[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/Hangover/ General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7
File: biscuits and gravy.jpg (629 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
biscuits and gravy.jpg
629 KB, 2048x1152
Are biscuits and gravy good for a hangover?

post other good hangover edibles.
>>
>>7140607
The only things "good for a hangover" are NSAIDs and hydration.
>>
>Contrary to popular knowledge, heading to the local greasy spoon is not a great hangover cure. A large, fatty meal is better at preventing a hangover than curing one. Chowing down on a big burger before the liquor starts flowing can help insulate the stomach, preventing alcohol from being absorbed into the stomach lining and bloodstream . A fried feast the morning after can actually irritate a sensitive stomach, so leave the basket of fries for later.
>>
>>7140607
The good old bacon sandwich is great.
>>
>>7140618
My go-to hangover "cure" is lots of water and ibuprofen, then a cheesesteak from the place up the road when I think I can stomach it. I usually feel pretty good by the end of it.
>>
If you are able to eat, you don't have much of a hangover. When I stop drinking I can't eat or sleep for 3-4 days. If I drink a little bit too much water I vomit.
>>
File: Roasted Vegetable Burritos.jpg (73 KB, 568x426) Image search: [Google]
Roasted Vegetable Burritos.jpg
73 KB, 568x426
I haven't had a hangover in a while. In my wilder days I would swear by lots of coconut water (very cold) and buttered toast or grits-maybe a swiss grilled cheese if someone else is cooking it. Later on in the day when the room stops spinning, some simple grilled chicken on a salad or roasted vegetable burrito plus quite a bit of water.
>>
>>7140607

You have to be really hungover to have vomited all over your biscuits like that
>>
>>7140644
We live a similar life.
>>
>>7140607
You never want to vomit biscuits and gravy its close to first to be the worst thing to vomit. Chili holds the title of first.
>>
File: image.jpg (660 KB, 1200x1800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
660 KB, 1200x1800
>>7140607
I love that these threads happen every weekend
>>
>>7140644
Not everyone is a drunk.
>>
my go-to hangover recipe is PROTEIN french toast. 45 calorie bread dipped in 3 egg whites, 1/2 scoop snickerdoodle protein powder and cinnamon topped with mini rolos, REDUCED FAT Jif PB, sugar free maple syrup, cocoa pebbles, sprinkles & FF whip.
>>
>>7140686
you've never thrown up peanut butter
>>
>>7140719
No and i hope i never do if you think its worse than chili then it has to be really bad.
>>
>>7140710
I don't understand this reply.
>>
>>7140733
Pass the firewater, chief.
>>
>>7140740
oof
>>
>>7140607
Bacon, scrambled eggs cooking in the bacon grease, buttered toast, orange juice.
>>
>>7140607
That's more of a mid-day after the nausea has settled and the tylenol has kicked in sorta meal.
>>
>>7140887
Chicken noodle soup.
>>
File: pupper.jpg (82 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
pupper.jpg
82 KB, 640x480
>>7140607
Alcohol dissipates over time. How drunk you get from a drink can be lessened beforehand and during by eating a protein-rich food, but after you're already drunk there's not a damn thing you can do about being drunk or having a hangover other than wait it out. Pissing an ungodly amount would still only get rid of ~10% of it, and leave you with severe dehydration.

Eat nuts or meat while drinking, and know your limit - stay within it.
>>
>>7140644
You walk a fine line of life and death
>>
>>7140718

what the fuck ahh
>>
>>7140718
>REDUCED FAT Jif PB
>sugar free maple syrup
Right because thats really going to change anything.
>>
A spicy Jambalaya gets the juices flowing.
>>
I had Jambalaya
>>
File: juicy-lemons-hd-wallpaper-332077.jpg (679 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
juicy-lemons-hd-wallpaper-332077.jpg
679 KB, 1920x1080
>>
protip for Sausage + Gravy

Dont use the Tube Biscuits !!! They suck for sausage gravy.

Instead use Bisquick pancake mix, just make a dumpling biscuit by stirring in milk. Its super easy and they are ten times better then the canned tube biscuits.

Recipe is on the box for biscuits. It tells you how much milk to add.
>>
>>7140607
>biscuits and gravy
I came
>>
File: 00-0121.jpg (101 KB, 828x720) Image search: [Google]
00-0121.jpg
101 KB, 828x720
>>7143068
>use Bisquick pancake mix

Take 2 extra minutes and make real biscuits you fuck. I don't understand why anyone would use bisquick
>>
Found my perfect hangover bowl today
>Calrose rice/sticky rice
>Homemade pork bulgogi with leeks, green onions and shitake mushrooms
>A fried egg

With two cups of black coffee
>>
Pancakes and hashbrowns.
>>
>>7143068
>Dont use the Tube Biscuits !!! They suck for sausage gravy.
Actually, they make different versions. The one you want is called "Southern Style" and it's basically the opposite of the flaky style.
>Instead use Bisquick pancake mix,
Decent.
>>7143715
>I don't understand why anyone would use bisquick
Because it saves the step of sifting flour with leavening, and the step where you cut in the butter/shortening/lard. Prolly saves 10 minutes. If one buys the "heart healthy" bisquick, it's also 50% less than a human could possibly get from any homemade recipe. It's science, much like you cannot replace Panko with some home method.
>>
>>7140718
This recipe makes no sense calorie saving wise.
>>
>>7140644
That sounds like alcohol poisoning
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.