[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Egg noodles from eggs and flour
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Egg-Noodles.jpg (217 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Egg-Noodles.jpg
217 KB, 1000x1000
Who has a Grand Slam trump hand recipe for scratch egg noodles that Alton would never have thought of?
>>
>go to grocery store
>spend fifty cents for two pounds of egg noodles
>cook according to package directions
>>
I have tumeric and paprika, going for something bright orange. To coordinate with the sausage and three pepper blend, which are green, red, and orange.

>>7144269
Ick.
>>
>>7144250

1. Crack egg/s in a bowl.
2. Mix egg/s.
3. Slowly add AP flour and mix until you get a nice dough formed.
4. Use a pasta machine / rolling pin to compact dough until you reach desired thickness.
5. Use pasta machine to cut your noodles, or simply flour the flat dough, roll it into a tube, and use a knife to cut your noodles to desired width.
6. Add to boiling water with a touch of salt and olive oil until al dente.
7. Serve with whatever.
>>
>>7144250
I give up. Who?
>>
>>7144294
I think Alton would have thought have thought of that.

I'm going with

http://www.food.com/recipe/delicious-homemade-egg-noodles-95311

But I'm adding a teaspoon each of paprika and tumeric, and not just water, but filtered water rinsed in tan almost empty jar of marinara to pick up the lycopene.
>>
>>7144347

That seems like a shitty recipe anon.

Dry the noodles? Why? No need for that if you're going to use them right away.

Adding water? Again, no need for that unless you fuck up and add too much flour.

Best of luck, anyway.
>>
>>7144440
>Adding water

In my case, for the extra color. It's also a fine-tuning throttle on the exact consistency of the dough since humidity, altitude, flour consistency, etc.
>>
>>7144451
Same, whenever I make egg noddles I add water based off the consistency and not some predetermined amount from a recipe. For me, it isn't exact science like baking.
>>
>>7144313
Alton Brown maybe?
>>
Semolina flour
eggs
nutmeg
some salt

make dough
roll through little Italian hand crank pasta roller/cutter

Boil with some salt and vinegar
>>
>>7144529
What's the vinegar for?
>>
>>7144545
it softens the water and helps prevent the pasta water from boiling over the pot.
Just a tablespoon or 2 of white vinegar.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.