[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /ck/, as you probably know right now the meat industry is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: 1389050435147.jpg (649 KB, 1200x1467) Image search: [Google]
1389050435147.jpg
649 KB, 1200x1467
So /ck/, as you probably know right now the meat industry is killing the environment and responsible for a huge chunk of the CO2 emissions. Considering this, I'm trying to lower my meat consumption by only eating meat on a few days in the week. Problem is, my knowledge of veggie dishes is not that big.
How about a nice recipe thread to help eachother out /ck/?
>>
>>7147651
My favourite vegetarian dish, especially around this time of year, is a root veg crumble.

Thinly slice some veg such as onions, parsnips, turnips, carrots and put it in a roasting dish. Make a cheese sauce with lots of garlic and herbs and pour it over the veg. Add a layer of cheese and breadcrumbs. Cover with tin foil and bake until the veg is soft, and then take the foil off to brown the top.

I found if you make a cheese sauce using cream, then boil the vegetables first because the cream sauce doesnt do well being baked for such a long time.
>>
File: pancettacreamsauce.jpg (38 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
pancettacreamsauce.jpg
38 KB, 500x333
Far from a veggie, but rigatoni with napoli sauce is breddy good
>>
File: church-of-climatology.jpg (87 KB, 665x429) Image search: [Google]
church-of-climatology.jpg
87 KB, 665x429
>>7147651

>veganism
>environmentalism
>being part of any "ism" in 2015
>>
>>7147651
Depends on what foods you like. Curry, eastern asian dishes tend to be veg. Falafel...

Look and you will find.
>>
>go to pinterest
>type in either vegetarian or vegan
>Sometimes added healthy before, or added "mac and cheese" or other specifics

Literally all I did when I switched over.

Bored housewives post shit all day, you'll find a lot on there. Even I use it to to save a recipe I find on the Internet too.
>>
We are too horrible a thing to try and save. If anything you should eat more meat.
>>
>>7147651
Fucc Vegans I Hope Tha World Ends In 2016
>>
>>7148453
Viper's latest mixtape?
>>
>>7147755
Are you literally retarded?
Downs kids can learn to post.
>>
>>7147651
Just eat meat you fucking imbecile pussy faggot.
>>
>>7147651
They're going to do it whether or not you individually choose to because the vast majority eats meat. The only true use for what you're asking is regulating a healthy diet. Not that you shouldn't balance your diet out, just saying not to wear your heart on your sleeve 'cause you wouldn't wear your food on your sleeve either.
>>
>>7148610
They are still eating meat
Read post fully
>>
>>7147651

>Be OP
>Think I'm being proactive at environmentalism
>Think lowering my meat intake will ever help
>Even if I don't buy 1 cut of meat, they till kill a cow for the dozens of other cuts
>I may never realize this because I'm a complete faggot
>The End
>>
>>7148559
underrated post
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.