[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cereal Killer Cafe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 2
File: T-2S-1uV.jpg (42 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
T-2S-1uV.jpg
42 KB, 400x400
Thoughts/opinions?
>>
>>7146045
>Thoughts
jet fuel absolutely can melt steel beams
>>
i went there the other day actually.

it is alright if you can tolerate the kind of people that go there regularly. i like cereal.
>>
Honestly good for them. They got people to pay over $5 for bowls of cereal. If you can do that you deserve any profit you make.
>>
>>7146048
Get out of here, heeb
>>
>>7146045

Less of a mark-up than you pay on a cup of tea from the car round the corner. Fuck lefties and their hatred of anyone who tries to do something with their lives.
>>
>>7146045
Went there once. Had a coffee.
The guys running the place were friendly.
I didn't bother with the cereal.
>>
>>7146227

Also, fuck autocorrect. That should read 'caf', not 'car'.
>>
>>7146227
>Fuck lefties and their hatred of anyone who tries to do something with their lives.
Fuck righties and their urge to reduce every discussion to mindless simplicity.
The owners recently said they were victims of hate crime because their shop was vandalized.
They're hipster douchebags willfully oblivious to any social implications of opening a trendy eatery in one of the poorest places in London, and not actually employing any of those local poor.
>>
>>7146248
>not actually employing any of those local poor.
How many employees does it take to open a pack of cereal, tip it into a bowl and add some milk? Doesn't seem like a particularly labour-intensive business model.
>>
>>7146251
If they had half a clue, they could hire a few locals to clean, to hand out flyers, etc.

It's just good PR for a business that relies on public attention, even if owners are too self-absorbed to think about gentrification and their image to their new neighbors.
Have you seen a video of the two twats? They couldn't look more like entitled dumb hipsters if they tried.
>>
>>7146248

Fuck the poor. They have no right to that area. When half the borough is paying an absolute fucking fortune to live there, and the other half are living off of the taxpayer, it's the leeches who need to shape up. Charity doesn't improve lives, it's capitalism that does that. If the 'locals' (most of whom have only lived in the area for a few years) can't take advantage of the fantastic business opportunities on their doorstep, then they should fuck off and let people with some gumption take their place.
>>
>>7146261
0/10 Too stereotypical teenage republican douchebag to be believable. Try again, troll.
>>
Is this that hipster cereal place? I feel about it what I feel for let's plays, it's not for me but I respect a good hustle
>>
>>7146259
>Have you seen a video of the two twats? They couldn't look more like entitled dumb hipsters if they tried.
Yes and I wholeheartedly agree. I'm just not sure they can afford to shell out about £25k a year in what would amount to a public relations exercise; they seem to be able to get the BBC to do all their marketing for free.
>>
>>7146266
> I'm just not sure they can afford to shell out about £25k a year in what would amount to a public relations exercise
You don't have to pay someone "£25k a year" to hand out flyers occasionally.

>they seem to be able to get the BBC to do all their marketing for free.
Did you watch the same BBC piece I did? Or did you just not watch it to the end?
>>
>>7146259
>fuck those entitled hipsters!
>I deserve $20/h flipping burgers!
>>
>>7146263

>republican

We're talking about London here. When I know plenty of couples with Oxbridge degrees and well-paid careers who are being forced to the outskirts of town and an hour long commute because they can't afford a place big enough to have kids in town, I have zero sympathy for the huge number of people being propped up by the state to live in the middle of town instead. Boroughs like Southwark or Tower Hamlets are nearly half social housing, with an average household income in that social housing of under £10000. That's three days a week on the minimum wage. Anybody actually employed is paying more than that in rent in those boroughs. Yes to higher taxes, more housebuilding, taxes on landlords (which is happening now), but no to propping up people to live in the centre of London working a couple of days a week on the minimum wage while people earning five times as much are priced out of the city.
>>
>>7146270
>fuck those entitled hipsters!
>I deserve $20/h flipping burgers!

It's fun how right-wingers pull stuff directly out of their asses as if the original text isn't there for comparison.
Do you think arguing like a child makes you look good?
>>
>>7146259
>>7146272

They're two guys from NI (a place that's actually in the economic doldrums), who come from a poor working class background. They took a risk and moved to the part of the UK that's actually growing, got a loan, and started a business. They're seizing an opportunity. What do the people who protested against them want, another handout? The guys running the cafe represent everything that's right with London, the people complaining about them represent a lot of what's wrong with the city.
>>
>>7146269
>Did you watch the same BBC piece I did?
No, I just recall reading two or three articles about it on the BBC website over the last year or so.
>You don't have to pay someone "£25k a year" to hand out flyers occasionally
Handing out flyers occasionally sure. I assumed you meant employing someone full-time to do general serving/cleaning/etc, which would work out at about £25k assuming you pay the London Living Wage (and it would be PR suicide for them not to) and actually pay your employers' NI contributions and so forth.
>>
>>7146279
>The guys running the cafe represent everything that's right with London
Being completely oblivious to their neighbors or basic PR is not "everything that's right".
And the idea that making money is inherently moral is a fucking retarded concept pushed by the greedy and selfish.

>>7146289
A few occasional jobs for a small amount of money would be all it takes. Any business owner should know to make some kind of connection with the community his business is in.
>>
>>7146297
The idea that making money is inherently immoral is a fucking retarded concept pushed by cvcks and totalitarian cock worshippers.
If those "gentrified" faggots wanted to do anything with their lives besides suck off the industrious teat of people who actually have will power and determination then they would. But they don't. They're lazy and perfectly content on being a mindless consumer watching their government branded televised propaganda. Only getting outraged on the Internet because anything else takes too much effort. FUCK off you dick whipped little bitch, why don't you start a business and give jobs to these "gentrified" fuckwads? What's that? Too much work? Thought so, pathetic cunt.
>>
>>7146308
>The idea that making money is inherently immoral is a fucking retarded concept pushed by cvcks and totalitarian cock worshippers.

Once again, you're making up stuff that wasn't said like the dishonest fucktard you are, because you can't argue real points.
>>
Funny thing is if this was a Muslim cafe everybody in England would be fucking fawning over how brave and courageous these people are for opening their own business.
BBC journalists would literally be felating the store owners on camera as gratitude for their wonderful service to the community opening a business.
>>
>>7146259
>they could hire a few locals to clean, to hand out flyers, etc
They do.
>>
>>7146297

Morality is a distraction wielded by both sides of the political spectrum. There is nothing moral about making money through exploitative means, but there is nothing moral in expecting others to fund your lifestyle either. Capitalism is the greatest force for advancement and good in human history, you owe everything you have to it. Companies can, however, act in immoral ways in their pursuit of wealth, which is where the government steps in. Step in too heavily, though, and you cause more harm than good. Government is economic management, the aim being to get the most for society through taxes and regulation while minimising the impact on the ability of business to thrive. The art of 'plucking the goose as to obtain the largest possible amount of feathers with the smallest possible amount of hissing', as the saying goes. Putting that hard-won taxation and gain towards protectionism is wasteful, and wading against the tide of human history, which has always involved movement and change. Gentrification is a force for good, and 'communities' that can't take advantage of it aren't worth saving.
>>
File: hipster-subkultur.jpg (79 KB, 500x618) Image search: [Google]
hipster-subkultur.jpg
79 KB, 500x618
>>7146325
>"locals"
>>
>>7146297
Its a business. Not a charity. They arent obliged to employ the locals, and should not have their shop attacked because they dont.

Clearly it may make sense to employ them from a business perspective, but I dont think youre arguing that?

>A few occasional jobs for a small amount of money

And no doubt youd be complaining about zero hours contracts and living wage if that was the case.
>>
>>7146248
I don't understand the claim that obviously nobody in that area can afford to pay that much for cereal. If that were true, the business would make no profit. The proof is in the pudding, so to speak. If it turns out that the business does make money then claims that it doesn't belong in the poor part of town because nobody there wants to pay high markup prices for cereal are demonstrably, probably wrong.
>>
>>7146400
>probably

Fuck autocorrect. Not probably, provably. Dare I say it - objectively.
>>
why don't the Americans do this since its their cancerous cereal thats being served?

Anyway, food and its exclusivity to class is a disgusting problem in London. That's something ive never seen anywhere else in the world (New York maybe).
>>
>>7146248
>bawwwwwwww you can't open a business in this storefront you paid for
Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>7146346
>they're not locals if they discredit my argument
>>
>>7146400
Unless their clientele primarily don't live in the neighborhood the restaurant is in...

Also like, you can make money off some richer people who live around mostly poorer people
>>
>>7146248
>willfully oblivious to any social implications of opening a trendy eatery in one of the poorest places in London

I came here to laugh at you.
>>
>>7146657
>shoreditch has never traditionally been a poor working-class neighbourhood and has always been packed to the gills with transient tasteless cunts who watched nathan barley and saw it as a template for their future behaviour instead of a cautionary tale
>>
>>7146997

cautionary tale against what

being a hipster

make an actual point instead of shitting on an easy target
>>
>>7146248
But poor people are often horseshit employees, hence them being poor.
>>
>>7147005
I can only assume you're either deeply involved in the hipster scene by working on some achingly trendy lifestyle magazine while loft-living in a converted factory paid for out of grandma's inheritance money, or that you're currently 17 and that's the lifestyle you aspire to.

Hipsters are like the antithesis of radical muslim fundamentalists, but just because one extreme is bad doesn't mean the other is automatically good. I will continue to shit on this faggot cafe, its faggot clientele and its faggot supporters while simultaneously not disputing its right to exist in a vaguely free market economy. Its existence is a symptom of a societal disease rather than a cause of it; If you shut it down it would just be replaced by somewhere selling sriracha-glazed pulled pork homunculi washed down with a sarsaparilla and coconut water float
>>
>a bowl of fucking cereal

CKIDF pls go
>>
>>7146045

If you squint your eyes, it read faggot nigger café lol
>>
>>7147098
Haha, can't wait to show the guys at hischool that one, bro.
>>
wait so let me get this straight

>two people open business
>business is successful
>people are mad that the business is successful so they vandalise it
>in Britain, the business owners are the bad guys

lmao how does this country still exist
>>
>store is originally posted like a year ago or so
>BLARGH HIPSTER FUCKS GROSS LMAO, I HOPE THEY GO OUT OF BUSINESS
>store gets protested against by people opposing gentrification
>BLARGH LIBERAL FUCKS GROSS LMAO, I HOPE THEIR BUSINESS DOES WELL
couldn't be more reactionary if you tried
>>
>>7147098
i only see GEREAL KILLER CAFE
>>
>>7148740
not sure how sucessful it is at all 2bh

They retards that attacked are against increased property prices and the corporatisation of the local area. This despite the fact that they were part of an earlier wave of gentrification are 90% middle class yuppies.

The people that own/run the cafe are odious cunts, but they don't deserve their property to be vandalised.
>>
>>7147035

oh look, a post full of purple language and no actual reasoning.

>Hipsters are like the antithesis of radical muslim fundamentalists

what in the actual fuck are you trying to say
>>
>>7147035
>If you shut it down it would just be replaced by somewhere selling sriracha-glazed pulled pork homunculi washed down with a sarsaparilla and coconut water float
You should take notes from >>7146135
if they can get people to buy it, good for them. Beyond that, I don't give half a fuck. You may have the energy to spend time shitting on horrible people but I don't.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.