[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /ck/, how can I pimp my grilled cheese sandwich?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 6
Hey /ck/, how can I pimp my grilled cheese sandwich?
>>
Slap it around, put it on a street corner and tell it that it better have your money.
>>
I'd start by posting whatever shitty grilled cheese you're already making, instead of some google image you've decided to call, "perfect".

Chances are you don't know how to make a basic grilled cheese, so start with that.
>>
>>7146684
>grilled cheese
>isn't actually grilled
>doesn't actually contain cheese
Strange world isn't it?
>>
>>7146676
jalapenos
>>
>>7146676
Shred your cheese and toss it with a pinch of cornstarch, it will help to ensure the cheese doesn't seperate. Also, add some brie to it (ditch the rind first)
>>
Add Dijon mustard to it.

Also I've seen recipes calling for mayonnaise instead of butter...this is just a gross meme right?
>>
This is my personal favorite grilled cheese recipe. I recommend giving it a try.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yq7_s8Y6uG8
>>
>>7146694

A grilled cheese usually contains 2-3 types of cheese between two slices of good, buttered bread, browned on a grill pan.

>anon thought he grew up when he gave up microwaving american singles on wonder bread and is now criticizing anyone else for thinking his shitty childhood reflects everyone else's
>>
>>7146676
>>7146702

plus a dash of Worcestershire sauce
>>
Inside-out grilled cheese
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlTCkNkfmRY
>>
Sprinkle some dried basil on the cheese
>>
File: 1430579985587.gif (732 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1430579985587.gif
732 KB, 400x400
>>7146676
How I make em when I'm feeling fancy (in order from bottom to top):
>1. bread
>2. shredded cheddar
>3. Diced jalapeños
>4. teaspoon of hot sauce
>5. shredded Monterey jack
>6. black pepper
>7. slice of ham
>8. shredded Monterey Jack
>9. shredded cheddar
>10. slice of ham
>11. repeat 2-6
>12. light sprinkle of parmesan
>13. bread

cook on both sides until the cheese is visibly melted and the bread is browned
>>
>>7146676
Add ham.
>>
>>7146711
Used to work at Five Guys. We used mayonnaise instead of butter the grilled cheese. Shit was pretty damn good.
>>
sliced apple
>>
>>7146711
I use mayo instead of butter and it's delicious gives a better flavor imo and gives the bread a better texture you just can't use too much.

Cheese wise I usually use half jalapeño cheddar and half fontina maybe a little heavier on the cheddar

Damn good combo
>>
>>7147152
>>7146934
>>7146711

if you use mayo you are just using palm or soybean or canola oil or whatever with some egg protein and seasonings like mustard and vinegar along with salt and pepper. you don't need the egg protein to brown the bread and anyway the milk protein in butter browns brilliantly. good butter also has a great flavour and acidity and you can season it. i can't see what mayo could possibly add, but i'm not against the idea i just think jarred mayo is pretty shitty in general, why you'd wanna use it as a fucking cooking fat is beyond me.
>>
>>7146676
>22" kitchen themed spinners (utensils as the spokes)
>TVs on all the headrests (even the backseats for the haters)
>Satellite internet to watch good eats
>8000 watt stereo to blast good eats theme song
>Custom mounted George Foreman grill in trunk for grilled cheeses on the go
>popcorn maker wired into the remote start system
>chocolate fondue fountain in the back seat (for the hoes)
>raw ground beef vinyl wrap on the outside (tfw meatwadmobile)
>>
>>7147161
Don't knock it till you try it I suppose, I don't spend the money for nice butter so for what I use mayo gives better flavor. But flavor is subjective so use whatever. Just don't look down on mayo if you've never tried it
>>
>>7146676
Mustard. Real mustard, not French's shit.
>>
Garlic salt.
>>
>>7146676
Use Raclette cheese and pickles
>>
Use better bread than wonder bread.

Add garlic salt or ground garlic to the butter.

Or, fuck it, add shit other than cheese and make it a hot sammitch.
>>
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 399x330) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 399x330
>>7146676
Slice of fresh tomato
>>
Can anyone recommend an easy way to make a panini without a sandwich press? I don't make them enough to warrant buying a machine, but would putting it in a pan with a pot and some weight on top be good enough?
>>
>>7147235
Heat up a pan (boil water or something) and press with that
>>
>>7147235

I use two cast iron pans that fit inside of one another.

I heat up both first, and the weight is enough on its own.
>>
>>7147235
No.
Put it in the oven with a hot cast iron pan on top.
>>
SPAM
>>
>>7147243
Yeah that seems pretty simply, I'll just do that.

Thanks
>>
>>7146720

Lol

>"have fun with your spatulas!"
>>
>>7146711
>Add Dijon mustard
this. also black pepper.
>>
shredded cheese on the outsides while grilling, so it gets a nice crispy layer on the outside of the bread
>>
File: wtf.jpg (101 KB, 1024x904) Image search: [Google]
wtf.jpg
101 KB, 1024x904
>'Pimp' my grilled cheese sandwich

errr don't say this
My dad used to say ''I am going to pimp your frozen pizza' then he would slap the pizza, then my mother, then he would say 'I punish ho's and Howaiian Pizza!'. He broke my mothers jaw doing this and got arrested. It isn't a funny joke to make
>>
>>7147435
Your mom got rekt like the weak ass low test ho she is nigga
>>
File: grilled-cheese.jpg (124 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
grilled-cheese.jpg
124 KB, 500x334
>get grilled cheese from restaurant
>just two slices of bread and cheese
>tastes delicious

>try and make a grilled cheese at home
>two slices of bread and cheese
>never tastes as good as the restaurant

WHY
WHY WHY
WHY
>>
>>7147965
They probably use better cheese and a shitload of butter to grill it.
>>
>>7147978

I use to work in a restaurant though.

They don't.
>>
>>7147965

fuck-tons of butter
>>
>>7147965
they use margarine lol
>>
>>7146721
Kraft singles are perfect for a simple grilled cheese in a pan, anon. Having that with a simple tomato soup with cracked black pepper is awesome meal.
>>
>add butter
>use gouda
>add some 'roni
>add some 'za sauce

there, perfect grilled 'za cheese
>>
>>7146676
Add a tomato
The happy waitress special
>>
>>7148010
That's still one of my favorite comfort meals. Dipping the grilled cheese sandwich in the tomato soup is delicious.
>>
>>7148030

When I worked at a restaurant the "happy waitress special" was finishing on her face in the walk-in.
>>
I mix the shredded cheese with a tablespoon of good mustard (no yellow shit), half a tablespoon of mayo and some black pepper

I prefer to take it as two separate pieces of cheese on toast rather than a sandwhich, that way it lasts longer, you get a better cheese:bread ratio in each bite and the cheese is exposed to the grill directly so it browns on top
>>
>>7147165
underrated post
>>
>>7146676
Here's my personal recipe
>Brie
>Sharp cheddar
>sourdough bread
>purée made of red pepper, Peruvian peppers and roasted garlic
>>
>>7146683
7/10
>>
>>7146676

Add black truffles & caviar, then season with a liberal amount of Spanish saffron.
>>
>>7148238
You forgot the edible gold leaf.
>>
I add pesto sometimes to mix it up
>>
granny smith apple is actually kinda good in it

put it in right before you flip it so it's still crispy and tart
>>
>>7148020
'za cheese without any 'cha? what a fucking disgrace
>>
>>7147161
The idea isn't that the mayo provides a good flavor, but it is very spreadable and has a higher smoke point than regular butter, making it so that the cheese is REALLY melted.

If you have something like a butterbell in your house, it'd be better to just use that. But most people don't have butterbells, so in this case, mayo would be a good substitute.
>>
>>7148045
>lel people who work in restaurants are soooo cuhrayzee messed up lmao xDDDDD
Why do all of you children do this.
>>
>>7147981

>all restaurants are the same
>>
>>7148515

>has a higher smoke point than regular butter

it won't though because it contains proteins.
>>
>>7146676
1. Get two slices of white bread
2. Place one slice of American petrochemical cheese flavor product on a piece of bread.
3. Place one slice of sharp white cheddar on opposite piece of bread.
4. Place shredded gruyere cheese on top of petrochemical cheese flavor product.
5. Place chopped bacon on top of gruyere cheese.
6. Place opposite piece of bread on top of chopped bacon, cheese-side down.
7. lightly brush butter or mayonnaise onto exterior sides of slices.
8. Sprinkle more gruyere cheese if desired onto exterior sides of slices.
9. Use a nonstick panini press or skillet to heat until cheeses are melted and bread is golden-brown.
10. Enjoy what would cost you five dollars at Panera Bread.
>>
>>7149229
you forgot caramelized shallots with time ya dingus.
>>
>>7146676
put chili con carne in there
>>
>>7148572
>dude who walks in 5 minutes before closing detected
>>
>>7149231
You spelled thyme "time" and you're calling others dingus? Let me guess you're also from a fly-over?
>>
>>7147161
I mix mayo mixed with garlic chili paste and paint it onto the bread.
>>
>>7149482
christ stop it with the flyover meme you commiefornia faggot
>>
when you put butter in the pan put in a little bit of chili powder.
>>
>>7148513
sorry dude, 'cha just ins't for grilling
>>
>>7149463
this, chilli is fucking godlike in a grilled cheese
>>
>>7146676
Add three mozzarella sticks + Mac and Cheese.
>>
>>7146676
Basil leaf, Tomato slice/s, and ham/bacon. Why the fuck are you even eating a plain grilled cheese sandwich?
>>
>>7146760
Doing God's work, Anon.
>>
>>7151881
I've never been a fan of grilled cheese with meat. It never seems to be the perfect temperature and detracts from the grilled cheese + tomato soup combo (if you eat a grilled cheese by itself you must suffer from low self-esteem)
>>
>>7152014
I cook bacon and a fried egg, then in a different pn I drop some butter and put one side of bread on with cheese, then top it with the egg and bacon, then take everything off, drop more butter(because fatass) and drop the other side of bread, then turn off the stove and let the sandwich sit on the pan for a bit so it crisps up
>>
>>7146676
Jack off. Spread semen on each slice of sour dough bread: It will crisp up unbelievably when you fry it. (Trust me, you'll be amazd) Also, use creamy havarti cheese.
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.