[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
made some maqlouba (arabic food) consists of cauliflower, chicken
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
File: maqlouba.jpg (77 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
maqlouba.jpg
77 KB, 720x960
made some maqlouba (arabic food)

consists of cauliflower, chicken thighs, and rice with spices. now praise me
>>
2/10 for presentation but looks pretty tasty anyway
>>
>>7133668
yeah seriously OP don't get up your own ass about plating, it's a fucking rice and chicken dish, put the rice down, put the chicken on top of it, I have no idea why it's all congealed together
>>
>>7133661
>praise me

i like ur butt
>>
I'd eat it all OP
>>
>>7133661
looks liek a dodgy biryani to me
>>
Looks like regurgitated dogshit.
>>
>>7133668
this
>>
lol it looks like some type of bug eggs on a nest
>>
>no aubergine
>no tomato
As a the grandchild of non-Mohammedan sandmoolies, I am disgusted that you'd attempt to pass that off as maqlouba, you cad.

>>7133672
It's generally meant to be congealed together like that.
>>
>>7133661
>praising anyone but the One God Allah (c.c.)

reported ;)
>>
>>7133838
lol
>>
>>7133696
Is there any other kind?
>>
>>7133661
I am not a fan of pine nuts.
>>
>>7133854
Yes but it's unlikely you'll ever get served one outside of an indian home.
>>
>>7133672
OP here. It's cooked in a pot and you are supposed to get it out of the pot in once piece. You would know this if you took 1/2 a second to google the name of the dish.
>>
>>7133708
thats okay go back to eating your green peas and chicken breasts whiteboy

>>7133957

i didnt like them when I was a kid but i grew to like them as everytime i ate the dish it was made with pine nuts on top of it, so i just got used to it.
>>
I like how most Arabic dishes are rice, spices, chicken and trail mix
>>
rice looks overcooked
>>
Once again I am reminded now thankful I am to not have to have grown up in a desert culture, eating desert food.
>>
>>7135332
well yeah if you're gonna have a rice based dish you use different combinations of spices to make it not taste like water. then you sprinkle it with nuts because nuts are life
>>
>>7135354
it is supposed to be cooked to the point where it is mushy so it holds together.

>>7135357
ur missing out
>>
>>7135369

>ur missing out

Most first world countries can get everything you eat, but don't think of it as the be all end all of cuisine.
>>
>>7135380
and i can get pretty much everything everyone in the first world eats living in Dubai and most of the gulf. what's your point?
>>
>>7135389

>the one city with the biggest skyscrapers in the world and indoor skiing is representative of sand countries

You pretty much dug yourself into that hole, anon.
>>
>>7135413
if you read the rest of my comment (you complete autist) you would see that I also said "and most of the gulf".
>>
>>7133661

>pine nuts
>Arabic

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>7135444
uhh pine nuts are used regularly in jordanian and palestinian cuisine, autismo
>>
>>7133672
Maqlooba is supposed to be served like this you complete buffoon
>>
>>7135455

>Jordan
>Palestine

Places that never existed until Jewish people gave it to them. Also, there are no coniferous trees in that part of the world.
>>
>>7135661
Pine trees grow right next to my house in Jordan. They are also literally all over Lebanon. How about you do some research before spouting off shit?

Also I don't care who gave what which country, I'm talking about present day areas.
>>
>>7135661
Dude, Lebanon's flag has a pine tree on it, lol.
>>
>>7135730
>cedar
>a pine tree
>>
>>7135714

>is Jordanian
>has opinions

Okay.

:^)

>>7135730

The royal crest of the Windsor house has Lions on it, do you think there are many Lions in England outside of zoos?
>>
ITT: Shitskins arguing over shitskin food

Get gassed, all of you
>>
>>7135730

Protip: cedar trees are poisonous, hence why people line blanket chests with it as a natural pesticide. Please...do eat the seeds that fall out of that tree though, one less moron in this world.
>>
>>7135754
Okay I'm convinced you have actual retardation.

"The highlands of Jordan host forests of oak and pine, as well as pistachio and cinnabar trees."
http://www.kinghussein.gov.jo/geo_env2.html

you're right, I do have opinions. it's because I'm more intelligent than you will ever be, not that it's that much of an achievement considering you are half-retarded.
>>
File: 1448065065038.jpg (177 KB, 1024x730) Image search: [Google]
1448065065038.jpg
177 KB, 1024x730
>>7135762
Haven't you got a busy marketplace to suicide-bomb instead of arguing on the Internet, Achmed?
>>
>>7135781
>le terrorist maymay

good one, mr. creative
>>
File: spin-catfast.gif (255 KB, 730x730) Image search: [Google]
spin-catfast.gif
255 KB, 730x730
>>7135781

alluah akbar greetings from Britain
>>
File: 1448065476375.gif (1 MB, 320x265) Image search: [Google]
1448065476375.gif
1 MB, 320x265
>>7135807
salaam, effendi. Did you fuck any native coniferous trees today?
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.