[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /ck/ how do you make your iced tea? Here's how I make
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5
File: sweet-tea2.jpg (75 KB, 334x500) Image search: [Google]
sweet-tea2.jpg
75 KB, 334x500
Hey /ck/ how do you make your iced tea? Here's how I make mine, any tips on how to improve
>>
https://youtu.be/MwWsU8vUxlU
Here's the link
>>
I boil a gallon of water, dump it in a pitcher, add tea bags and let them steep for 5-10 minutes then remove them.
>>
>>7147943
No sugar? And why steep for so little?
>>
add ice to tea
wala
>>
>>7147977
Genius
>>
>>7147923
>go to Mickey Dickey's
>"Hi, what can I get for you?"
>I'll have a large unsweetened iced tea, light ice, and that'll be all
>"That'll be $1.62 at the first window"
Vwa la
>>
>>7147987
1$ no change where I live, but it tastes like pure diabetes
>>
>>7147974
I don't like sweet tea. 5-10 minutes is plenty if you use enough tea bags. If you steep for too long it starts to get too bitter.
>>
>>7147998
$1 even? Sheeit, even when they had "dollar drinks", they were $1.09 after tax. Where is this paradise?
>>
>>7148026
Florida my friend
>>
>>7148004
So is your tea more sweet or bitter?!?!?!?!
>>
>>7147923

>1 liter of water boiled
>Three tea bags steeped for 5 minutes. Don't want the tea to be too dark.
>Poured into a pot
>1/3 cup of sugar
>three tablespoons of lemon juice
>1 1/2 cups of blackberries mashed and placed into the pot.
Leave on an element for thirty minutes
>filter out the berry mash and put into a mixing bowl in the fridge until cool
>Once cooled bottle it and let it sit for a couple hours in the fridge.
>Once the drink and glass bottles are cooled I like to then put it in the freeze for 30-60 minutes for a nice icy drink.
>>
>>7149404
Tea ain't supposed to be bitter
>>
>>7147923

Cold water from tap into a glass, insert tea leaves in one of those tea leaf holder thingies, some cut fruit if I feel like it

steep overnight in the fridge

drink in the morning
>>
>1 liter of boiling water
>3 teabags
>1/2 Vanilla pod split down the middle
>1/4 cup of sugar
>Stir Stir Stir
>Strain Strain Strain
>Ice (lots)
>Fill glass 2/3 with tea
>Top off with sweetened condensed milk
>Stir
Delicious
>>
>>7147923
10% Sugar by weight or more?
>>
Cold brew for at least 8 hours with 5 teabags in a 2 liter pitcher. No sugar.
>>
>>7149404
It's not sweet, nor is it particularly bitter. It just tastes like properly brewed iced tea.
>>
1 gallon water
2 cups white sugar
1 cup dark brown sugar
15 Lipton tea bags

Bring a gallon of water and the sugar to a boil.
Take off the heat and add tea bags, weighing them down if needed.
Steep for 5 min.
Remove tea bags and pour into a large container.
Let settle for 15 min.
Pour tea into a pitcher (or back into the jug the water came in), being careful not to pour in the dregs from the bottom.

There you have it; tea that is not too sweet and not bitter.
>>
>>7147974

>why steep for so little

actual tea you never steep longer than two or three minutes..
>>
File: 1418900468893s.jpg (2 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1418900468893s.jpg
2 KB, 125x125
>>7147926

>adding the tea to the cold water
>letting it steep for 30 minutes
>sugar instead of honey

there's only three fucking things one can do wrong and this guy gets them all. amazing.
>>
>>7149591
>>7147923
>>7147926
>>7147974

is this a bait thread? please tell me it is
>>
File: 1437439625095.jpg (48 KB, 500x371) Image search: [Google]
1437439625095.jpg
48 KB, 500x371
>>7149911

By far the worst thing I've read in my entire life. Knowing that people like you post on this cooking board makes me fucking sick.
>>
>>7149962
What are you talking about? Everyone who has tried it loves my tea. I'm from the south, we take our sweet tea seriously.
>>
>>7149958

do post your superior recipe then
>>
>>7149967

I like my iced tea sweet, too.

Lipton just happens to be the cheapest, most disgusting shit I've ever had to drink in my entire fucking life.

When travelling through eastern Europe fucking lipton was all they had. I honestly don't even mind packaged tea, not everyone has high quality loose-leaf in their homes, it's not a problem.

But lipton? That shit tastes like complete ass. Worse, it tastes like a dog that eats his own shit, then pukes it out, then eats it again and then shits it out. (I have observed this once, though I did not try it)

Also fifteen fucking bags? I still refuse to believe that shit is not a troll post. Five would've been enough. Ten if you've already killed your tastebuds, whatever.

You realize you can also just let it steep for a little longer without wasting ten teabags, right?

>>7149971

Sure.

Bring water to required temp:

100 degrees celsius for tea that has dried fruit or herbs in it
90 degrees celsius for black tea or strong greens
80 degrees celsius for delicate green tea like prime sencha

Pour boiling water over loose leaf tea

Let it steep

three to five minutes for anything with herbs, dried fruit, ginger, lemongrass etc.

three minutes for black tea

two minutes or 150 seconds for green tea

add honey, unless I'm making iced green tea, then nothing

let it cool down

add lemon or lime (optional)

add ice cubes

for black tea or chai: add milk ice cubes (just put fucking milk in your ice cube tray, man..)

done

my fav. is probably rooibos with ginger and lemongrass, a little bit of honey. any kind of dried fruit, preferably pieces of dried peach or apple.
>>
>>7150028

I almost forgot: If you're new to tea/making your own iced tea, try this:

http://www.seriouseats.com/2015/06/how-to-make-the-best-cold-brew-iced-tea.html
>>
>>7150028
>But lipton? That shit tastes like complete ass.
That's just like, your opinion man.

>Also fifteen fucking bags?
Yes. I use so many because I want a strong flavor without the bitterness.

>You realize you can also just let it steep for a little longer without wasting ten teabags, right?
You realize that the longer you soak tea the more bitter it gets, right?
>>
>>7150067

>That's just like, your opinion man.

pffft. nothing is "objective". you could also tell me "well I've tried eating my own shit, it's not bad at all", but I'd still call you a retard. Lipton is disgusting, period.

>Yes. I use so many because I want a strong flavor without the bitterness.

"strong flavor"

>You realize that the longer you soak tea the more bitter it gets, right?

completely depends. this is only the case when using actual tea (green tea, black tea, anything made from the tea plant). if you're using herbal tea, rooibos, fruit tea, anything like that, it won't get bitter

fifteen fucking teabags, for real? do yourself a favour and order a good tea just once in your life.

http://www.topqualitea.bio/
http://www.seriouseats.com/2015/02/best-tea-where-to-buy.html
http://www.tshopny.com/
>>
File: bob7.jpg (7 KB, 194x260) Image search: [Google]
bob7.jpg
7 KB, 194x260
>>7147923

add beans
>>
>>7150097
>pffft. nothing is "objective"
0/10
Troll harder
>>
>can never make good ice tea
>either always way too sweet or not sweet enough
>can never find proper balance
>>
>>7150112

language is just a set of sign and signifiers. all logic just boils down to axioms. all experience is entirely subjective and therefore all rules derived from experience are as well.

read hume, read popper, read levi-strauss.
>>
>>7150063
This shit is legit. I cold brew my tea too. The wait might be off-putting at first, but it tastes better than preparing it the normal way. I do mine in a 1.5L bottle with 2 tied up teabags and stow it away in the fridge for a day. Never looked back after downing loads of mint tea during summer this way.
>>
My dad used to put the tea in the sun for hours while it steeped. He called it sun tea. What's the point of this?

Anyway,I boil some water. I take some earl grey, and a few lemons and put it in the boiling water. Dump in sugar. Wait. Add more water and ice.
>>
>>7150251
He brewed tea using the heat of the sun. It's a risky method due to the potential bacteria growth.
>>
put 6-8 regular size tea bags in 6 cups water in a microwave safe container (i.e. 8 cup Pyrex)
cook for 5 minutes in the microwave
mix in 1 cup sugar
put 6 cups ice in an 8 cup container
slowly pour sugar water into the ice container
comes out nearly perfectly to 8 cups (depends on shape/size/airiness of your ice)
>>
>>7147923
>1 part gin
>1 part tequila
>1 part white rum
>1 part vodka
>1 part triple sec
>1 to 2 parts lemon according to taste
>shake vigorously with ice
>pour in glass with some crushed ice
>add a splash of cola

long island best iced tea
>>
>>7152979
i was about to post this. its so simple and gets you so fucked, i love it.
>>
>>7149415
What the fuck is an element.
Did you perhaps mean radiator?
>>
>>7150028
What a sad angry little man you sound like
>>
>>7147923

I buy it from the store, faggot.
>>
>>7147926
good brand choice. but you remove the tea and add the sugar with the stove still on. you want that water hot as fuck to dissolve the sugar. try stirring back and forth like a nip to dissolve it fully. then pour it over ice or refrigerate it.don't fucking dilute it with water.
>>7149950
i use honey for hot tea but in sweet tea it makes it murky and 'off" tasting for some reason.
>>
File: andrew-zimmern.jpg (29 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
andrew-zimmern.jpg
29 KB, 300x300
>>7150028
>a dog that eats his own shit, then pukes it out, then eats it again and then shits it out. (I have observed this once, though I did not try it)
>though I did not try it

why not, anon? what is the chance you will ever see such a thing again?
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.