[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any advice for an 18 year old that has no experience with cooking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 19661.jpg (378 KB, 1024x827) Image search: [Google]
19661.jpg
378 KB, 1024x827
Any advice for an 18 year old that has no experience with cooking and is going to college next year? I need to stop making eggs 50% of the time.

pic related, it's what i eat cause i'm lazy
>>
Watch cooking shows. Real cooking shows, not reality tv
>>
learning the heat settings on your particular stove is going to be the hardest part of cooking
>>
>Watch "easy" cooking shows (Giada at home, Jamie's 15 min meals, etc)
>Watch cooking youtube channels that aren't trash (don't watch Cooking with Ja/ck/ for example).
>Actually START to cook, the best way to learn is to do
>Broaden your horizons when it comes to tastes and flavours
>Work your way up slowly when it comes to difficulty

Honestly, the harder skills (knife technique, time/heat management) will come through practice.
>>
>>7145385
LURK MOAR
>>
File: 912ubnEOnuL._SX425_.jpg (41 KB, 425x425) Image search: [Google]
912ubnEOnuL._SX425_.jpg
41 KB, 425x425
>>7145385
Ew.
>>
>>7145385
Learn technique over recipes.
>>
>>7145435
>not posting shin black
>>
Beans and eggs and potatoes
can get you through some hard times brother
>>
Eat in the college cafeterias.
>>
how do people even have problems with basic cooking? if you have a recipe you're literally just following instructions.
>>
>>7145385
The cafeterias? You'll save more money just eating there plus it's easier.
>>
I'm not trying to sound like an ass, but how is it possible to suck at cooking? You can learn via the internet and recipes hold your hand.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.