[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is your favorite vegetable and why is it broccoli?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: vegetable-04.jpg (109 KB, 1000x792) Image search: [Google]
vegetable-04.jpg
109 KB, 1000x792
What is your favorite vegetable and why is it broccoli?
>>
Because it cleans my liver almost as well as liver.
>>
carrot
>>
I like the flavor and texture of broccoli
>>
I like broccolini.
>>
>>7135937
Go back to your shitting street
>>
Mushrooms
>>
Broccoli is great but asparagus is the king
>>
>>7136356
Excellent taste.

>>7135915
Going to go with yams. Delicious and good for you too.
>>
File: San-Marzano1.jpg (220 KB, 1500x997) Image search: [Google]
San-Marzano1.jpg
220 KB, 1500x997
Fuck broccoli, it's all about tomatoes bitch. Sandwiches, soups, sauces, pizza, pasta, salsa. It's all about the almighty tomato.
>>
>>7135915
Too many to list. I eat more vegetables than any other food group.
The main vegetables that I eat more of than others, though, would be: asparagus, rapini, broccolini, sweet potatoes and yams, celery, cucumbers, radishes, turnips, swiss chard, green leaf and red leaf lettuce, spinach, carrots, tomatoes (technically a fruit, but imo it goes in both catagories), and motherfucking onions and garlic (how could anyone live without those?). But I have lots of other vegetables I love as well. Artichokes and cardoons are awesome, rutabaga is awesome, fingerling potatoes, green beans, wax beans, broccoli, cauliflower, bok choy, pak choi, yam leaves, eggplant, zucchini, yelllow squash, ALL the winter squashes, bell peppers of all colors, all of it's awesome.

Also, I eat mushrooms pretty much every single day, but since those are fungi, I didn't include them in the veg list.
>>
File: 1383182514068.png (171 KB, 396x423) Image search: [Google]
1383182514068.png
171 KB, 396x423
>>7135929

I drink lots of vodka. That cleans out my system, and even cleans my teeth (I haven’t brushed in years, and haven’t had a cavity since).

I also eat a liverwurst sandwich pretty much every day – to counterbalance the effects the vodka has on my liver. I make my sandwiches on seeded rye (because it’s the healthiest bread), with mayo (because eggs are the best protein; I use kewpie, because the msg makes it taste better), coarse mustard (good for the white blood cells), zucchini pickles (because they taste good), and a bunch of baby spinach (just for filler; it could honestly be left out).

I also eat a lot of canned fish (mostly sardines, but also the occasional fancy smoked oysters) on saltines. They give you all your essential amino acids, and provide a nice opportunity to try out various hot sauces, which are generally very low in calories, while high in flavor and immensely prodigious to healthiness.

Aside from that, I drink large amounts of water (anywhere between ice-cold to slightly chilled) every day, always through a straw, and sometimes with a lemon wedge.

To each their own, I say, but I’m just shy of 30 and am doing better than most of you.
>>
potato
>>
>>7138237
>dank meme control when?
>>
>>7138237
nice pasta
>>
Fennel

>>7138188
shan't be falling for your bait
>>
Beets
>Best root
>Best green
>>
File: ribbed_for_her_pleasure.jpg (19 KB, 352x238) Image search: [Google]
ribbed_for_her_pleasure.jpg
19 KB, 352x238
Pretty weird considering I usually hate bitter stuff.

Tomatoes and beets in 2nd and 3rd positions respectively.
>>
>>7138188
tomato is a fruit bro
>>
>>7138285
what is this?
>>
>>7138287
If it's cooked as a savory ingredient, it's also a vegetable.
Fuck off with your "look at how smart I am guise XD" bullshit.
>>
>>7138295
Bitter melon. Makes insane fried rice when blanched and sauteed.
>>
>>7135915
Red pepper, banana pepper, and cucumber desu
>>
File: capsicum.jpg (6 KB, 272x185) Image search: [Google]
capsicum.jpg
6 KB, 272x185
>>7135915
I don't mind broccoli, but capsicum is where it is at for me la.

Fucking love them no matter if they are raw or cooked
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.