[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there an authentic boulangerie in your city? How much would
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
Is there an authentic boulangerie in your city?

How much would it cost to set one up in a decent-sized city (pop. 1M+)?
>>
>>7153934

>boulangerie

That means interpreted pastries, French "style" baked goods.

No. Nothing here in Brittany is "faux" it's all "authentic", although with the influx of migrants things have been changing over the past few years.
>>
Toronto has tons and almost all have financial problems because they dont make a lot of money and the shit head hipster types expect a small business to rake in enough to support their hipster lifestyles. Throw your money away. The only businesses like this that can cope in a big city are franchises.
>>
>>7153934
People get paid for this kind of shit, but in NYC in a decent neighborhood, 5 million at minimum, probably more.
>>
File: 20131111000767_0.jpg (83 KB, 650x433) Image search: [Google]
20131111000767_0.jpg
83 KB, 650x433
>>7153946
>The only businesses like this that can cope in a big city are franchises.
>franchises.

Incoming.
>>
>>7153934
No, because it makes no sense. Why would I pay $20 for a loaf of "authentic" bread just so I could look at a bunch of overrated sweets that no one buys? The Portuguese and Italian bakeries are cheaper and have better bread.
>>
>>7154012
You should try "French" bakeries in Japan and Korea.

They somehow figured out how to make the puffiest, softest pastries that is unlike anything else (probably used a lot of chemicals and special machineries) and are mass producing them at affordable prices.
>>
>>7153947
If you had 5 million, why would you waste it on a bakery?
>>
>>7154031
I wouldn't. I'd go live in the caribbean for a few years, before coming back to the real work to make even more! HOORAH!

Fuck making a bakery or a restaurant.
>>
>>7154031
Because you have a good business acumen, and you determined it to be a good niche to get into?

Because you calculated the numbers, and you realized you'd get a lot more than 5M out of 5M investment?
>>
>>7154034
It seems completely unlikely that a bakery would have the highest ROI vs all other options for 5M.
>>
>>7154034
I learned a little bit from an uncle who was so good that he not only got a Horatio Alger award but also a bronze star in Korea.

It's pretty tough to live up to his standards.

Depeche Mode Bilbao BBK Live 2013 mp4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BLQAawh6RE
>>
>>7154034
You do realize that if it's from some government, fed, state, local, whatever, that they're not looking for ROI?
>>
>>7153942

you literally retarded? Boulangerie is a bakery, patisserie is a pastry shop, and vienoisserie is things like croissants. They are mostly all all in one now in France. Are you pretending to be french? Go get fucked, how does it feel being subjugated by french faggots you stupid celtic faggot?

I live in a relatively poor city of 2 million in America and there are 2 solid bakeries for wealthy white people that also sell pastries, and there is a vietnamese bakery and a bosnian bakery as well as a couple cuban ones I've never been to. There are a couple larger bread distributors but they don't bake for retail sale, just for restaurants. But no, none of them are really modeled after French boulangeries.
>>
>>7154476

oh and there are obviously several cake shops for events and stuff, and obviously you can also get okay bread and pastries from Whole foods, but for the price you might as well go to the local places which are better anyways.
>>
>>7153934
>implying authenticity means anything
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.