[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /ck/ think of food plating? https://www.youtube.co
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: Food plating.png (903 KB, 867x712) Image search: [Google]
Food plating.png
903 KB, 867x712
What does /ck/ think of food plating?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lp1IJiBO408
>>
don't give a f-bleep-
>>
>>7138558
I think food tastes much better on plates, although sometimes I'm in the mood for a bowl. . . .
>>
>>7138558
Stupid
>>
>>7138558

I really like it, as long as everything on the plate is meant to be eaten.
>>
>>7138558
its essential to cooking and serving others. Its one of my weak points and i wish there was more stuff that focused on it so that I could learn. Either books or videos or whatever.
>>
>>7138602
wink, wink, nudge, nudge, know what I mean? In the mood for a bowl.
>>
>>7138558
Probably one of the most pretentious things around today after modern "art".
>>
>>7138558
Complete meme
http://imgur.com/a/l1Xm4
>>
>>7138558
Plating is a part of service. I don't like the trendy smears, dots, whatever other designs made with spoons, but it can look nice even if it's played out bag-o-tricks. When it's composed nicely, where the garnish is more of an integrated part of the dish, and not just whatever pretty things someone has on hand, it is more appreciable. It used to be all about ring molds, stacks, and sprigs of herbs. Now it's smears, dots, and micro greens... such is food trend.
>>
>>7138842
Nigga you gay as fuck
>>
>>7138863
epic meme yo
>>
If you don't think your food is good enough then by all means, do some fancy plating. It will at the very least lower my expectations so I won't be as disappointed when I taste it.
>>
Why is everything "sexy" nowadays
>>
>>7138558
Good plating seems to only work with outrageously tiny portions. Video is a good case study.
>>
>>7139910
That was a sexy response. Hot.
>>
Decorating the plate is often used to try and mask a lack of proper portion size or quality. It's unnecessary.
>>
>>7139910
by "nowadays" do you mean for the past 40 years, because "sexy" isn't exactly a new thing.
>>
I hate it. Never plate your food. Unless you're some sort of fag, eating directly off your cookware is perfectly sufficient. It even cuts down on washing.
>>
>>7138558
Wankery for faggots.
>>
>>7138558
who is this qt?
>>
>>7138558

makes the plate a lot tastier
>>
If a resturant took forever to serve the food because of fancy plating techniques, I would be angry about it
Wouldn't make a big scene or anything, but I wouldn't go there again.
Just serve the food
>>
>>7138558
Only useful in competition and if I'm REALLY paying for for a meal.
>>
Dumb as fuck.
>>
>>7138635
DUDE
>>
it's a good skill to have when you are serving food to guests

it's the same reason why pale colorless thanksgiving dinners all look awful and unappetizing
>>
>>7140717
>outrageously tiny portions
flyovers please, a lot of those 'tiny portions' are part of a tasting menu of which there are many courses
>>
>plated food
>"What's this twee hipster shit? Your food isn't good enough, so you have to put it in a pretty dress? Fuck you faggot, you can't cook."

>unplated food
>"HAHAHAHA OH MAN this food looks like LITERAL SHIT. And it probably tastes like literal shit, too. Fuck you faggot, you can't cook."

/ck/
>>
Plating you say? On my /ck/ full of ramen and fast food threads?
Let me introduce you to the master of plating crap food.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzMREjzqJks
and
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t70jns9hXqQ
He only made two videos, like Marie and her authentic Italian tomato sauce and meatballs.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.