \
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.