[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have some chicken thighs in the fridge which should be defrosted
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
Have some chicken thighs in the fridge which should be defrosted in time for dinner. Tonight I was thinking of a slow roast in the oven at about 275 for a few hours to get it nice and tender, maybe retain some of the moisture. Then I thought, 'Hey, let me ask those fat asses over on /ck what they would do with them'.

So, fat asses, what should I do with my chicken thighs?
>>
>>7153378
Grill them of course
>>
This:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eO6e5k6Vvnc
>>
Dry rub chicken and let sit in fridge for an hour
Place in oven with chicken stock
When half way done remove stock and place in bowl
Put chicken back in oven
Make gravy out of the stock you just removed
Remove chicken when done
Eat your chicken and gravy

Use bones to make stock
Rinse and repeat; it's never ending
>>
>>7153386

......did he just eat raw chicken
>>
i have about a pound of BS chicken breasts and not much else. what can i do with them?
>>
>Seasoning chicken with skin on
>Flavor never penetrates the meat

Why you do this?
>>
>>7153378
Thighs are dark meat and have plenty of fat so they stay moist no matter how you decide to prepare them.

For chicken thighs/legs, I normally dredge them with seasoned flour, brown on both sides, saute some chopped onions/celery/carrots/leeks/hot peppers/etc in the pan, add some garlic and herbs, some kind of liquid (wine/beer/stock/canned tomatoes/whatever) and then stick the thighs back in, cover it and stick the whole deal in the oven to braise for an hour or two.
>>
File: 1286405264234.jpg (8 KB, 231x251) Image search: [Google]
1286405264234.jpg
8 KB, 231x251
>>7153441
Because crispy chicken skin is delicious.

>2015
>STILL literally taking off the skin
>>
>>7153441
Wow the skin is the best part you flaming faggot
>>
>>7153404
Sear or bake.

I sear my chicken.
>>
>>7153464
He probably meant why season the skin when the meat gets no taste, as the meat makes up a bigger part of the chicken than the skin does.
Sure I love crispy chicken skin but I wouldn't want to eat blend,dry chicken.
>>
>>7153378

Remove the skin. Debone thighs. Put delicious rub on meat and let sit for an hour. Chop onions, mushrooms and spinach. Finely mince garlic and mix with chopped veg. Stuff seasoned thigh meat with veg mix and re-wrap thighs with skin. Brush on melted butter and sprinkle with kosher salt. Roast in oven for twenty minutes at 350 and then put under broiler with the oven door open until skin is brown and bubbling. Remove from oven and let rest for ten minutes. WA LA!
>>
FRIED CHICKEN
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6OSMbfhIao

I've tried this recipe a few times and it's always turned out pretty good
>>
>>7153384
Seconding this. Dry rub and smoke or marinate and baste, grilling is the best way to cook chicken thighs.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.