[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
yerba mate tea
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: shotec-mini.jpg (44 KB, 500x118) Image search: [Google]
shotec-mini.jpg
44 KB, 500x118
is yerba mate tea the final boss of tea?

i cannot get enough of it. drinking more than a litre a day.
>>
>>7142698
Enjoy your headaches if you stop drinking it.
>>
I fucking love the stuff but I try to limit how much I drink, there's a decent amount of evidence that it fucks you up long term
>>
File: 1446267107970.gif (997 KB, 350x206) Image search: [Google]
1446267107970.gif
997 KB, 350x206
>>7142698
>yerba mate
the new meme drink!
>>
>>7143493
>been used for thousands of years
>has been available in canned form for over a decade

What backwoods shithole do you live in that this is a new drink?

>>7142698
Better than coffee, in my opinion. It's just annoying to make fresh.
>>
>>7143503
its indigenous to south american back waters and it was new to white Argentinians only in the past few hundred years. drinking it locally but never exporting on the scale of tea from the Orient. of course its a new drink to most of the world. Shut the fuck up.
>>
>>7143522
Depends on how you define "new"

When it comes to food trends, "new" is like 2 years at the most.
>>
>>7143476
source?
>>
>>7142698
Mate a shit
>>
Where's a good place to get tea in Canada?
>>
>>7144189
The tea getting store
>>
>>7144044
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19695149
It's not certain, which is why I still drink it at all, but so far all research has pointed to this. It could be the temperature or local genetics and not the drink though, so don't worry too much.

>>7144189
I live in a state that borders Canada and I get mine in the grocery store, check the area you normally get bagged tea sometimes they stock bags of yerba mate. It's all loose leaf though so you'll need a strainer.
>>
>>7142698
isnt this shit a category 2a carcinogen?
>>
>>7144304
>http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19695149

phew yes i knew this before. i also highly think its just the temperature
>>
>>7143285
Uruguayan here, can confirm. My dad has that problem.
>>
>>7144445
It was not the mate, but the hot ass water.
>>
>>7143476
If yerba mate fucked you up then the entire population of Argentina, Paraguay and Uruguay should be diying of cancer
>>
>>7144699
|coffee industrz gorilla operative confirmed
>>
File: zdjecie,max,458[1].jpg (169 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
zdjecie,max,458[1].jpg
169 KB, 600x600
I been drinking this. It's pretty good, but I don't know much about tea.
>>
>>7144689
seriously? perhaps unclean polluted mate?
>>
>>7146028
No, yerba has just as much caffeine as coffee.
The main withdrawal symptom of caffeine is headache.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.