[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pulled Pork in Crockpot
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 7-Easy-Crock_Pot-Pulled-Pork.jpg (247 KB, 550x367) Image search: [Google]
7-Easy-Crock_Pot-Pulled-Pork.jpg
247 KB, 550x367
Hey guys, so I messed up and forgot to put my pork in the crock pot this morning so I just threw it in now, oh well, it'll still get done by tonight.

I used a Mccormick seasoning packet and the only things I did different were instead of plain water, I dissolved some chicken bouillon in the water, and I also threw a few dashes of Worcestershire sauce and liquid smoke in, along with some minced garlic and a sliced up onion.

Anyone have any other suggestions what to throw in? I've used the mccormick packet many times before and it always comes out tasty.
>>
>>7134679

Why'd you add two highly salty seasonings (The packet and the bullion) at the same time/

>what to throw in
VEGGIES. Fuck the seasoning packet, get some aromatic veggies in there for flavor.
>>
>>7134686
Honestly I just felt like it.

And only veggies I have are carrots, celery, some mushrooms, and lettuce for salads.

Thyme, rosemary, parsley? You mean things of that sort?
>>
>>7134692
that anon is being overly aggressive for some reason. he just wanted to warn you that it might be a bit salty.

carrots and pork will taste good together. onions, garlic, celery, bell peppers are aromatic vegetables. parsley, thyme, and rosemary are herbs.

you could try adding some carrots and parsley.
>>
Stick it in a normal pot instead of a crock pot
>>
broil it after its done to get it nice and crunchy
>>
>>7134679
If I'm making pork in a crockpot, I'll use pork tenderloin. Line the bottom of the crock with chopped onions. Place pork on top and add 2 tablespoons maple syrup and 2 tablespoons soy sauce for each lb of pork. Comes out delicious every time.
>>
>>7134936
Also, use an electric mixer to shred the pork once it's cooked. Easy as hell and relatively little mess (provided you keep the mixer inside the crockpot).
>>
I personally like to cook mine in mexican coca cola and add in some canned pineapple for extra sweetness. Also a couple sticks of cinnamon. Oh yeah and there are a couple chopped onions, some garlic, little bit of cumin. I don't add salt.
>>
sounds good.
>>
>>7134679
>679 [Reply]▶>>7134936

>Barbecue sauce of choice
>1/2 red onion
>1/4 white or yellow onion
>2 jalapenos
>2 tablespoons cherry preserves
>1 dash Worcestershire
>2-3 cloves garlic
>salt and pepper
>a bit of mustard or vinegar

heey
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.