[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
everyday edibles
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: 1449000091653.jpg (80 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
1449000091653.jpg
80 KB, 612x612
hey /ck/

after eating way too little during way too long periods of time (dat neet life), I've finally started earning money and working out.

what foods do you always like having around the house, beyond the basics? what do you like having around, stuff that is easy for you to just grab and enjoy?

my pantry only has basics now, and stuff like bacon, eggs, bearnaise sauce, kimchi, brie cheese, bread...

I'm picturing things like different kinds of sodas and beers, chips, good meats, different kinds of cheese, and various vegetables, fruits, and nuts.

what's your favorites?
>>
Anchovies.
>>
hot dogs
>>
I always find that my pantry benefits immensely from the presence of a Knorr Stock Pot. Whether it's entertaining for a dinner party or just fixing a quick dinner after a full day's work, I know I can always rely on the rich flavour of a Knorr Stock Pot to liven up even my shittest recipes.
>>
>>7149784
this reads like a commercial, lol
>>
A lot of my stuff I buy fresh, but there are some things I always just keep around, just in case. Some pasta roni, some spaghetti noodels, a can or two of spam, some chicken and beef stock (in boxes), peanut butter, some cans of soup, Instant oatmeal, bag each of dry lentils and black beans, a box of tea. These things aren't kept around for everyday use necessarily, but are also for when I inevitably fall ill - I don't want to fuck around making a ton of food when I've got a cold or the flu, so I make something quick and easy and have done with it.

I guess the point is to not just lay up ingredients, but have some easy plan B options for when you are dead fucking tired or miserably sick.
>>
>>7149784
>>7149856
good comments

what are your favorite go-to foods if you can't be fucked to make that much food?
>>
>>7149648
You are not supposed to feed tortellini to ferrets.

Not even kidding.

They cannot process high carb loads. Stick to feed and if you want, use low sugar fruit (berries?) as treats.
>>
>>7149648
Off the top of my head, some things I keep regularly:
>eggs
>tortillas or other bread
>cheese
>Goya black refried beans
>Kale or Rainbow Chard
>a large sweet onion
>some sort of pepper, usually serrano
>avocado
>some sort of meat, depends on sales. I've got some NY strips and pork loin due to sales.
>frozen broccoli in steamable bag
>potatoes

>>7150903
>Breakfast tacos
Saute onion and peppers in oil or meat rendering if you have bacon/sausage. Fry eggs and place with cheese on warm tortillas.

Other easily made things, feel free to mix and match:
>Sausage baked in oven
>Chicken baked in oven
>Steak
>Broccoli
>Baked potato (lots of time, basically no prep)
>>
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 400x600
>>7149784
>>
>>7149784
Peanut Memeandmem's
>>
>>7150942
>breakfast tacos

sounds absolutely delicious
>>
>>7149648
Buy canned shit on sale. Especially canned tomatoes and tomato paste. Dry beans are crazy cheap, but not very convenient, so I tend to stick to canned. Buy pasta and rice on sale too. They keep basically forever and can help get rid of expensive perishables when you need to.

For perishables, I keep potatoes and onions around, and I'm starting to keep mushrooms around as well (quick breakfast of 2 eggs, onion, mushroom, and breakfast potatoes is awesome).

Milk, yogurt, and cheese are good to have around too. Cream ends up being incredibly useful, keeps for a while, and cream + milk = half-and-half.

Buy meat on sale and freeze it in freezer bags. Thawing takes 24hrs in fridge or a couple hours in warm water. My freezer is stocked full of awesome shit to eat, just have to combine with some kind of rice, pasta, or potato side-dish, and maybe some canned or fresh veggies.
>>
>>7152244
thank you for this
>>
>>7149648

always have tortillas/wraps laying around. tomatoes, mozzarella, sweet onions.

I make my own stock. collect skins of carrots, the outter layer of onions and other shit in a bowl in my fridge, then after a week I throw them all in a pot and cook 'em.

I then strain it twice, wait for it to cool down and put the stock into my ice cube tray. now stock is always available and cost absolutely nothing aside from the water and the electricity bill.

canned tomatoes, canned beans and canned coconut milk are essential for me, too.

also your everyday stuff - eggs, bread, salami, cheese of choice, butter et cetera.

potatoes, lentins, rice, pasta, you know the drill.

frozen spinach, baby carrots and peas. also frozen homemade bolognese, because mine takes like four hours to make.

atleast one fresh thai curry paste, harissa paste, sweet mustard, mayo and regular mustard.

soy sauce, mirin, rice vinegar, hoisin sauce, sriracha, any kind of hot sauce, ketchup,

bananas, orange and yoghurt for breakfast.

thas it.
>>
how do you guys eat canned beans? They always taste of metal to me.
>>
>>7153983
Rinse them then cook them. It's not a big deal.
>>
>>7149648
Fresh cream obviously, and a few cans of kidney beans. Some IPAs. Anchovies as mentioned earlier. Extra virgin olive oil for deep frying. Buffalo wing sauce, bbq sauce, A1 sauce, ketchup obviously. Ranch dressing, crisco, buttermilk. Spices from dollar general. Lots of stuff really.
>>
>>7150920
Nigger, did you just call that cat a ferret?
>>
>>7149648
Salmon!
>>
>>7149648
Combat sports athlete reporting in. Eggs. Canned beans--I use them to refry or put them on salads. Lots of fresh fruit, berries, veggies, greens. Avocados. Salsa. Hummus and dipping veggies. Nuts. Chia seeds, sunflower seeds. Olive oil. Dark chocolate. Tortillas for wraps. Tortilla chips. Lentils. Canned tomatoes. Spices. Olives. Rice, quinoa, almond flour. Pumpkin. Sweet potatoes.
>>
>>7149784
South Park was right.. Even on 4chan we can't escape the ads
>>
>>7150903
grilled cheese sandwich, or cheddar cheese on a bagel
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.