[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>disgusting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1936
>disgusting
>>
>>7142890
I'll guess I'll have crabbies. Out of shot but if they have Thatchers Gold or Thatchers Vintage I'll take some of that too
>>
>>7142890
Pretty shit selection

Brewdog are fucking awful
>>
>>7142890
Not a very good selection. The Guinness WI Porter is good though. Although you can get that for £1.50 in most shops. King Goblin isnt too bad either, but nothing special.
>>
File: macro.jpg (310 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
macro.jpg
310 KB, 1600x1200
Half of those are decent though.

If this weren't an obvious bait thread I'd tell you to post a picture of the macro shit next time. You know, the crap they sell next to the wine coolers?
>>
>>7142931
It's all fucking awful, that's the point.
>>
Would probably get the Lagunitas.
>>
>>7142890
Lagunitas, Sierra Nevada, Guinness west indies, erdinger

would drink all of them 2bh
>>
OP its OK you don't like beer... Honestly it is! Nice bait though...
>>
>>7142984
I like beer, just not this hipster meme piss.
>>
>>7142948
>ice cold

ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT
>>
>>7142890

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale very good, Sam Adams Boston Lager is good, Blue Moon sucks and I haven’t had any of the others.
>>
>>7143000
>hipster meme piss.

Post the beer you like now.
I'm sure its far more like piss than Lagunitas.
>>
ITT: liquor stores in the UK have the same quality as the beer aisle of Target in the US.

Still not a bad selection. It sounds like you just have bad taste.
>>
>>7143019
That's not a liquor store.
>>
>>7142890
>ginger beer
>Innis & Gunn Rum Finish

I don't see the problem here.
>>
>>7143019
Thats a standard supermarket m8
>>
>>7142890
>For decades Europoors say they are superior because their beer is better
>America surpasses them in every category and they still bitch
>Both still lose because beer is a girly 4-10% and the only reason to drink it is because your stomach can't handle alcoholic drinks with sugar without getting sick or real spiritys
>>
>>7143041
You're not making sense. Have another drink, alky.
>>
>>7143047
I'm drinking a healthier chu-hi.
>>
>>7142890
What's that "Under 25?" sign all about. Don't tell me you're not allowed to buy alcohol if you're younger.
>>
>>7143072
If you look youger than 25, you need to show ID
>>
>>7143072
You can buy alcohol at 18 but they play it safe because stores get absolutely fucked if they sell to someone underage.
>>
>sierra nevada is awful

tips fedora
>>
>>7143041
I like to get drunk slowly :(
>>
>>7142890
Calling lagunitas disgusting. What's wrong with you?
>>
>>7143074
>>7143083
How can some old woman at the cash register distinguish, if you look 21 or 26? Is this just nonsense so people don't feel offended when they are asked for ID although they are older than 18 or am I missing something?
>>
>>7143108
Yes
>>
>>7143108
It gives them an excuse to card lots of people. The corner store where I buy my smokes has a big sign up over the counter saying they card everyone that doesn't look over 40. They apparently got in trouble a while back for selling to underage kids or some shit so now they card pretty much everyone unless you go there a lot and they recognize you and know you're of age.
>>
>>7143121
Weird how city life is. I was drinking in pubs at 13, buying alcohol same time. Country life is cosy.
>>
>>7143108
The point is to prevent cashiers from going "weeelll, he looks old enough, I guess" and to dissuade minors from pooling up all their cash with their oldest looking friend.
That and it lets the cashier say "i'm going to need some ID there young lady" to the obviously over-the-hill women in a fake flirty way like sixty times a day jesus how do they never tire of that joke
>>
>>7143128
>tfw grown a beard
>tfw 24
>tfw ID'd to buy razors

>tfw ID'd to buy Lemsip

FUCK OFF I NEED TO SHAVE LOOK AT MY FACE I NEED MY LEMSIP I HAVE A COLD, HOW HARD DO YOU THINK IT WOULD BE FOR ME TO JUST RUN A FRE SHOPS AND BUY ENOUGH PARACETAMOL TO KILL MYSELF? 5 MINUTES EXTRA WORK WON'T STOP ME KILLING MYSELF REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: photo-11.jpg (879 KB, 1224x1632) Image search: [Google]
photo-11.jpg
879 KB, 1224x1632
I'm so glad I finally got pic related. Waited 4 years for this stuff.
>>
>>7143127
What I found amusing was once I went to the supermarket and bought a bunch of beer and some wine and some cigarettes. The cashier scanned through the beer and wine without asking for my ID but when she got to the cigarettes, she stopped and rudely demanded to see my ID.

I was like wtf? You scan the products that require me to be 21 with no question and then balk at the product that requires age 18? And here I am in my mid-30's with a full fucking beard and grey starting to show so I clearly don't look like I'm under 21, let alone under 18...
>>
>>7143142
They probably got busted for selling cigarettes to an undercover minor and if they had one more violation they'd get shut down.

Sometimes the people enforcing tobacco laws are different from the people enforcing alcohol laws. Depends on the area.
>>
>>7143141
I like Sucks more.
>>
>>7143188
You can get that anytime now. I had to wait 3 years for that shit so it was worth it. 9.9% abv doesn't hurt either.
>>
>>7143203
Wait, since when?
I still only see it seasonally...
>>
>>7143206
For a while now. They have it 32oz bottles for 7$ everywhere too.
>>
>>7143113
>>7143121
>>7143128
I see. Thanks for explaining!
>>
>>7143041
>can't handle
Sorry people have different tastes and like enjoying themselves, do you rate people on how 'well' they do everything? Pissing? Sleeping?
>>
>>7142890

>all dat shitty ipa

at least you got sam adams to wash the taste out with.
>>
If these so called 'amazing' American micro breweries start brewing some decent malty beers, then I think that would be really good. We can accept that the IPA experiment was fun whilst it lasted, but it was wrong, and get back to drinking some decent beer.
>>
>>7144548

>and op bumps his troll thread by repeating the same old shitty bait
>>
Blue Moon is fucking vile, why do so many people like it?
>>
>>7144596
It's alright. It's not the best wheat beer around, but I'll take it over Molson or something.
>>
>>7144610
No, it's not alright.
>>
>>7142890
I'll be the first to say it. That Blandford Flyer from Badger (bottom row on the right) is great stuff m8. Fruity/gingery, unusual but gud.
>>
>>7143019

>>7143031 & a tiny fraction of what will be on offer. Multiple that by 10-20.
>>
>>7144623
better than Bud Light, most of the people who are drinking Blue Moon now are women who used to drink Bud Light, so its a step in the right direction
>>
Holy fuck is beer in england expensive
>>
>>7143135
>>tfw ID'd to buy razors
Wait, this is a thing in europe?
>>
>>7145013
Is it really better though? Is it actually worth paying more for it?
>>
>>7144578
>If these so called 'amazing' American micro breweries start brewing some decent malty beers, then I think that would be really good
Almost every single one makes at least a couple malty beers
>>
>>7145034
>Is it really better though
Yes
> Is it actually worth paying more for it?
I don't know, its still pretty fucking cheap
>>
>>7145034
Not that poster but I don't see the point of those low level but pricier beers like heineken, guinness, blue moon, etc.

I'll either get something good or a 30 pack of High Life.
>>
>>7144993
Do they not sell the beer cold? and why not 6 packs?
>>
why did IPA become le meme beer?

everyone looking down on IPA drinkers like some kind of uber-redditor, I really fail to see the problem.
Standard lagers taste like complete piss, even here in mainland Europe, it's literally carbonated water with a slight bitter taste.
I only got into drinking beer through Weißbier, which is creamy and flavorful and moved on to IPA because it's refreshing and has some real taste behind it.
Also, you don't have to drink nearly as much to get buzzed and it's something you can sit back and enjoy rather than just chugging it down.
>>
serious question: does anyone put ice in their beer?
I know beer is supposed to be served ice cold, though. tried it a few times, didn't like it. even a little ice dilutes it too much.
>>
There's a reason why people like IPAs, its because they actually taste good.
>>
>>7145108
hating IPA is a meme because they are popular, its that simple. Thats just how 4chan works
>>
File: victory-headwaters-pale-ale.jpg (1 MB, 1134x1280) Image search: [Google]
victory-headwaters-pale-ale.jpg
1 MB, 1134x1280
i like APAs better. They still have that bold flavor but not insanely hoppy. Pic related is one of my favorites
>>
>>7145167
Victory Brewing has yet to make a good beer.
>>
>>7145042

Some beers are sold in 4/6/8s or cases of 12/16/20/24. The beers sold like this tend to be the common lagers such as stella, fosters, carling etc and ciders.

The types of beers posted in OP's pic along with English Ale are typically sold in single bottles. But they are almost always on offer in every supermarket. 3 for £5 or something like that.

As for chilled, a lot of supermarkets have a seperate fridge section where they keep some of the more popular drinks. 4 packs of the popular lagers and ciders, wine etc, but you would be unlikely to find any of the more craft style beers amongst them.
>>
>>7142890
what shop is this?
>>
>>7142890
At least it improves as you move down
>>
>>7142890
I thought we were being overcharged for Punk IPA when it went from $2.90 to $3.40 CAD for a tall can. How is it that britbongs pay more than we do when it has to cross an ocean to get here?
>>
File: thatchers_cider_1.png (408 KB, 655x376) Image search: [Google]
thatchers_cider_1.png
408 KB, 655x376
>tfw live near Thatchers farm
>Every year near the end of summer they bring their excess to local pubs and we can get pints of Thatchers for 50p

South-west bros ww@?
>>
>>7145370
super high euro taxes probably
>>
>>7145372
Bristol here
>>
>>7142890

Lets be honest, Boston Lager is legit
>>
>>7145396
its good for a lager
>>
Oh
>>
>>7142890
What's disgusting is the fact so many bottles are subjected to light.
So much skunked beer right there.
>>
>>7145409
its a pretty minimal issue with brown bottles unless its sitting on the shelf for a very long time
>>
>>7143135
>grow beard
>don't get carded
>shave beard
>get carded
>>
>>7142890
I know bro, wheres the coors?
>>
I don't hate IPAs, but I am pretty bored of them. I like to drink blondes and belgiums right now.
>>
>>7142890
Guess i'll have the peroni
>>
>>7145193
Morrisons.
>>
>>7145372
Enjoy your type-2 diabetes 2bh
>>
>>7142890

hahahahaha that's why
>>
>>7147139
Ah shit. I'm over 18 but have no ID and the big supermarkets always ask. Aldi, Lidl and Mr Patel in the corner shop don't care but they always have a poor selection of beers.
>>
>>7142948
What part of PA are you from?
>>
>>7145108
IPA drinkers, much like cilantro eaters, should have their opinion discarded because their palate is objectively shit

I FUCKING LOVE EATING SOAP!!!!
>>
>>7148603
Inferior genetics detected
>>
>>7142890
Oh, that looks familiar. Its a beer section in the UK.

Im american, but i have that image of absolutely shit beers burned into my mind from all of the piss swill beer i had to drink in the u.k. and ireland.
>>
>>7148603
>cilantro

Fuck off yank.
>>
>>7144596
Because it's owned and marked by coors. What kind of *special* beer do you expect plebs to buy when they take that break from bud light that 1 in 20th time that they buy beer?
>>
>>7148908
>marked

marketed*

It's also fuckin pumped out and distributed everywhere. Again
>coors

>>7145041
this guy gets it.
>>
>>7145108
>everyone looking down on IPA drinkers like some kind of uber-redditor
Yeah it's weird because the real reddit-fedora-mayday beer is the stout.
Every autistic fedora wearing fagot I've ever encountered has been all about stouts and shit, cause they're so dark and manly you know?
>>
>>7143001
NOW WE GONNA BRAKE THIS THANG DOWN FO JUSSA FEW SECONDS,
NOW DON HAV ME BREAK THIS THANG DOWN FO NUTHIN!
'WANNA SEE YA ON YA'LL BAAADDEST BEHAVIA
LEND ME SOME SUGA, I AM YO NEIGHBUH!
>>
>>7143128
It's not that it's a funny joke or that they're actually flirting... it's just way less embarrassing of a situation for everyone than some fat old bitch soccer mom flipping her shit because she thinks you're carding her specifically to be a dick.
>>
>>7142890
Somes of it is decent, The Innis and Gunn and Sharps Doom Bar are nice, cant stand brew dog though, pretentious shite along with their pubs.
>>
>>7145372
Thatchers farm near Churchill? If so, went to school there. Getting 12 Katys for £6 was a fucking dream
>>
>>7142890

Probably go for an Innus and Gunn depending on which they are.
>>
>disgusting
indeed.
Implying micro brew (albeit entry level stuff) is disgusting.
>>
>>7142890
I'd probably go for a King Goblin, but the selection isn't brilliant.
>>
>>7145108
IPAs don't have the depth of flavour that dark ales have.
>>
>>7150794
this is objectively wrong
Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.