[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I know the last thing everyone wants is another fast food thread,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: pollotropicalamigo.jpg (10 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
pollotropicalamigo.jpg
10 KB, 300x168
I know the last thing everyone wants is another fast food thread, but I am genuinely curious about Pollo Tropical. I had never heard of this place until about a month ago when they were advertising for a new location within a few miles of me. Any opinions on this place?

I just looked on the menu and there are some interesting options, but I can see these items being awful if this place is bad. But I'd love to hear some opinions on the place and your favorite order there. Thanks y'all.
>>
>>7151007
They manage to have locations all over the Caribbean, so if they're selling to the people who actually eat that kind of food, they must do something right.

I live in Denver so I hadn't even heard of it before your post.
>>
You're in luck OP, I've been going to Pollo Tropical for over 10 years.

I usually get a Tropichop, either pork or chicken, with white rice, black beans, tomatoes, and corn. Then I put salsa, that white garlic sauce, and poyo poyo sauce. Fucking awesome.

If you don't want a bowl of slop, you can't go wrong with their chicken. But seriously try their sauces, especially the poyo poyo.
>>
>>7151020
Interesting observation, that is actually kind of encouraging. Enjoy Denver this time of year, I'm jealous. Between the Rockies and all the outdoor activities and your Broncos playing well, it should be a fun winter (assuming you're a NFL fan).

>>7151040
Thanks for the advice. I saw they have a ton of sauces so that's pretty cool. Is it kinda garbage, low quality food? Or is it a notch above your average fast food? Looks like they even have some healthy options too which is nice if I feel like not becoming a tub of lard. Also, what do you usually spend there on that meal you described? No prices on their site.
>>
>>7151020
The locations in the Caribbean are completely different from the locations in the continental US. In the states it's just really bland cuban food. The beans have no flavor the chicken isn't spiced.
In Puerto Rico it's just a poormans version of what your mother makes you at home, which can get the job done during lunch especially if you're a homesick college student. The locations in the Caribbean also have a much larger menu with burgers, wraps, and a variety of soups.
>>
>>7151100
>Is it kinda garbage, low quality food? Or is it a notch above your average fast food?
It's above fast food quality, especially their chicken.

>Also, what do you usually spend there on that meal you described?
A small tropichop(which is enough to fill you up) and a drink goes for $6.99 if I remember correctly. Their prices are pretty good considering it's not your token processed/fried shit you get from McDonald's.
>>
>>7151007
I grew up in florida, seriously miss this place.
Had a lot of tropichops growing up. Rice, black beans, chicken.
>>
>>7151151
Sounds good, thanks man.

>>7151157
So far I'm seein' quite a bit of positive feedback. I might know what I'm getting for my Thursday Night Football meal. I feel like bourbon would go well with a lot of this food too... Yummy.
>>
I have been to a couple in the last month since they started advertising near me. Wife and I loved it the first time so we went back and got the same thing which was like $10 for a whole chicken, rice, beans, and some rolls. I recommend the cilantro garlic and mustard curry sauces. It's pretty good food for a fairly low price.
>>
>>7151007
is that like a cuban version of el pollo loco?
>>
>>7151167
Yea dude, I moved northwards (only VA) and I seriously miss pollo tropical.
>>
They're common here in South Florida.

I'd suggest going with yellow rice and black beans and maybe some extra crispy sweet plantains for something basic and essential and then adding whatever feels right.
>>
I moved from Miami 4 months ago and Pollo is probably what I miss most. Poyo poyo sauce is amazing. Curry mustard rules too. Tropichop with chicken, half brown rice, half lettuce, grilled peppers onions, corn, tomatoes, and black beans. Theyre open til fucking midnight at a bunch of places too. Consider yourself blessed my nig.
>>
>>7153673
Hot diggity, that's what I'm talkin about. Nothing really negative about Pollo Tropical yet, that's good to hear. I'm gonna swing by there tomorrow for some drankin' food.
>>7151990
Thanks
>>
They got some dank Mac n cheese
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.