[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Probably the dumbest question on the board right now, but I was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
Probably the dumbest question on the board right now, but I was given pasta and sauce as leftovers last saturday.

Would you still eat it 8 days later?
>>
nope
nothing lnger than 5 days, 3 if it contains meat
>>
>>7145084
its probably fine, but the noodles will be wierdly textured
>>7145101
paranoid
>>
>>7145084
Personally I probably wouldnt.

I eat a lot of food that it past its use by date. A lot of the food I actually buy is reduced because its on its use by date, and I often keep it for a few more days. However, pasta doesnt keep well. I wouldnt eat cooked pasta that is more than 4 days old. And even at 4 days old id still feel like it probably wasnt good.

If the sauce is seperate, then it depends on what kind of sauce it is as to whether id eat it.
>>
>>7145107
retarded
>>
>>7145084
if it smells good then theres a 95% chance its good
>dat 5% dough
>>
I would. Unless the sauce smells bad or is starting to mold it's all good and as long as the pasta isn't all dried out or funky smelling you'll live.
>>
>>7145122
You would eat 8 day old cooked pasta?
>>
>>7145084
OP here, its been refrigerated the whole time, smells fine, and normally i wouldn't chance it but its a bit more pasta than i want to just throw away
>>
>>7145150
eat up bro
>>
>>7145150
I wouldn't homeslice, it's not worth eating.
it's likely enough to make you sick, it's refrigerated pasta which is already garbage tier food
not worth
pasta is also like 99c a pound?? are you really that much of a jew?? if so happy hanukkah
>>
>>7145158
>>7145162
I ate a little, tastes fine, but I'm not gonna tempt fate here
>>
File: kanye.jpg (113 KB, 550x449) Image search: [Google]
kanye.jpg
113 KB, 550x449
>>7145171
ahahahahhahaha
he actually ate it fellas, mission accomplished
have fun in a few hours
>>
>>7145186
you're saying a piece of a rigatoni is enough to turn my anus inside out?
>>
>>7145171

Im guessing some form of tomato sauce here but...

If the sauce is mixed with the pasta already, the likelihood is the sauce will disguise the rotten pasta.

Pasta will spoil before the sauce. If you had some 8 day old pasta, it would probably be sticky and slimy by that point, although the odour isnt that strong like it would be for meat. But because the pasta is covered in sauce, you cant actually see that it has deteriorated.

Just use common sense though. If you really cant see any signs of deterioration, no stickiness, smells fine, tastes fine, then perhaps its ok.
>>
>>7145136
I ate 2 week old lasagna for breakfast this morning
>>
>>7145195
>Just use common sense though. If you really cant see any signs of deterioration, no stickiness, smells fine, tastes fine, then perhaps its ok.

I'm gonna err on the side of caution, tasted fine but so did the meal when i actually had food poisoning
>>
>>7145208
No matter what you've done, you dont need to punish yourself like this.
>>
File: c8f.jpg (41 KB, 600x655) Image search: [Google]
c8f.jpg
41 KB, 600x655
>>7145101
> mfw been eating refrigerated ham for a
Month
Why ma I not dead?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.