[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So my friend is moving and we're going to have a BBQ as
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 23750_l.jpg (82 KB, 614x409) Image search: [Google]
23750_l.jpg
82 KB, 614x409
So my friend is moving and we're going to have a BBQ as a house warming. However, his GF is vegetarian. I always cook at these things, but I've never done a vegetarian BBQ.
I was thinking of making an eggplant parma, first by grilling the eggplant on my weber, then crumbing it an frying it and finish it off with the cheese and marinara sauce.
Does that sound good? I don't cook with eggplant much.

What else can I make for a vegetarian at a BBQ?
>>
Roasted vegetables are really good. All you do is cut them up, season with salt, pepper and a little oil/butter, and seal them in a foil packet. I usually do squash and mushrooms, but you can try anything really.

Grilled portobello mushrooms are also good.
>>
>>7151703
Be sure to salt the eggplant first, then let it sit for a while. Then wipe the beads of water off, and grill.
>>
>>7151757
I've heard if this before. Is it just to stop the eggplant from going too soggy?
>>
grilled asparagus and skewer some zucchini and squash and some tomatoes and grill them
>>
>>7151763
Pretty much. Eggplant and zucchini have a fairly high water content. The salt pulls water out of the veg, and helps keep it stay firm.
>>
>>7151703
If you really want to impress her grill some tempeh or marinated seitan. Make sure there are vegetarian friendly starch and vegetable sides and she'll probably suck you off in front of your friend.
>>
grilled beet steaks?
>>
>>7151703
veg kebabs

ezpz
>>
>>7151703
make her a big fat juicy steak
>>
>>7151703
Portobello mushrooms are a must for bbqs.
It's like the meat of vegetables.

Don't even think of doing eggplant parma, because that's not BBQ.
>>
>>7151850
>>7152809
OP, eggplant parm is a lovely idea, but if it's a BBQ, then these two anons are right on. I'd go with tempeh or portabella. They pick up a marinade easily, and are "meaty." Then she can have a bbq flavor while she wishes she could eat brisket.
>>
>>7152809
>>7152816
Thanks, but the problem is she hates mushrooms. it's fucking annoying sometimes.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.