[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I know there are a few McD workers here so I've got a question
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: BreakfastOrder.jpg (29 KB, 530x313) Image search: [Google]
BreakfastOrder.jpg
29 KB, 530x313
I know there are a few McD workers here so I've got a question for you.

I'm basically a permanent traveller and I eat McD breakfast more than I'd like to admit because it's consistent, familiar, usually easy and I actually rather like my standard order. However I'm not an early riser and often have to race to get to a McD on time.

Why can't I get a sausage and egg muffin at 10:31?

I know it's not because of anything in the cashier's terminal, sometimes I can in fact get a muffin at 10:31 because they have one left or something and they sell it to me. I once had a cheese burger and a hashbrown because they had the hashbrown left and its better than fries.

Likewise, sometimes at 10:25 they tell me they can't make one for me, they often ask the kitchen and get told no.

So it sounds like some irreversible process happens at back of house that would shake the universe to its foundations if it were to be violated. What is going on that makes toasting a muffin at 10:25+ the fast-food equivalent of dividing by zero?
>>
Breakfast 24/7 here in ND.
>>
>>7154728
...and the rest of the civilized world. What the fuck time traveling OP?
>>
>>7154728
>Breakfast 24/7 here in ND
That's very civilised.
HK has sausage and egg muffins on its 24/7 discount menu too but it's a special thing.

>>7154740
>What the fuck time traveling OP?
I can confirm that Australia, HK and China both have 6am-10:30am breakfast. Well, might be 5:30am or something but they all close breakfast at 10:30am. Pretty sure that UK does too though it's been a while.

I don't think much of the world has 24/7 breakfast.
>>
The cooking temperatures for breakfast and lunch items are different and it would be out of the safety policy to cook one once the grills are switched.
>>
>>7154746
>Civilized

You missed the key word dingus.
>>
>>7154746
"All day breakfast" as they call it is already available at quite a few maccas in Australia

It's being rolled out to all of them right know afaik
>>
>>7154840
Oh cool. I've been gone for a while, missed that. I wonder if it will go worldwide?
>>
>>7154877
Not sure of their plans tbqhfam
>>
File: 1434636214050.jpg (109 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1434636214050.jpg
109 KB, 720x720
24/7 Breakfast here in California

sucks 2 be u
>>
>>7154746
In HK on Sunday you can get a lot of the breakfast menu all day as well.
>>
>>7155166
>In HK on Sunday you can get a lot of the breakfast menu all day as well.
I do love HK sometimes.

I was blown away by the all day sausage&egg, just the thing when staggering back from LKF at 4am. I've dropped into the Wanchai McD many times when it's dark and it's so great to be able to get breakfast before bed.
>>
McDonald's breakfast fucking sucks.
>>
>>7155259
>McDonald's breakfast fucking sucks

I'll take an Eggs Benedict over it any day but that's hard to come by when travelling. The Brunch Club in HK, Causeway Bay is nice and I go there when I'm in town but I travel in China a lot and good western breakfast is hard to come by without spending about $30 for a 5* hotel buffet just to get some eggs on toast.

The best near here (Hohhot) is an all day English breakfast at a Nando's ripoff called Piri Piri, pretty good but still a bit expensive.
>>
>>7155264
Go get some dim sum
>>
>>7155267
>Go get some dim sum
I do, there's certainly fantastic yum cha in HK and I love me some congee too. Congee King in Wanchai is one of my favourites.

A bowl of their fish and preserved egg congee is great, their doughsticks are good with it as well. Really sets you up for the day.
>>
>>7154720
All of the meat patties have to be temp checked and ready for 1030. The grill that is used for eggs is the same as the meat patties, so it has to be cleaned to avoid cross contamination. Once the last run of eggs is finished, the grilll is cleaned and ready for changeover and that's it.

Just wake up half and hour earlier
>>
>>7155292
So you think it's the eggs that are the problem?

I could in theory get a sausage muffin with no egg and it would be ok?

Do they use anything special to toast the muffin?
>>
they obviously just turn over resources from making breakfest to non-breakfast items. They are not going to take a whole package of sausages out to thaw after 10:30 because they won't sell them all.
>>
Probably sometime to do with the machines themselves, they have a breakfast mode and a non breakfast mode.. Imagine a deep fried sausage if they didnt switch.

Unless they have two grills, they cant necessarily run them both at the same time.
Cross contamination from uncooked meats and all
>>
>>7155300
No, you couldn't get a sausage. The same grill that cooks the beef is used to cook the sausage, and it cooks them at a different temperature and takes time we don't have to change temps.

Muffins are toasted in the same toaster buns are, but on a different setting.

The only breakfast item we cook all day is bacon, and honestly we usually just make a shit ton of it in the morning.

>>7155373
Nah, McD's doesn't thaw any of the meat. Cooks straight from frozen.
>>
File: 1403414757863.jpg (33 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1403414757863.jpg
33 KB, 512x384
>>7154720
At about 10:15 the floor manager need to do this thing where they fry and cook up 1 tray of every cooked meat, including nuggets, patties, etc.

Then they put it on the bench and get one of those food temperature readers and a clipboard with a spreadsheet on it where they record the temperature of all the cooked lunch menu items. They cannot serve or make any lunch menu items until it passes this daily health inspection. This can take 5 to 10 minutes, but if their drive thru is getting smashed at 10:15 or some 14 year old stubs his toe on something and needs a bandaid and a phone to their mum to take them home from work then they might not get time to start the temp checking at about 10:20, hence why your breakfast gets later than 10:25.

Of course they try their best to get it out sooner. They're not trying to piss you off. And it's likely out of 365 days a year since the 70s this franchise runs, that on the odd occasion something happens and the food comes out later.
>>
>>7155431
Aah, so it's *supposed* to end breakfast at 10:15ish but gets pushed back sometimes?

>>7155427
Thanks for the info anon.

Not complaining really, just wondering what the big deal was, I inferred there was some actual reason because I've had this in lots of places in several countries and I was just kind of working towards actual reasons from what I've experienced.
>>
>>7155441
We're supposed to stop cooking breakfast at 10:15, but have enough in the heating cabinets to serve it until 10:30. Sometimes you run out a little early or late based on demand
>>
you americans are fucking disgusting
I hope you'll die young, in your own shit
>>
File: 1432126413127.gif (273 KB, 2192x1992) Image search: [Google]
1432126413127.gif
273 KB, 2192x1992
Calm down.
>>
>>7155445
I'm not american
>>
>>7155471
you're still fucking disgusting and have no excuse for it
and don't tell me you're canadian you're the very same
>>
>>7155284
>congee

some hotel had congee on their breakfast buffee in Vietnienne (I spelt that wrong but whatever the capital of Laos is). It was good but is it supposed to have that weird-ass texture?
>>
>>7155467
holy shit I haven't seen this variant of pepe in years.
>tfw finally oldfag
>>
>>7155508
*buffet, and it was a beef congee.
>>
>>7155445
>you americans are fucking disgusting

Okay

>I hope you'll die young

Okay

> in your own shit

We're not Indians.
>>
>>7155508
>>7155516
>beef congee
>weird-ass texture

Well I can't be certain of what you mean by weird ass-texture but probably. Congee is fairly thick when it's done right. It starts as steamed rice that is boiled overnight.

That said, Laos congee could be something entirely different, my knowledge of Laos cuisine is limited to things like papaya salad, some sort of coconut rice and roast chicken on a stick. Though those were all excellent and I enjoyed everything I ate in Vientianne.
>>
>>7154755
yep

>>7154746
in canada it's 4am - 11am, just fyi.

we also call mcChickens Junior Chickens, and the canadian mcChicken is a full size chicken sandwich
>>
ill never understand how people voluntarily eat this garbage
>>
>>7155699
Because it's garbage that tastes good.
>>
>>7154720
The solution is obviously to get up earlier. You can't have your cake and eat it too.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.