[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Knob Creek
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: knob_creek.jpg (150 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
knob_creek.jpg
150 KB, 960x1280
When did Knob Creek switch to a fake cork instead of a real one? On everything prior it's been a real cork, then I just noticed the I had used a fake cork, it looks like a used up tampon.

That'll be the last time I patronize that company. Cheers assholes!
>>
Ahh bought out by bevmo, that'll be the last knob creek that I buy... fuck off chumps.
>>
Real corks are permeable and prone to rot, ruining your beverage over time.

Fake corks and screw-caps seal perfectly and are superior in every way.
You're shitting on this poor company because they actually care about their product.
>>
>>7152754
That's bullshit and you know it.
Bevmo is no shit company.
>>
>>7152754
There's nothing like pulling out a cork and having a whift or smell of what's inside. Plastic doesn't work that way.
>>
Maybe it's a UN thing, that in a few generations, people will accept plastic as standard instead of cork?
>>
File: how-to-tell-if-wine-is-corked.jpg (146 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
how-to-tell-if-wine-is-corked.jpg
146 KB, 1200x1200
>>7152759

That's all fine and dandy, until one day you sniff the cork and it smells like trichloroanisole and your whole bottle is fucked.
>>
>>7152762
Right so at least we can do it, not do sais the UN, that's only for their holier than thou diplomatic types who think that they know more than everyone else. Cork is one of those things.
>>
>>7152762
Do you really think that the UN hoity toit types dont fly around in gulfstreams and drink properly corked wine? Don't be a fool.
>>
>>7152766
>>7152770

You're rambling like everyone's racist uncle, go take your meds.
>>
>>7152773
>dude I'm not racist
>y-your the racist!
>>
>>7152784
>>7152791
No one's calling anyone racist you idiot, you're rambling incoherently and fixating on shit that has absolutely nothing to do with anything, like how /pol/ and your least favourite uncle always twist everything into "the jews" as an excuse to rant.

The fact that the insinuation offends you so tells me you get this a lot.
>>
>>7152800
It doesn't offend me, what offends me is the congress of the USA sucking up to CAIR money. We don't need the UN here, it can go to Brussels where they suck up to islamics.
>>
File: 1449058844487.jpg (48 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1449058844487.jpg
48 KB, 600x600
>>7152754
>Real corks are permeable and prone to rot, ruining your beverage over time.
Bevmo shill spotted.
>>
Wait, so is anti-UN rhetoric a new meme? Or is this anon completely autistic?
>>
Only loosely related, but is there a way to get bourbon smell out of a cork?

I'm trying to re-use a bottle but it makes everything taste and smell funny
>>
cork is slowly becoming endangered
it takes 100's of years to grow a cork tree and we are running out of cork
this is why many wine producers have switched to plastic corks
if you want them to use cork and you are willing to pay double what you are paying now then let them know
>>
>>7152753
>>7153024
Are you actually retarded, or just pretending? Knob Creek is, and has always been, owned by Jim Beam
>>
>>7153661

Not only that but synthetic corks simply work better than natural corks.
>>
File: ZO4BrLR[1].gif (2 MB, 360x200) Image search: [Google]
ZO4BrLR[1].gif
2 MB, 360x200
Maker's Mark was always the superior product anyway

come the fuck at me
>>
>>7153656
Use another cork?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.