[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Daily Reminder
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (101 KB, 450x610) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101 KB, 450x610
If the cheese in your country is pasteurised it isn't fucking cheese.

You may continue.
>>
I didn't see this reminder yesterday. Keep to your shitposting schedule, Anon-chan.
>>
>>7139755
Should of looked harder then, cunt.
>>
>>7139763
Should have.
>>
>>7139763
>of
>>
>>7139754
Nothing wrong with pasteurised cheese.
It's safer for you to eat.
>>
ITT: People who don't understand how cheese culturing or sage work.
>>
I'm allergic to penicillin, so it isn't recommended for me to eat moldy cheese.
>>
>if you eat cheese
>you dont eat cheese

Nice try broham
>>
>>7139754
What if the milk from which the cheese is made is pasteurised?
>>
File: wmb-logo-500.jpg (273 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
wmb-logo-500.jpg
273 KB, 500x500
I work in the cheese industry. The reason pasteurization is important is that it kills germs that can make you very sick. Not to mention creating unappealing colors, textures, and flavors. Hippies claim pastuerizing is unnatural. Well guess what hippie: fucking mold is natural too. You wouldn't want mold growing on your cheese, would you?

The company I work for effectively double pasteurizes the cheese. The milk is pasteurized, and then is made into several different kinds of cheese (provelone, cheddar, and colby). This in turn is mixed with real dairy cream and several other ingredients, heated, and then cast into blocks. So it's not only safe to eat, but also tastes smooth with no unpleasant aftertaste (the mark of a quality cheese).

Source: 3 years making cheese in the world capital of cheese.
>>
>>7141652
That sounds like a enjoyable job.
>>
>>7141652
Wisconsin makes really fucking good cheese and Europoors can't ever taste it. Not saying European cheese is bad but fuck me if it isn't awesome to have both available.
>>
>>7141652

Isn't cheese just molded milk? Why not leave the natural mold
>>
>>7141679
rennet and mold are completely different. Moldy cheese is actually started with rennet first then is spiked with mold just after it's made.
>>
>>7139754
What's funny is the stilton in your pic is pasteurized you fucking idiot.
>>
The amount of ignorance to cheese on this board, memes aside, can be astounding.
>>
>>7141652
Your job sounds interesting, anon. What is your favorite cheese that your company makes?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.