[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's the zombie apocalypse You've found a grocery store
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 9
File: o-GROCERY-STORE-facebook.jpg (857 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
o-GROCERY-STORE-facebook.jpg
857 KB, 2000x1000
It's the zombie apocalypse
You've found a grocery store
Which isle do you raid first?
>>
Sardegna.
>>
the gun aisle
>>
>>7141545
Beans and rice isle and that canned soup isle. Love me some canned soup
>>
>>7141545
Dried beans. Then canned baked beans. Then toothpaste.
>>
>>7141545
>>7141565
http://writingexplained.org/usage/aisle-vs-isle-difference
>>
International
>>
>>7141545
there's something i've always wondered. if the zombie apocalypse occurs and all mass production of food stops, what will happen when all the food in the world at that time expires?
>>
>>7141567
Why not eat more perishable things first?
>>
>>7141545
Bottled water. Clean water is going to be hardest thing to reliably find and bottled water will keep for a fair while in sealed bottles. Plus the bottles have many uses.

Next up is dried and canned goods as they have a long shelf life. Then household goods like pans and such because good luck finding and smelting metal. Then spirits for numbing the pain of the world and disinfecting
>>
Canned food, no question.

Cured meats that don't need to be refrigerated. Dried fruit and nuts.

Then probably high end liquor and cigarettes (if only for currency).
>>
File: Cornholio.jpg (16 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
Cornholio.jpg
16 KB, 400x300
>>7141545
bog roll, so i can have a cheeky wank to calm the nerves
>>
File: Bikini_Atoll.jpg (19 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
Bikini_Atoll.jpg
19 KB, 500x281
>>7141545
This one
>>
>>7141577
BUY SPIRIT TO REFUEL THE SPIRIT
>>
>>7141545
Checkout counter for batteries
Canned isle
Bottled water isle
Alcohol section
Pharmacy

in that order
>>
the condoms aisle, so I can get it on with freaky zombsluts
>>
get some beans, ground beef, stock, so i can make some chili
>>
>>7141577
>bottled water
Because nobody drank water before bottled water came around
>>
>>7141545
>literally stripped clean within the hour
>everyone infected withing the hour

no
>>
>>7141648

>Alcohol

Enjoy getting rekt while drunk
>>
>>7141781
sure just let me dig a goddamn well any time i want water thats not mud or full of literal shit
>>
>>7141786
wat
>>
>>7141790
>he thinks the alcohol is for drinking
>>
>>7141792
if some kind of zombie breakout were to happen, grocery stores would be one of the first places people would go and it would be stripped clean within minutes

not only that but it would be so packed with people not being able to get out easily, one bite and the whole building of people is fucked
>>
>>7141791
>not drinking your own piss

Do you even /out/?
>>
Peanut butter lasts for a really long time at room temperature, is extremely calorie dense, and has a wide enough range of nutrients that you could conceivably survive off of it for a long time. The fact that it's kept in jars also means that there's very little risk of it accidentally getting wet.

Honey, pemmican, and certain other dried meats also fall into this category.
>>
peanut butter. i loot and horde all the peanut butter.

it's so calorie-defense that a couple tablespoons will keep you fighting for a day.

next: bottled water. dehydration is a major threat i'd want to avoid.

third: powdered milk. non-perishable complete protein.
>>
File: snowballs.jpg (34 KB, 300x220) Image search: [Google]
snowballs.jpg
34 KB, 300x220
>>
Canned vienna sausages so I can start my post apocalypse catering service.
>>
File: powdered-nonfat-milk.jpg (95 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
powdered-nonfat-milk.jpg
95 KB, 600x600
i think too many people overlook powdered milk.

i'll be the only one to survive the apocalypse 'cause i'll be the only one to grab the powdered milk.

maybe i'll run into scooby.
>>
>>7141571
You're gonna have to figure out how to farm and raise livestock then, like your ancestors before mass-produced food.
>>
>>7141791
Just get one of those portable water filter straws, best if you don't want to lug around a bunch of water bottles.
>>
>>7141922
I've never seen powered milk outside food banks/churches. What asile is it in?
>>
>>7141932

i see it in the baking supplies aisle.

same aisle with flour, powdered sugar, pancake mixes, chocolate chips, etc.
>>
>>7141929
>Q: Odd question, but its on my mind. If i pee into a bowl, and use the filter on that, will it taste like water or pee?

>A: It'll still taste and smell like pee, it won't remove the urea which is a dissolved chemical and what makes pee taste and smell like pee. Contrary to the prior answer, it also won't remove the smallest infectious particles which are viruses

>removes 99.99999999999% bacteria
>can't filter pee

What scam these faggots are pulling
>>
NUTS
>>
>>7141946
its a filter not a purifier you cock
>>
>>7141946
It filters bacteria, parasites, and stuff that infects you but not chemicals. If you want a method that 100% removes everything then learn to distill water.
>>
>>7141545
Pharmacy FIRST, ALWAYS.
Then, bottled water aisle
Then, the household aisle (batteries, flashlights, small tools, travel sewing kits, tape, etc.)
Then, toiletries
Then, canned goods
Then, dried goods (beans, rice, etc)
Then, if zombies haven't found you and you have time, grab some treats.

If you've happened across a "superstore" that hasn't already been raided, Go to gun and ammo section first, and also grab bows and arrows, and any other implements of destruction, like camping hatchets, etc. Then follow as above. In a store like that, if you had time, a trip to the gardening center would be a good idea to grab a bunch of seed packets for later use. Also, clothing.
>>
>>7141995
>Pharmacy FIRST, ALWAYS

DUDE OPIUM LAMO
>>
>>7142003
Yeah, because THATS the most important thing in a pharmacy.....dumbass.
While painkillers will no doubt come in handy, there's way more important drugs in there.
>>
File: Spam-Can.jpg (378 KB, 1063x1043) Image search: [Google]
Spam-Can.jpg
378 KB, 1063x1043
>>7141545
this desu. I could live off musubi and planters punch.
>>
>>7141790
Yeah, not like people got drunk in the past or anything.
>>
>>7142070
Tb h that autist is right, i'd go after the opiates and benzos before i worry about antibiotics and other boring drugs
>>
>>7141545

>isle

pasta/asian/mexican aisle
>>
Assuming the worst: brrrrrraaaaaainssss!

Canned beans, avoiding dry ones specifically because sufficient water and heat to cook them might be hard to come by when shit hits the fan.
Same with rice. I'd look for precooked preserved rice in pouches sooner than the dry stuff.
Peanut butter seems logical.
Canned veggies and meat.
A little popcorn and oil for when I do have a decent heat source.
Vegetables that can reproduce like potatoes, onions. Might get a little garden going if I find a safe location.
Hard cheeses for long lasting dairy w/ no water weight.
Fresh veggies plus some vinegar to start pickling right away.
Drinking water in 2.5 gallon jugs or better. Nobody got time for a bunch of plastic bottles.

I'd be stocking up for short-medium term survival. Just wait out a couple of weeks then go loot dead people's shit.
>>
>>7141918
>that fucking thread
>>
Liqour aisle. Round up a fortress full of liqour and ammo, trade liqour for food and women
>>
How the fuck are you faggots gonan carry all that shit out? Especially when there might be enemy humans just waiting to kill and loot you.
>>
>>7142273
It's a thought experiment buddy. Just assume you have the means to carry a lot of stuff but not everything in the friggin building.
>>
>>7142273
I don't know about you, but I always have at least one of those "green" bags from grocery stores folded up in my backpack. I could carry a bunch of shit in that.

Also
>leaving the store after looting it
Stores are generally well fortified. You'd be stupid not to camp out in the washroom or storage.
>>
>>7141561
>be American
>can buy guns and groceries at the same store
God Bless Walmart
>>
>>7141946
I don't think you understand how filters work.
>>
File: kingcuck.png (95 KB, 187x218) Image search: [Google]
kingcuck.png
95 KB, 187x218
>>7142233
>popcorn

yeah man...great idea... ahhaHAAHHAH
>>
File: Spam_can.png (4 MB, 1050x996) Image search: [Google]
Spam_can.png
4 MB, 1050x996
Water > Isle with all the spam and canned food > probably like crackers or something > medicine and alcohol
>>
isle
>a small island.
aisle
>a passage between shelves of goods in a supermarket or other building.

How does everyone in this thread not know this? It's like the new palate/palette
>>
>>7142183
There were no zombies in the past.
>>
>>7143974

Excuse me I want to go to spam island
>>
Assuming I found a supermarket that people didn't know about and wouldn't salvage it almost immediately at the first sign of the apocalypse, I would barricade the store and claim everything, and try to disguise it from the outside.
>>
>>7144009
>going outside

Sniper bait detected
>>
>>7143987
Hawaii?
>>
I stay the inside where it's safe because I have a year's worth of food and water for two in my house.
>>
>>7144025
i.e spray painting the windows etc, don't have to go outside for that, would also barricade from inside first and wait out for the majority to die.
>>
>>7141648
This, but my order would be:

Water
Pharmacy
Alcohol
Canned
Batteries

Also, I don't know if multivitamins were implied as being in the pharmacy section, but in most stores I visit they are not. I would stock up on as much of those as I can carry, the availability of non-perishable vitamin C is crucial.
>>
>>7141781
Before the industrial revolution, water from streams and rivers was often potable. Boiling was still smart, but the level of pollution since then has increased dramatically, and while boiling will kill microorganisms, good luck getting out all the chemicals without advanced filtration equipment.
>>
>>7142188
Don't forget the stimulants anon, they will come in handy when you have to take turns pulling 48 hour guard duty.
>>
Not enough info.

If there's power, meat.

Otherwise, non-perishables and canned goods: sauces, soups, grains, etc.
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.