[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some real simple ideas for lunch at work? I'm sick
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7
File: operation-lunchbox.jpg (207 KB, 540x727) Image search: [Google]
operation-lunchbox.jpg
207 KB, 540x727
What are some real simple ideas for lunch at work?
I'm sick of buying lunch at the cantine because it's a rip off and tastes like shit.
what are some good lunch idas for taking to work?
(we have a kettle, toaster and microwave at work but thats it)
ideally, my perfect lunch would be a pot noodle, but given the nutritional information of that i might aswell just eat paper amirite.
are there any healthier alternatives to a pot noodle/pasta pot. (one where i can just pour boiling water to enjoy a hot meal? soemthing real simple
>>
you can rehydrate beef jerky with boiling water
>>
put eggs in the kettle and hard boil them.
>>
>>7141600
if you use dried noodles you can parboil them, then pour boiling water at work. Same for fresh noodles.
>>
>>7141600
Google "dehydrated instant meals"
>>
>>7141600
Can't you just pack something in a sealable container and heat it up in the microwave?
>>
There's still nothing that beats taking wraps to work. Load them up with some lettuce/capsicum/cucumber/whatever vegetables you want, add some protein like some sliced chicken, add a sauce if desired, wrap them up, put them in the fridge when you get to work.

I've done wraps in tonnes of variations. Every other week I tend to bake a batch of something (muffins/cookies/etc) and I take those to work until I've eaten them all too.

Can also do the above with sandwiches if you'd rather I just am not as big a fan of the bread:fillings ratio with two pieces of bread instead of a wrap.

Other than that there's always the leftovers option which is easy. Stir fries are easy to take and you can eat them cold or microwave them if you want.

>>7142025
I have done this. Parcooked noodles with a combination of sauces that I like, add some vegetables and some chicken or something, then pour some boiling water over it at work and make a noodle soup out of it. Much better for you than prepacked instant noodles.
>>
File: shrooms and chicken.jpg (2 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
shrooms and chicken.jpg
2 MB, 5312x2988
I just make extra every night and take leftovers for the next day its nice so long as you don't mind eating the same thing twice in 24 hours
>>
Make dinner. Put leftovers in a container. Take container to work and reheat in microwave at lunch time.

If you have a refrigerator at work, use that. If you don't, get one of those insulated lunch bags and keep it cold until lunch time.
>>
>>7141600
Just make a sandwich
>>
File: 1268785190398.jpg (167 KB, 791x600) Image search: [Google]
1268785190398.jpg
167 KB, 791x600
>>7141642
That is such a simple, lazy thing to do. Pure genius, my man.

This changes everything for me.
>>
>>7142441
Only autistic manchildren throw tantrums about eating leftovers.
>>
File: lunchbox.jpg (25 KB, 460x347) Image search: [Google]
lunchbox.jpg
25 KB, 460x347
>>7141600
This is now a thread about the best lunch boxes/pails/containers because OP's topic is boring, for unimaginative people.

My pick? Cheap plastic Tiffin style.
>>
>>7143427
oh, look, a consumerist drone

i just bring a red lid rubbermaid container. it looks nice and its very practical. those lunch pails look tacky as fuck.
>>
>>7141600
this is so stupid because you have to remove the fruit/salad to microwave it. are people oblivious to smaller containers for sauces and tid bit snacks?
>>
>>7143435
>complains about consumerism
>has brand preference

SURE DO LOVE THAT ETHICAL RUBBERMAID BRAND
>>
Here you go fam

https://www.reddit.com/r/MealPrepSunday/
>>
>>7143427
Anyone have the copypasta of the autist reviewing different types of lunchboxes
>>
File: Untitled-1 copy.jpg (81 KB, 907x519) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1 copy.jpg
81 KB, 907x519
>>7143427
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWb-8w2TEdM
>>
>>7141600
Bake chicken breasts on the bone (skin-on), with a little salt, pepper, lemon or just olive oil. Cool. Remove from bone. Set aside.

Make chicken salad.
Day 2, add fruit, nuts, and maybe an herb,directly to your sandwich.
Day 3: curryize the chicken salad with mango curry, curry powder, cilantro. Sever over greens.

Sunday "roast" becomes meals for 3 days, modifying it a litle each day. Day 1, all 3 courses of leftovers. Day 2, pasta salad with stuff thrown in and hit it with some salad dressing creamy or acidic, Day 3, puree it up into some soup, serve with thawed roll or bread you can toast (or some soup crackers). I like turkey, roast beef, roast pork, etc. Pork esp takes to BBQ sauce well. Meatloaf dinners can be done in individual patties, and spiced differently, and frozen to make a quick sandwich or lunch main. Go asian with hoison, BBQ, or spiced chili sauce and some kind of great pickle or grilled onion bacony jam.
>>
>>7143542
yes
>>
>>7143897
I want to stab her in the neck
>>
File: 1415169394843.jpg (17 KB, 436x158) Image search: [Google]
1415169394843.jpg
17 KB, 436x158
>>7141600
One such box is what I eat in a day.
Cutting sucks.
>>
File: 91ICNnUbsRL._SL1500_.jpg (344 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
91ICNnUbsRL._SL1500_.jpg
344 KB, 1500x1500
Pic related should not cost more than $0.25 each. They're fucking restaurant supply.
>>
>>7141600
Left overs.
>>
>>7141600
Why did that person only use the green smarties, it must've been very annoying to pick them all out?
>>
>>7144800
They use those at chinese restaurants.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.