[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Grilled Cheese Help!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6
File: plshelp.jpg (38 KB, 550x368) Image search: [Google]
plshelp.jpg
38 KB, 550x368
Please help me, cu/ck/s. I want to make a great grilled cheese, but I don't have a microwave. Do I boil it?

Also, grilled cheese general.
>>
Turn your toaste on its side, then put in two slices of bread with some cheese in between it.

If a fire starts, don't worry; that's just your punishment for boiling it before.
>>
File: Phil_Leotardo.jpg (28 KB, 506x316) Image search: [Google]
Phil_Leotardo.jpg
28 KB, 506x316
try the rattiador
>>
>>7135419
Thx senpai
>>
First make cheese stock in the usual way. Then add enough gelatin to create an aspic. Layer it with toasted brioche in a terrine mold and allow it to set completely before slicing. Serve with pickled girolles or ketchup.
>>
1.Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
2.Butter one side of 9 slices of bread, and place butter-side down on a baking sheet. Arrange cheese on each slice of bread. ...
3.Bake in preheated oven for 6 to 8 minutes. Flip the sandwiches, and bake an additional 6 to 8 minutes, or until golden brown.
>>
>>7135401

>grilled cheese
>microwave

wat
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlTCkNkfmRY
>>
the best grilled cheese's are when you put some shredded cheese on the outside of both buttered pieces of bread, so there's a nice crispy layer of cheese on the outside
>>
>microwave grilled cheese

oh hey /sp/
>>
Just eat it cold with some ketchup.
>>
Whyyy
>>
>>7135537
>>7135533
who is this wtf
>>
>>7135515
This, 1000 times this, took my cheese toasty game to the next level.

Also, more than one cheese inside, you have one for flavour and one for texture, i go for stuff that goes stretchy and gooey for texture and something sharp like a nice cheddar for flavour.
>>
Use mayonnaise on the outside instead of butter for God tier grilled cheese
>>
>>7136324
>>7136324
>>7136324
>>7136324
this
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 400x266) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 400x266
>>7135401
I hate you
>>
File: 1434481770480.jpg (23 KB, 730x364) Image search: [Google]
1434481770480.jpg
23 KB, 730x364
You don't want to boil it? O-okay anon, but you're missing out.

First you have to take the pieces of bread, butter BOTH sides, then put it in a steamer or rice cooker. Pressure cooker actually works best but I assume you don't have one.

After the bread is crisp (It usually takes like 10 minutes) assemble the cheese and add a bit of water. Steam until melty.
>>
>>7135401
>grilled cheese
>isn't grilled
>doesn't contain cheese
Why?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.