[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some good teas I should try?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 6
pic unrelated
>>
>>7145020

PG Tips.
>>
File: genmaicha.jpg (498 KB, 4608x3456) Image search: [Google]
genmaicha.jpg
498 KB, 4608x3456
Get yourself some good genmaicha.
I love it on a cold winter day.
>>
File: 1431065550370.jpg (30 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
1431065550370.jpg
30 KB, 300x250
Mussamun
>>
My favorite tea is the turkish tea.
>>
>>7145020
The Quaylong province in China makes great maowai tea. It's a variety of black tea with a peculiar and unique ageing process done in the region. Due to the elevation and humidty the tea mamufactures wrap the leaves in a dense fabric and let to sit in underground caves for 2 months with a special fermentation liquid. They then kiln dry the leaves and ship them out. Try some the next time you're at your favorite tea shop.
>>
File: sdasdasd.jpg (40 KB, 397x278) Image search: [Google]
sdasdasd.jpg
40 KB, 397x278
I like that fucking black Darjeeling
>>
File: sencha.jpg (673 KB, 1908x1876) Image search: [Google]
sencha.jpg
673 KB, 1908x1876
Find a quality sencha.
It makes for good daily drinking.
>>
>>7145020
Try this, pu'er is masterace. You can drink it with a little bit of Scotch.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Do-Promotion-Free-Shipping-50pcs-35-Kinds-Flavor-Pu-er-Tea-Pu-erh-Yunnan-Puer-tea/610504009.html
>>
File: pothead.jpg (44 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
pothead.jpg
44 KB, 640x427
>>7145020
Sencha
>Standard type of japanese green tea, grass-like flavour. YOu will either love it, or hate it. Avoid chinese fakes. They may be OK, but if you want to experience Japan, get japanese one. Watch water temperature and steeping time.

>Tie Guan Yin
"Iron goddess of mercy" One of most famous chinese teas*. Something between green and black tea. More flowery. Can be usually infused many times. Really easy to prepare even if you're not experienced with teas.

>Pu-erh teas
Fermented chinese tea. "Miracle" of chinese medice. Usually very earthly (like dirt). Again - love it or hate it.

>>7146005
This is good tip, though if you want the very best, i stronly recommend waiting till spring, where new tea becomes available. Darjeeling teas from first harvest in year are quite prized (and for good reason)! Look for "First Flush".
Common types of Darjeeling teas can be OK if you like them, but its generaly nothing to call home about.

I could also mention black chinese tea (like Keemun or indian tea like Assam.

What i listed are few types of tea you could try, BUT quality of tea greatly vary - diferent merchants might have different teas with same name. That is common. There is usually quite a lot of platnations on good tea places and probably each produce several sorts of tea. Also different year - different tea. Dont worry about that. Dont be afraid to experiment and explore.
That's one of the beauties of tea-drinking.

_____
*Lets face it - the name is used quite widely for pretty much every other "green" oolong tea.
>>
its all the same fucking dried grass from sri lanka
>>
>>7147744
That is simply not true. WHile sri lanka teas generaly tends to be rather mediocre (if not outright bad), good chinese (or japanese) tea can offer quite interesting experience to anyone who enjoy good things in his life.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.