[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>mfw drinking eggnog for the first time Why do ameriblobs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7
File: 273077543.jpg (13 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
273077543.jpg
13 KB, 225x225
>mfw drinking eggnog for the first time

Why do ameriblobs like this shit? It's awful
>>
>mfw eating plum pudding for the first time

Why didn't I find this sooner?

Oh, were you expecting me to shit on Europe?
>>
we don't like it. why does it always have to be about our americanness you fucking racist dongcopter
>>
>>7139105
This isn't a urop vs murica thread.

t. Irish anon in australia
>>
>>7139109
because life is boring in yuropoopyland
>>
>>7139100
Did you buy it at a store or did someone make it? Most store-bought eggnog is fucking horrible.
>>
>>7139138
Store bought
>>
>>7139216
Well that's probably your problem then. Do you remember what brand it was?
>>
>>7139218
Pauls
>>
>>7139100
How much rum did you put in it?
Egg Nog is just a delivery vehicle for alcohol.
>>
>>7139100
Because it's flourless cake that you can add alcohol to.

No, seriously, the founding fathers wrote about this shit. This is as close to a definitive answer as you can get.
>>
>>7139237
This.

You are supposed to cut it with rum.
>>
>>7139100
I kinda like eggnog t b h
t. australian
>>
I dont even remember when I last tried it. I gagged the last time I did. Those safeway eggnog cartons.
>>
>>7139100

Does anyone else LIKE eggnog without alcohol?
>>
stay obsessed filthy yuropoors
>>
>>7139325
Yes
>>
>>7139100
canuck here. eggnog is such a great delicacy of french/brit origin.
I can down 1L of the stuff easy, and get huge christmas farts because it did great benefits to my digestive organs.
Add some rhum, brandy, bourbon and you're in heaven.
>>
>>7140863
Fellow eggnog-loving canuck here.

Maybe ours is just different than what's available in America? I know milk tastes very different so I wouldn't be surprised.
>>
File: 1443455739783.png (2 MB, 1786x1030) Image search: [Google]
1443455739783.png
2 MB, 1786x1030
>people don't realize OP is an American and is meta-shitposting
>>
File: Woodford_Reserve_24.jpg (141 KB, 467x700) Image search: [Google]
Woodford_Reserve_24.jpg
141 KB, 467x700
>>7139100

Fuck you. Fuck your family. Fuck your opinions. Fuck your life.

If you're not making that eggnog yourself with some decent Southern Bourbon then you're a piece of shit.

>>7139325

I'll drink eggnog without the booze, but it really should get you drunk.
>>
My holiday drink is glug.
>>
>>7139100
Never been able to stomach the stuff, tastes like lukewarm vomit. I'd rather just sip straight bourbon.
>>
I've never had eggnog and it's always intrigued me. The idea of drinking booze custard is odd but I feel I should try it at least once.

Any good recipes/ratios North Ameribros?
>>
>>7139112
>Irish anon in australia
the ultimate stupid shitposter
>>
>>7140896
Don't let OP full you. Not all Americans shit post.
>>
File: eggsnogging.gif (358 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
eggsnogging.gif
358 KB, 300x225
>>7139100
>>7139325
>>7139392
No one likes it by itself, it's gross. It a seasonal thing that still exists due more to tradition rather than merit. People only drink it with majority ratio liquor. And when you're drunk, your senses are dulled.

So drink til the eggnog tastes good, and happy holidays.
>>
>2015
>not drinking Tom and Jerrys instead.
>>
>>7143537
10 egg yolks
750mL white granulated sugar (3.5 cups by volume)
750mL brandy/rum (by volume) (for non-al/ck/oholic version, use 3.5 cups of milk and 15 mL / 1 tbl of vanilla.)
10 egg whites
1 L whipping cream (35% fat content, the heavy duty stuff)
5mL (1 tsp) freshly grated nutmeg

Whip yolks together with sugar until light in color, just like you would for most batter recipes.
Add a bit of alcohol at a time, continuously mixing. Sugar will dissolve.
In clean room temperature bowl (because egg whites are a bitch to whip in a bowl with any stray oil/yolk in it), whip egg whites to stiff peak stage. Fold whites into booze/sugar/yolk mixture.
In chilled bowl, whip whipped cream until stiff. Fold *that* into the eggnog bowl along with sprinkle of nutmeg.
Store in fridge for a few hours. (If alcohol used, you can probably freeze it and the alcohol will stop it from freezing.)

There's a wide range of recipes; you can experiment with sugar content as you see fit. I'd pre-whip the eggs separately, then do 2-3 batches with varying ratios of booze/sugar to see which you like best.
>>
>>7139325
I love the southern comfort brand cut with a lil milk
>>
cinnamon whiskeeeey in that shit dude
>>
As an Australian, they've been pushing this Eggnog thing since Christmas last year and I remember basically all their stock being at 80% off not long after.

They only have a tiny amount of it this year. I sort of want to try it, so give me some recommendations on how to serve it?

So it's basically alcohol + spices right? Do you warm it up and drink it? Drink it cold? Is it like Baileys or some shit?

I do like bourbon but I feel brandy seems more festive.
>>
>>7144832
Eggnogg bought at a store usually doesn't have any alcohol in it. And is also shit, make your own.
Use cognac for the eggnog and silver rum for the whipped cream that you whip up fresh right before serving. Also grind some fresh nutmeg on top of the cream if you can get it.
>>
>>7144832

Listen to what the other anons said and try making your own to decide whether or not you like it rather than judging based on store bought products.
>>
I agree. I'm not sure if I'm was drinking shitty eggnog because there was this really nauseating after taste.
>>
File: 1443814520226.png (26 KB, 120x108) Image search: [Google]
1443814520226.png
26 KB, 120x108
>tfw ironically like eggnog by itself
>>
>Store bought nog
Ah you dumb motherfucker, you gotta make that shit fresh ground your own nutmeg.
>>
It must suck to live in such a shitty place that you have to obsess about America.
>>
>>7144832
Traditionally served cold.

Better to DIY it than to buy it store-bought. The store-bought stuff uses carrageenan and guar gum (standard, safe, effective commercial thickeners http://modernistcuisine.com/2014/07/cooking-with-syllables-carrageenan/ ) because it's cheaper and more shelf-stable than trying to whip/fold egg whites/yolks.

Worth trying both a store-bought and a homebrew recipe. The variations in flavor/texture, even between store-bought versions, are fairly wide.
>>
>tfw I just really enjoy the gooey texture of cold egg nog
I'd chug the stuff all day if it weren't so sugary.

N-no homo
>>
>>7139100

I honestly didn't know you could dislike eggnog, it's delicious.

You probably drank some European knock off or something.
>>
>>7139325
>>7143573

Good eggnog is great on it's own.
>>
tfw Australian and love this shit
I don't think it's the proper egg nog but fuck oath does it taste blimey good
>>
>>7144751
Damn that sounds delicious. I've only ever drank store bought eggnog, definitely got to try that.
>>
>>7149002
Just drink heavy cream ten. It's fucking delicious, especially if you like half whip it.
>>
>>7149305
Fuck off shitposter
>>
>>7149026
I don't understand why people ruin eggnog with booze. Must be garbage nog to begin with.
>>
Who knows why do Europoors fuck in the family? Some things will just never be solved.
>>
File: 1422283976386.jpg (27 KB, 375x375) Image search: [Google]
1422283976386.jpg
27 KB, 375x375
>>7139237
>>7139250
>tfw I read rum as cum
>>
>>7139325
I do if it's a good brand or I made it myself.

Also if you're not putting bourbon in your eggog you're doing it wrong.
>>
>>7149360
>thread about opinions
>states opinion
>shit post
I cant tell if this is a troll.
Egg nog is also a canadian Christmas tradition
Drinking cake batter out of a carton is something a lot of adults grow out off, but i still love it
>>
>>7150796
He memeing because aussies are notorious shitposters. Online and IRL.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.