[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright /ck/ I have a bottle of Manischewitz Concord Grape, 1
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: Black-Pearl-Cocktail-226x300.jpg (16 KB, 226x300) Image search: [Google]
Black-Pearl-Cocktail-226x300.jpg
16 KB, 226x300
Alright /ck/ I have a bottle of Manischewitz Concord Grape, 1 bottle of Smirnoff Vanilla, 1 Stolichnaya Razberi and 1 Sparkling wine. Any ideas?

Also cocktail thread.
>>
>>7154406
Smirnoff vanilla sounds delicious, though I'm sure it isn't.
>>
>>7154406
Any mixers at all?

If thats all you have, I'd probably just drink the vodka on its own, as cold as you can make it.
>>
>>7154545
It has a nice vanilla smell but it's still vodka after all.

>>7154569
I'm not going to prepare it right now. That's why I'm asking for ideas and if I need something I'll go get it.
>>
>>7154587
Well I guess there are a lot of options then. There are hundreds of cocktails made from vodka that you could choose from.

I personally like the classics like martini, manhattan, martinez etc but my housemate once made me something that I really enjoyed with vanilla vodka. She mixed vanilla vodka, apple juice, a dash of San Pellegrino limonata and some cinnamon. Its a very wintery cocktail I thought - mostly because of the cinnamon. No doubt there is a lot more out there though.
>>
>>7154406
without mixers you won't get far
if you get just some mixers tho you can get y just fine

get orange juice, apple juice and vermouth (carpano if you can find it, martini isn't even vermouth, even if it gets the job done)

that way you'll be able to prepare a hell of a lot of stuff
among all, try this - http://liquor.com/recipes/bering-apple/
>>
>>7154545

Diacetyl is the chemical conduit used to flavor liquors and e-liquid. Recently it's been found to cause a rather large number of illnesses. Don't drink flavored liquor, in the long run it will cause irreversible damage to your body.

http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/news/press-releases/e-cigarette-flavoring-chemicals-linked-to-respiratory-disease/
>>
>>7154406
If you're doing that you might as well go full on drunk and hit up the Thunderbird.

www.bumwine.com
>>
Going to an open bar tomorrow night. What should I try? I like gin drinks and most whiskeys. My go to cocktail is a martini. What's a good winter cocktail?
>>
>>7155940

>open bar

Things you normally can't afford ie: fine wine, scotch, champagne etc etc etc...
>>
>>7155956
That's what I'm planning but I was hoping for some more specific recommendations.
>>
File: uryZLzT.gif (668 KB, 424x360) Image search: [Google]
uryZLzT.gif
668 KB, 424x360
>>7155993

Ask for: TBA, Eiswein, Single malts, Fine Irish whiskies, Tokaji, etc etc etc.

Avoid: Moet, Veuve, blended whiskies/scotch, well drinks, the entire well shelf in general, fruity cocktails, belinis, mimosas, rose wine.
>>
>>7156012
Thanks anon. I don't go out for drinks often if you can't tell.
>>
>>7156030

Life is all about new experiences friend, let's try to make them good ones. That being said, if you don't go out drinking much...know your limits and don't get hammered an embarrass yourself.

In the 21st century there's a computer with built in cameras in EVERYONE'S pocket, keep that in mind. You're always one shot away from being an overnight sensation/meme.
>>
>>7156039
Of course, I drink regularly at home but I mostly stick with beer. It's an office party so I will probably only have two or three drinks, I would not want to get trashed with coworkers.
>>
File: 30008643866.gif (290 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
30008643866.gif
290 KB, 500x281
>>7156053

Smart man. Enjoy your party!
>>
>>7155783
It's nothing new that breathing diacetyl is seriously bad.
It causes a condition known as popcorn lung (diacetyl is used as butter aroma and commonly used on popcorn), but so far it has almost been exclusive to people inhaling it for extended periods of time - such as those working in production facilites.
Unless you're producing tons of it per day or pouring it into a bong, your butter-flavoured drink should be safe.
>>
>I have a bottle of Manischewitz Concord Grape
for what purpose would you obtain such a thing
>>
File: 1449536188097.jpg (4 KB, 224x217) Image search: [Google]
1449536188097.jpg
4 KB, 224x217
>>7157309
It's tasty jewjuice and its fucking Hanukkah that's why
>>
Taking bets on how long it takes before OP starts selling his ass on the street for crack rocks.
>>
>>7157319
>tasty jewjuice
No, it sucks.

>>and its fucking Hanukkah
So what if it's Hanukkah?
>>
>>7154545

I've always liked the Smirnoff coolers, so I thought I'd try the Smirnoff vodka. I went with strawberry vodka, because I like strawberry flavored things. I was still new at drinking, so I bought a big ass bottle. Big mistake. It was nasty and disgusting as fuck. Took me a while to choke it all down, several months. Never again, fuck Smirnoff. I'll still drink the coolers though.
>>
>>7157371
>>7157309

You're fuckin' crazy, Manischewitz is delicious.
>>
>>7157775
Damn straight pippy, ?i loves me jewjuice. Shabbat Shalom mothafucka!
>>
>>7157280

It's used to make all flavoured vodkas, it's not just artificial butter flavourings.
>>
>>7157775

You're aware they make wine coolers, flavored wines and like 6 other varieties of Sader wine...right?
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.