[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anchovy Pizza
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: chovie pizza.jpg (593 KB, 1919x1080) Image search: [Google]
chovie pizza.jpg
593 KB, 1919x1080
So we all agree that anchovies are one of the best pizza toppings, but when do you add them?

http://strawpoll.me/6211408
>>
>>7149865
Where's the option for never you nasty fuck
>>
>>7149865
Your survey is flawed. There's no option for Never.
>>
I've never actually tried anchovy pizza but I don't mind anchovies. Wouldn't having whole anchovies on a pizza be overwhelmingly salty though? It seems like chopping them up and spreading it out would be better.
>>
>>7149888

I usually take a bite of pizza with just a little nibble of anchovy included. If your going the uncut, europoor route, you use your knife and fork to determine how much anchovy you want in each bite.

It's salty, but not in the same way as pouring a bottle of salt on top; anchovies go really well with the bread, cheese and sauce.
>>
You all don't know shit. Hot out of the oven. I want my anchovies warm and good, not overdone.
>>
>>7149865
I grind mine into a paste and spread it onto the crust then add the sauce on top.
>>
I prefer to add the anchovies to my pizza sauce, rather then on top. Anchovies are pretty much an essential part of nearly every tomato sauce I make.
As far as topping, I'd rather use sardines OR pacific white anchovies if I have aome.
>>
i like to put them on before i put the pizza in the oven, i like when they dry out a little like anchovy jerky
>>
It's funny. I made this poll after some anon in a different thread said that the best way to have anchovies on pizza is to put them on right out of the oven, while it's hot enough to bring out the flavor without having them disintegrate into salty streaks.

"Just dip your cold pizza into the tin of anchovies the next day" currently has more votes than putting them on the pizza hot out of the oven.

>if this were a poll about taco bell there'd be over a hundred replies
>>
File: o.jpg (69 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
o.jpg
69 KB, 500x500
>>7149865
Never had it but always wanted to try it.
>>
>>7150806

I wouldn't put as many anchovies on the pizza as in your pic for your first time.

I'd recommend starting with one anchovy per slice, and not consuming it all in one big bite. Better yet, break off a chunk of an anchovy on the side and add it to your bite of pizza to see what you think; most people who don't like them complain that putting even one on a pizza will taint the entire thing.
>>
I love anchovies, but they're really salty. I would chop them up and make a chunky oily sauce to top the pizza.
>>
>>7149865
Pepperoni + anchovy pizza = godlike
>>
I've always hated them on pizza. But at a bar a friend ordered tapas which included a more whole looking Anchovy (cold) on crusty bread with some plant matter, and in this case they were pretty good. Therefore I suggest that baking them ruins them.
>>
Just dump a bucket of fucking sea water on your pizza.
Same thing.
>>
File: 250px-Bae21.jpg (9 KB, 250x192) Image search: [Google]
250px-Bae21.jpg
9 KB, 250x192
>>7149865

if it's just a pizza for me I have them cook them on the pizza

if it's me and other people, I get them on the side and put it on the slice before I eat

damn they are so good
>>
>>7151974
Pepperoni is ruins good pizza.
>>7152922
You've clearly never had anchovy pizza.
>>
>>7152922
This. And before you said I haven't tried it, bullshit. I worked at Dominos for a year, and tried every topping out, it smelled and tasted like the ocean, completely overpowering any other taste. Disgusting.
>>
>>7152922
>>7152972

It's for this reason that anchovies are god-tier for seafood. It brings out the flavor of the sea, like a wise cook likes to say.
>>
Adding anchovies to pizza is a waste of a good anchovy. Only countries with disgusting low tier anchovies would do something like that.
>>
>>7153145

How do you eat anchovies?
>>
tfw living in bumfuck nowhere clapistan and no pizza places or grocery stores carry anhovies.

tfw i have no feel because living in this shitpile has killed me inside and when i get fired after christmas i'm going to kill myself.
>>
>>7153274

I've never been in a grocery store in the States that didn't carry at least one brand of anchovies.

You're most likely not looking in the right section.
>>
tuna, anchovies, onions, olives, bufallo mozzarrella
if you want add pizza underneath
->TAXIDOCOCKRING
>>
>>7153282
>clapistan
>states
dude can you even read?
>>
>>7153549

>can you even read

Yeah.

Do you think "clapistan" refers to some sub-Saharan, gonorrhea infested shithole?

You should probably kill yourself now.
>>
>>7149865
Tired Anchovies once, was okay. Might try Parmesean next time.
>>
>>7149865
Anchovies are a bit too strong for a pizza imo
>>
>>7153549
Are you new to 4chan?
>>
>>7150003
This is correct - add them to the sauce.
>>
>>7150003
>>7153678

I like the idea of adding anchovies to the sauce, but I also think one of the best things about pizza is being able to, more or less, control how much of each ingredient you get in each bite while eating it, especially with something as potent as anchovies.
>>
>>7153651

It's not like you can really overpower the subtleties of bread, tomato sauce, and cheese.
>>
This has to be one of the closest polls I've seen on /ck/.

Never realized there was so much disagreement on the issue.

>dip your cold pizza right into the tin of anchovies masterrace
>>
Need to eat more votes.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.