[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cooking with beer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1
File: beer-in-chicken.jpg (119 KB, 1024x682) Image search: [Google]
beer-in-chicken.jpg
119 KB, 1024x682
Looking to get rid of a shitload of cheap beer my buddy left with me. It doesn't taste great and i thought this might help use it up faster. Any good recipes? Also any brands that are particularly good for cooking?
>>
Beer can chicken is really good imo
>>
Beer battered fried stuff.
>>
>>7149279
beer bread
>>
>>7149279
beer cheese soup
>>
>>7149279
Chili is nothing without it.
>>
Beer sandwich spread
>>
Beer Beef Stew.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCa9tqi15qU
>>
>>7149279
chile con carne
beef stew
beery chicken
>>
Just remembered. Octopus. Bake your octopus in the oven and baste with beer ever so often Best food ever.
>>
Splash a bit onto your onions while they're frying.
>>
>>7149279
Umm... just drink it and get drunk?
>>
>>7149279
beer braise sausage

>put sausage in pan
>brown a bit
>pour beer into pan
>allow beer to reduce into delicious sauce
>use this sausage and sauce combination in anything you want

you can even use shit beer and hot dogs and it makes both way better
>>
>>7149317
>beer can chicken

you've been memed

http://amazingribs.com/tips_and_technique/debunking_beer_can_chicken.html
>>
>>7149279
What kind of beer is it? There are a lot of good ideas somfar, but different beers are goodmfor different recipes. For instance, stouts male for really good chili bases, while a light pilsner would best be used to add flavor to bratwurst or something else where you might normally use water or a bit of stock.
>>
>>7149682
>muh undercooked meat

Sorry I don't buy my chicken from a street vendor in somalia
>>
>>7149682

Just because it's not ideal according to some online aspie doesn't mean it doesn't result in an easy and delicious end result.

Should we now reject every recipe that isn't "ideal" according to some arbitrary standard? That would make for a very simple meal plan and sounds boring as hell. Variety is great, you don't have to roast your chicken the same way every time.
>>
can't believe i have to say this but just pour it into your ass dude

unless you're a >homophobia
>>
Not cooking but what you can do is start the evening with something you like then once you're lubricated switch to the shit. You'll get rid of it and save what you consider to be good for later when you're sober to enjoy it again.
>>
>>7149744
You're right! I've been experimenting with doing sous vide with wine instead of water. People keep telling me I'm wasting money on the wine but I swear I can taste the difference. Thanks for backing me up.

Let's seal the juices in of meat by searing it, bro!
>>
>>7149765
>People keep telling me I'm wasting money on the wine but I swear I can taste the difference.

As you should. There are plenty of well known classic French recipes that involve cooking meat, poultry, and fish in wine. It's commonly used as a poaching liquid. What you're doing is not very different from that.
>>
>>7149775
Yep I'm sure the wine is getting through the waterproof plastic.
>>
>>7149279
Paul Mercurio: Cooking with Beer
Beeramisu best Tiramisu
>>
>>7149787
Paul taught me how to brew beer.
>>
>>7149778

The wine goes inside the sous vide bag.
>>
>>7149796
Did he write a book about brewing? Could you give me the name if so?
>>
>>7149682
>advertisements
>asking for donations to 'keep it free'
>'this is not an ad' advertisement

You're one of those pseudo-sceptics, right? You're not actually sceptical, because things that set off alarms for the lay person seem perfectly acceptable to you, but what you do is you find polemics and just parrot their opinions.

Lemme guess: You've got every season of Penn and Teller's Bullshit on DVD, and your favourite writer is Christopher Hitchens?
>>
>>7149765
You are such a massive faggot.
>>
>>7149812
No, he was was on the instructional video that comes with the Coopers kit.

https://youtu.be/NWRlzl_bv84

He does post on a website called aussiehomebrewer his user name is mercs own.
>>
>>7149833
Thanks for the info!
>>
>>7149815
Yeah and I carry a copy of The God Delusion around with me, inside my trenchcoat under my fedora, gripped tightly with my fingerless gloves.

I'm sorry that you love beer can chicken so much that any critique is an attack on your person. Go ahead and enjoy it, but just know that it doesn't do anything a vertical roast stand doesn't do too.

The Amazing Ribs guy isn't some radical living in a cave somewhere, he's a fucking food scientist that actually knows what he's doing, Instead of shoving a beer can into a chicken cuz his bro showed him at a 4th of July once.

As I said, you keep doing what you're doing, it doesn't affect me, I was just trying to educate. Sorry that taking the wool off your mouth and taking the red pill burst your sheeple mind.
>>
>>7150967
>just know that it doesn't do anything a vertical roast stand doesn't do too.

Where in the thread did anyone ever claim otherwise?
>>
>>7150972
The same thread about using beer in cooking. Not a beer can as a ghetto roast stand.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.