[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HOW THE FUCK DO YOU EAT COTTAGE CHESSE, LIKE WTF IS ALL WATERY
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 2
HOW THE FUCK DO YOU EAT COTTAGE CHESSE, LIKE WTF IS ALL WATERY AND SHIT!!!
HOW TO MAKE IT TASTY???
>>
Just put it on a bagel
>>
>>7146148
put a vinaigrette on it
>>
Have it with lasagna or pasta with tomato sauce and cheese.
>>
eat it with fruit. put it in tomato soup. or put ketchup on it and mix.

old people do the first, i have done the second and third before. not bad actually.
>>
>>7146148

Mix with a little sour cream, add 1-2 cloves of garlic, salt and pepper, chopped dill or scallions. Put it on dark rye bread with tomatoes or radishes, maybe some cucumber. There's a shit ton of stuff you can do with it, it's also perfect for breakfast.
>>
I spread it on some cheap cuts of steak yesterday. Bretty gud.
>>
>>7146148
Lots of salt and pepper. Maybe some hot sauce.

Still not very good.
>>
File: 1363684155032.jpg (72 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
1363684155032.jpg
72 KB, 240x240
>>7146296

Cheese and fruit? That sounds fucking disgusting. Do you ever see someone putting strawberry jam on the table with cheese and crackers?
>>
>>7146148
>HOW THE FUCK DO YOU EAT COTTAGE CHESSE, LIKE WTF IS ALL WATERY AND SHIT!!!
Tip the container and let the whey pour out. It's kind of like the packing liquid in yogurt or feta cheese. It's settled and separated out, so toss it. Or you could stir it back in.
>HOW TO MAKE IT TASTY???
Fruit is popular, sweeter the better. So canned peaches, strawberries and fruit salad kind of fruit combinations. Open up a can of Dole tropical mix for something different. It can be stirred into setting jello molds, along with fruit.

I prefer it savory. I might sprinkle on some salt blend like Tony Cachere's, Jane's Krazy Mixed up Salt (which has a lot of celery seed), or even Mrs. Dash, which has those bits of dried tomato, dried peppers and great pepper flavor. Just sea salt is good.

Cottage cheese is good blended, whirl it up in the blender with some green onion, and pour over a baked potato, or use a veggie dip.
>>
>>7146356
>Tip the container and let the whey pour out.
say goodbye to your gainz son.
>>
>>7146355
can't really tell if bait, but it's good. i like it with pineapple or peaches
>>
I eat it with potato chips like dip

Best is chili cheese Fritos scoops
>>
I like it mixed with diced ham and shredded cheddar on a salad bar salad.
>>
I just add some salt and pepper. Other people add fruit. Stop being a pussy. Do you want to be a big guy or what?
>>
>>7146717
I knew a guy who'd eat them with spicy cheetos. Did a spicy frito ever exist? Because I'm pretty sure he also would use those.

I personally can't do the stuff but this thread has me wondering. I have family that eats fruit with it. It's mainly the texture that kills it for me, how would I fix that?
>>
Sometimes I mix it with a little bit of sugar when I feel like having a sweet. Add some fruit too.
>>
>>7147729
Why do you have to?
>>
>>7147570
>big guy
>eating cheese that's already been chewed

Pick one
>>
>>7147811
I'm a glutton for punishment. To be honest I like to give most foods a fair chance. So I'm willing to give cottage cheese a chance. Just like I did with German licorice. Still trying to work up the courage to try salty licorice now that I love the real deal.
>>
>>7146148

Don't.

Don't eat cottage cheese. This is a product designed for the lowest animal of the human order.

Simply eat a portion of actual cheese, hard or soft, it doesn't matter.

Later on, have some yogurt.
>>
>>7146148
You must have bought skim or low fat cottage cheese, if it's watery. Buy WHOLE milk, LARGE curd cottage cheese. It's the tits.
>>
If you add jam it tastes exactly like cheesecake.
>>
>>7147821
You're an idiot.
>>
>>7147839
I'm not the pig defending his slop.
>>
Just don't eat it.

It tastes and looks like a yeast infection.
>>
>>7146148
Mix fruit in it you muppet.
>>
>>7146355
You have to be 18 or older to browse this website Anon.
>>
>>7146148
cottage cheese is expensive as fuck. i never understood why anyone ate this shit.
>>
>>7146148
stir it up so the liquid is incorporated and drizzle some honey and maybe some fresh basil or fruit on it.
>>
Make sure you get LARGE CURD
>>
>>7148017
it's cheap where I live and has dem broteins , but ho lee shit how I hate its texture.
>>
try different brands. Cottage cheese brands very greatly in taste. Some are very bland and some more tangy.

Cottage cheese is awesome if you are trying to lose weight or gain weight.
>>
broil, bake, grill

reduce in a pan

take your pick
>>
Eat it in a baked potato or with pasta with pesto.
>>
I like getting a bag of chips or celery or something and using the cottage cheese as a substitute for sour cream. It's super fucking good.

Sweet maui onion chips + cottage cheese is one of my favorite snacks ever.
>>
>>7148486
>grilled cottage cheese

What?
>>
when I was a kid I mixed it with applesauce and it was pretty good
>>
>>7146148
this threa dis full of fuck with weird ass suggestions to eat it with chips....

mix in yogurt and granola. top teir breakfast.
>>
>>7146148
You don't eat cottage cheese. It's old meme from the 70's when "diet" meant you tried to avoid carbs. There is no reason to eat it in the 21st Century.
>>
>>7147433
I like this too. It's even kind of fine without the ham.

It's kind of a fatguy salad, but once in a blue moon I'll make a huge salad with greens, cucumber, pinto beans, cottage cheese, shredded cheddar, bacon bits, and ranch. I discovered I liked this at a salad bar.

It's unhealthy as fuck, but tasty.
>>
>>7146148
On toast with salt, pepper, tomato and onion.
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 334x322) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 334x322
Best cottage cheese on the planet
Not the fat free one, though. I could finish multiple large containers in one sitting. I eat it plain, because it can't be improved. It's perfect.
>>
>>7146148
Just shovel it down you and try not to think about how it tastes. Or more accurately how little it tastes of anything.

Continue to shovel it down staring blankly into the open fridge as you ponder why you're so adamant to stick to this diet that this is how you've ended up.

Remember the times you missed out on banging the hot chick in highschool and how this better, healthier body will give you the confidence back that you lost from those terrible teenage days.

Ignore the crushing reality of your work situation and mounting debt as it slowly slides down your throat chilling as it goes like the chills down your spine at the thought of the rent that's due

Let the taste of depression linger on your tongue as you contemplate calling her to get her back. Accept that she probably has a new boyfriend already. Push the image of her from your mind and let your tears season the next spoonful
>>
>>7148486
Wouldn't you just end up with milk if reduced?
>>
Ketchup
>>
>>7150338
>took this long for someone to get it right
My man. Cottage cheese tastes great on its own
>>
>>7146355
I hope you die today
>>
>>7146148
cottage cheese is actually pretty tasty just mix the water back into the cheese and eat it.
>>
>>7147816
>6 servings per tub
>13 grams of based casein protein
>about 130 calories per serving
Cottage cheese is one of the best gains foods. I go through a tub about every 2 days
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.