[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Seasoning a pan
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: fryingpan.jpg (103 KB, 1435x584) Image search: [Google]
fryingpan.jpg
103 KB, 1435x584
Just bought pic related and was looking for some advice on how to season it. What seasonings would be best? I was thinking coriander, thyme and cumin to begin with. The problem is what if I'm using the pan in a recipe that doesn't call for these seasonings? Once the seasonings are baked in, there's nothing I can do about it, correct?
>>
>>7147217
You season a pan with oil, not actual spices
>>
>>7147217
Bravo OP. You've hit peak autism
>>
>>7147217
You've got a Teflon pan there so it'll be a little tougher to season it. I would start with a very course salt, rock salt works best here. Scrub the surface of the pan HARD with the salt. This will help break down the surface so other seasonings will stick better. From there I would use a mix of whole allspice and cloves, black pepper is also a must. Just dump the spices of your choice into the pan and scrub away like you did with the salt. If you notice any scratches in your pans surface this is what you want. Think of them as flavor lines. Season as much or as little as you want. The salt scrub is the most important part here after that and a small initial spice rub it will season automatically as you cook more.

Good luck

t. A fancy chef
>>
>>7147217
oh OP, you poor naive soul
>>
>>7147217
Is this a joke? You don't season Teflon. Just cook in it.
>>
>>7147255
this desu
>>
>>7147255
And after all this, go to the hospital because you will most likely get cancer from eating food cooked in said pan.
>>
>>7147255
At least there's one person in this thread giving solid advice.
>>
>>7147255
>flavor lines
>>
>>7147255
>not painstakingly rubbing the pan with garlic to infuse the flavor lines with deliciousness
>>
>>7147217
You have to activate the teflon before you try adding seasoning to it. My method is to heat a cup of olive oil (adds a nice olive flavour) over high heat until just before smoking then quickly add a cup of cold distilled water. This reacts to create a base on which you can add further seasoning.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2014-12-12-09h09m19s145.png (262 KB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2014-12-12-09h09m19s145.png
262 KB, 576x432
>>7147255
>Flavor lines
>>
>>7147277
Eating bits of the teflon coating is actually fairly safe. Not recommended but it has to be heated to a certain temperature to become harmful.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.