[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /ck/, I'm looking for some good Hot Chocolate recipes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: hot-chocolate.jpg (479 KB, 1870x1870) Image search: [Google]
hot-chocolate.jpg
479 KB, 1870x1870
Hey /ck/, I'm looking for some good Hot Chocolate recipes for the winter. What are some of your favorites?
>>
poop
>>
File: sssswwissssssss.jpg (38 KB, 425x332) Image search: [Google]
sssswwissssssss.jpg
38 KB, 425x332
You take a packet, dump it into a cup, and this is where you can customize! I use about 75% hot water and 25% whole milk, then you just stir. Delish.
>>
>>7139088
We are on the same level.
>>
>>7139047
I like to use instant cappucino, and then add dark cocoa powder. And then some nutmeg.
>>
Heat milk(if you have an espresso machine or something like a bellman, steam it), add sugar, cocoa powder, and then any host of other ingredients(chili, cardamom, cinnamon, godiva are amaretto liqueur, etc) Its not rocket science.
>>
Add Chartreuse to why not chocolate recipe. Trust me.

Also, look up Jacques Torres chocolate. You will not regret it.
>>
>>7139088
>Delish
WA LA
>>
>>7139047
I like adding a flake to mine. Too bad I live in the US
>>
>>7139047
Add a splash of liquor to it.
De-fucking-licious.
>>
>>7139047

i used to just temper some kind of overpriced hot chocolate squares with some cream and milk. i'm 100% serious, it somehow was never as fucking good as the shitty packets of hot chocolate we use at the restaurant. just make some cocoa powder mix recipe you find off google, anything could be better than what i did
>>
It sounds weird at first, but try adding warm spices to it like cinnamon, nutmeg, and even cayenne pepper. The result is a hot chocolate that is hot in taste as well as temperature.
Here's a recipe.

http://www.budgetbytes.com/2012/10/aztec-cocoa/

Also use cream in with the milk you mix it in to make it turn out richer.
>>
>>7139545
Is there a trick to blending the spices into the milk? Whenever I do that, I just end up with a thin layer of spices floating on the top.
>>
>>7139047

ratio of 4:1 milk to chocolate chips. melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler, whisk in milk.

optional: small amounts of vanilla, salt, and sugar.
>>
>>7139555
If they do that maybe you just aren't heating the milk enough. The spices should blend in just as easy as the cocoa powder.

I admit i've never tried just adding the spices in after adding the cocoa, i always mix the spices into the cocoa mix then mix it into the milk, so maybe that would work better for you.
>>
buy lindt cooking chocolate, heat up half a cup of milk and melt the chocolate in it. then mix in cream. youre gonna get fat as shit but it tastes godly
>>
http://cravingchronicles.com/2013/01/17/rich-creamy-5-minute-microwave-hot-chocolate-for-one/

bretty good and doable relatively fast
>>
Heat up 1 Cup of full-fat milk without letting it boil
Grate 50g of dark chocolate over the milk
stir until all the chocolate is melted and serve
maybe hit it with a whisk a bit or top with a spoon of cream
using flavoured dark chocolates or adding spices is fine, too.

>>7139545
>It sounds weird at first
IDK man that's basically how the Aztecs have been doing it since forever and Europe followed suit for centuries.
Look up Xocolatl.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.