[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So my sister dragged me to this hipster restaurant where (I shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6
File: 13476785.jpg (31 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
13476785.jpg
31 KB, 480x480
So my sister dragged me to this hipster restaurant where (I shit you not) they try to show off by grinding pepper over your food.

Not only does it make me sneeze but they do it in this really obnoxious way like they expect me to tip more for every grind.

Why does it seem like restaurants are trying to squeeze more and more out of the customers at every step? I don't even like pepper, let alone being guilted into paying more because someone was "generous" with the pepper grinder.
>>
File: y2PtYT5.png (43 KB, 625x656) Image search: [Google]
y2PtYT5.png
43 KB, 625x656
>>
File: 134788518.jpg (38 KB, 500x671) Image search: [Google]
134788518.jpg
38 KB, 500x671
>>7141794
>I don't even like pepper
>>
>>7141794
I know what you mean. The worst is when they come around with those bowls of freshly grated cheese. Why do I want cheese on my risotto? It turns out I should have accepted because it was bland as all hell.
>>
>>7141794
>they expect me to tip more for every grind

Tipping is retarded and I'm boycotting restaurants for this reason

only fast casual for me :^)
>>
File: anonsbait.jpg (51 KB, 500x294) Image search: [Google]
anonsbait.jpg
51 KB, 500x294
>>7141794
>>
anyone notice how pre-ground pepper is WAY HOTTER than freshly-ground pepper?

with fresh pepper, i can add tons and tons to food. like a whole tablespoon. it's not a big deal.

but with pre-ground, if i add more than a teaspoon, the meal is ruined. it's just too hot.

maybe it's because pre-ground = finer particles = more surface area of your tongue to touch the paper.
>>
>>7141857
fucking cheesecock factory does that cheese grate thing and it baffles me.
>>
>>7141794
Gonna take the bait since I assume you're normal-fag enough on some level for your sister to dine with you outside.

>Why does it seem like restaurants are trying to squeeze more and more out of the customers at every step?
You answered your own question.

>they do it in this really obnoxious way
It's a hipster restaurant, like you said. They put an emphasis on presentation and flair so that suckers can justify paying $40 for a meal that would otherwise be worth $20.
>>
>>7142125
>maybe it's because pre-ground = finer particles = more surface area of your tongue to touch the paper.
This is probably why
>>
Fuck off.
>>
File: Larsen Visit_014.jpg (322 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Larsen Visit_014.jpg
322 KB, 1600x1200
>work in restaurant for three years
>slowly climb ladder
>finally reach coveted position of pepper steward
>Joe Lunchpail doesn't tip me
>tfw
>>
>baby's first time eating at a restaurant
>>
>>7142125
>pre-ground = finer particles

Wut. I can grind mine as fine or coarse as I want. And freshly ground is always spicier than preground. The preground is like bland sawdust.
>>
>>7144175
I hate bland sawdust.
>>
File: 1092910-hothead.png (1 KB, 94x93) Image search: [Google]
1092910-hothead.png
1 KB, 94x93
>>7141857
When those kekolds come to my table with pepper grinders and cheese graters I demand that they leave them on my table for the whole meal. Same with iced tea and water pitchers, leave that shit on my table.
>>
>>7144037
is that a gas mask or a miner's lamp on his head?
>>
>>7142125
as pepper ages it loses some flavor and gets hotter like that.
pre-ground pepper loses its oils pretty quick and turns to shit.
this is why i think many people say they dont like pepper because the use old pre-ground stuff.
fresh ground is always better
>>
>>7144253
gas mask
>>
>>7144175
Not true
>>
>>7144175

>i can grind mine as finely as i want i-i-i just dont want it as fine as the can not like i c-can't
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.