[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, /ck/. I wanna make some spaghetti, but I don't have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: national-spaghetti-day[1].jpg (73 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
national-spaghetti-day[1].jpg
73 KB, 600x399
Hey, /ck/. I wanna make some spaghetti, but I don't have any sauce, or tomatoes, or meat. I do have the following, though-
>Table salt
>Black pepper
>White pepper
>Red pepper
>Garlic powder
>Dried diced onion
>Oregano
>Thyme
>Basil
>Curry powder
>Butter, of course

What the fuck can I do with these things to make my spaghetti as fulfilling as possible? Besides just dumping everything in to see what happens.
>>
butter
garlic powder
herbs
parmesan if you have any
WA LA
>>
>>7147763
Butter is your base. Then garlic. Then other shit that goes well with it. Hold off on the curry powder. Everything else put in as much or little as you want.

ezpz
>>
>>7147763
If the Thyme and Basil is fresh, sauté it for just a minute and add it to melted butter with some white pepper and salt.
>>
>>7147763
Aglio e Olio
(Cacio e pepe) not without cheese.
>>
Kind of an autistic question but why do Americans say "make" when they mean "prepare"? I'm pretty sure you aren't making the spaghetti.
>>
>>7149830

spaghetti refers to the eventual dish, not the pasta

do you even pragmatics?
>>
>>7149837
You are wrong though. Spaghetti is a type of pasta. Spaghetti dishes have their own names.
>>
>>7149830

Figures of speech often don't make sense anon. For example, we park on driveways and we drive on parkways. Does that make sense?

>>kind of an autistic question

understatement of the year.
>>
>>7149843

not in america fella
>>
>>7150221
In that case you have no use for the words 'bolognese' and 'carbonara', and no way of distinguishing between different pasta shapes as "spaghetti" describes the dish and not the type of pasta.
>>
>>7150259
Bolognese and carbonara are sauces, not pasta.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.