[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pork Belly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: pancetta.jpg (60 KB, 565x423) Image search: [Google]
pancetta.jpg
60 KB, 565x423
I like to cook it with green onions and garlic, but I'd like to try something new. Share your pork belly recipes.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9I8Y1l91KGw
>>
>>7142893
Sweet potato puree
Collard greens with caramelized onions
Pork belly
BlackBerry sauce
>>
File: IMG_20151104_094316.jpg (60 KB, 348x348) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151104_094316.jpg
60 KB, 348x348
When I have a hankering for porkbelly I go to Baohaus. I cba to cook it myself when I can just go down the road a few blocks to get a few Chairmen Baos and some tarot fries.
>>
>>7142898

Fuck off Marco.

>>7142893

I'm a fan of sous viding it, 24 hours on 80 degrees C and the pork becomes amazingly soft. After that it's good to get it really cold (helps with slicing) then cut it into bite size chunks, fry it in its own fat, toss it in a sandwich. The meat gets an incredibly crispy outside, but the centre stays melting soft, no exaggeration, it's literally like butter.

My dad does a great Chinese style recipe with it that involves basically stewing it with star anise. I don't know the recipe but I'm sure a little googling will give you something close.

Good luck OP, whatever you end up making I'm sure it will be lovely.
>>
>>7142893
Marinated with tequila, garlic and tamarind
>>
>>7143125
Interesting
I'll give that a shot
>>
>>7142901
Are you fucking kidding me
>>
>>7144958

>are you fucking kidding me

No. Baohaus is pretty great.
>>
>>7142893
Pork Adobo Recipe
Ingredients
2 lbs pork belly
2 tbsp garlic, minced or crushed
5 pieces dried bay leaves
4 tbsp vinegar
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 tbsp whole pepper corn
1 cup water
salt to taste
Watch the cooking video:

Cooking Procedure
Combine the pork belly, soy sauce, and garlic then marinade for at least 1 hour
Heat the pot and put-in the marinated pork belly then cook for a few minutes
Add water, whole pepper corn, and dried bay leaves then bring to a boil. Simmer for 40 minutes to 1 hour
Put-in the vinegar and simmer for 12 to 15 minutes
Add salt to taste
Serve hot. Share and enjoy!

Number of servings (yield): 6
>>
Take this treif back to reddit downaged.
>>
>Used to buy and eat pork belly all the time
>Sudden influx of cooking shows (Masterchef etc)
>Everyone uses it, everyone gushes over it
>Becomes a bit of a meme-cut of meat
>Pork belly suddenly no longer a cheap cut and is more expensive than other cuts of meat
>Mfw

It's sort of annoying and I haven't bought it in a while but I like a more asian inspired type of pork belly.
>>
hoisin, honey, vinegar, soy, ketchup and ginger
salt
oil
marinate for a day

slam it in the oven until its done
>>
>>7145437
>hoisin

meme
>>
>>7145402
oh my god. this.

I know your pain so so much, anon. You have my sympathy.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.