[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What makes red colored sausges so delicious? Just tried these,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: sausages.png (533 KB, 900x543) Image search: [Google]
sausages.png
533 KB, 900x543
What makes red colored sausges so delicious? Just tried these, they have a very clean taste (not sure how to describe it) and taste WAY better than most sausages which are brown colored and tend to taste terrible.
>>
>>7152673
they are also way cheaper than the expensive $15/kg sausages. These are like $6 per kg. Made from pork and meat just like most sausages...
>>
>>7152682
meant to type pork and beef
>>
>>7152673
Looks like crap from india that would make me puke on sight and smell.
>>
They're processed.
>>
>>7152713
I processed yur mum last night.
>>
You mean hotdogs?
>>
used to be paprika

now it's probably annatto or red dye #40
>>
>>7152673
I think they tend to have a lot more fat content than your average sausage, which is where most of the flavour comes from, so that might make it seem to taste more purely meaty to you.

Can you post some brands that you've tried so we can see what their ingredients are to compare? There might be a general trend, but I don't think "red" and "brown" is a bright line distinction in sausage types.
>>
>>7152673
Nitrates and nitrites are often added to cheap sausage and ham. They add both a distinctive flavor and give a red/pink hue to the meat. The result can be delicious, but these meats are suspected carcinogens, especially when cooked at high temperatures.

So as delicious as these products are it might be wise to eat them very rarely.
>>
>>7152713
Processed is a very vague term. That could merely mean they're ground up and put in sausage casing, which they clearly are.
>>
>>7152673
Saveloys?
>>
polse polse polse polse polse polse polse polse polse polse polse polse polse polse polse polse polse polse polse polse polse polse polse polse polse polse polse polse polse polse polse polse polse polse
>>
Merguez?
>>
>>7152942
The sausages were "primo frankfurts"
>>
>>7152992
that sounds illegal
>>
Red sausages like the cheap shit ones you get in hot dogs give me absolutely horrendous heart burn. It's literally so bad that I will never eat another one so long as I live.
>>
>>7155334
strange, the brown ones taste way worse for me
>>
>>7152992
It's not about being cheap, it's how you inhibit botulism growth.
>>
>>7155327
Oh, well it's probably just that they're smoked or otherwise cured. That tends to concentrate the taste of meats.
>>
>>7155329
Nitrites are a common preservative for meat, especially bacon.
>>
>>7155367
Maybe. Nitrites and nitrates allow you to skip a step in production. Bacteria during the curing process would naturally create a certain amount of them. Just adding them allows the manufacturer to skip that step, but means the end product ends up with higher levels than a traditionally cured product.
>>
so why does this taste so much better than much more expensive sausages?
>>
>>7152673
You're eating with your eyes. You find red sausage to be ideal, and so your mind is primed to find them better.

They aren't, usually...
>>
>>7155914
Are you implying OP wants to eat them because of a doggy red rockets gf fantasy?
>>
>>7155914
>implying that's true
>>
>>7152752
It's never been paprika. It's Carmine.
>>
So why do red sausages taste so much better
>>
>>7157152
>>7155909

Questionable ingredients that we find tasty but perhaps should not be eating.

Had a kid neighbor who was eating bug poison for a while because he said it tastes like sour candy.
>>
File: 2.jpg (233 KB, 740x490) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
233 KB, 740x490
>>7152673
>sausages
You mean hot dog wieners?
>>
>>7157179
how do you know we shouldnt be eating these sausages?
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.