[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Arepas
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: arepas.jpg (86 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
arepas.jpg
86 KB, 640x427
How do you make a great arepa? I tried once, but it didn't work. The inside was all powdery and gross.

I had an Arepa with black beans, fried plantains, and avocado once and it was the best thing I've ever had.

Post arepas and other south american food
>>
File: 2010527oksalvador.jpg (52 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
2010527oksalvador.jpg
52 KB, 500x333
>>7143429
pupusas are better
>>
>>7143429

> how do you make a bread that's cut open and stuffed
>>
>>7143447
Which would matter if OP was asking for someone to show him something better than arepas
>>
>>7143449
>Post arepas and other south american food
>>
>>7143449

>Post south american food

relax
>>
>>7143448

Yes, that is the question
>>
File: file0033.jpg (2 MB, 3664x2160) Image search: [Google]
file0033.jpg
2 MB, 3664x2160
>>7143429
These are known as gorditas in Mexico. Not your shitty gorditas from Taco Smell. They're the same thing as arepas (fried corn meal disc stuffed with meat etc) but with a more crispy as opposed to doughy texture.
>>7143447
Pupusas definitely are better though.
>>
>>7143722
It's the slaw and sauce that really set pupusas above the rest, I think.
>>
>>7143727
Yes the pickled cabbage and carrot give the pupusas a nice twist. My only criticism is that the salsa isn't spicy since most Salvadoreans don't eat spicy food
>>
>>7143739
true, but most pupusas places in America are going to be frequented by Mexicans, and they'll have some kind of bottled hot sauce on hand, which is good enough depending on the brand
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.