[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ask a Mellow Mushroom employee anything.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 4
File: mm.jpg (400 KB, 1289x864) Image search: [Google]
mm.jpg
400 KB, 1289x864
Ask a Mellow Mushroom employee anything.
>>
Why is it so expensive?
>>
Why does your logo look like it should be from a 70s headshop?
>>
>>7133198
Why would someone shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane?
>>7133206
Premiums. Somewhat upscale decor + higher-quality ingredients and products = a bit more the customer will have to pay. I don't like the prices much either but the product is quality so I don't mind paying a little extra every now and again.
>>7133224
Part of the chain's aesthetic. It was started in 1974 by some Georgia Tech students after all.
>>
>>7133184
what state you from?
>>
>>7133248
Florida. Why?
>>
>>7133252
good icebreaker question
>>
>>7133257
Fair enough.
>>
>>7133184
Whats your favorite pizza toppings
>>
>>7133288
My go-to is meatball, banana pepper and bacon. Roasted garlic too if it's available.
>>
>>7133298
Banana peppers but no jalapeno?
>>
Did we work together at the pcb mellow?
>>
>>7133316
PCB?
>>
I'm writing a story and arbitrarily made one of my characters a worker at a Mellow Mushroom. Not to be rude and ask your income, but is the pay decent, and are there any good benefits? And do you ever wear Mellow Mushroom shirts off-duty?
>>
Do you like mushrooms?
>>
>Mellow Mushroom

Is this a flyover thing?
>>
File: sick.png (61 KB, 432x372) Image search: [Google]
sick.png
61 KB, 432x372
>>7133184
Last time I went to a mellow mushroom I saw someone's little shit kid walking around to all the empty tables licking the tops of all the parmesan cheese shakers.

I haven't used one since.
>>
>>7133347
Nah, when I was living in Tempe (Phoenix) there was one near the college campus. It's decently large city fare.
>>
>>7133342
I work minimum wage. $8.05 an hour in this state. Your character's not banking much.
>>
>>7133354
Florida right? So no state income tax?
>>
>>7133354
>$8.05 an hour

Christ, how do you Ameriguns not realize you are literally slaves. Have you ever considered how there is no fucking point in a job if it does not pay your bills?
>>
>>7133364
Florida has pretty low cost of living in most areas, like Eastern Europe low.
>>
>>7133364
minimum wage should be low. Higher minimum wage means less jobs for unskilled people, if I have to pay more for unskilled labor I am going to hire less unskilled workers.

when I was in highschool I got paid $7 an hour to walk around stacking cans on shelves in a grocery store. Didn't have to unload trucks or organize anything, just needed to level the cans.
if minimum wage was $15 an hour I would be making $0 an hour instead of $7
>>
>>7133367
>Implying that's a good thing. Enjoy living in a post-apocalyptic trailer park wasteland.

Wrong faggot, it should be a living wage for a single person. Fuck off with your "I am going to hire less..." your mom does the hiring not you, she hires your aids to change your diapers and fix you tendies, fuckboy. Enjoy paying out the asshole for people on welfare while CEOs laugh all the way to the bank. Either companies pay living wage or we keep paying for these people's welfare. Let me guess you make about a buck over minimum and like to look down on those "below" you. lol such a ravenous faggot.
>>
>>7133375
And you know what less jobs for unskilled people means? More people collecting public assistance, which means higher taxes for the taxpayers. Instead of requiring big-box hyper-corporations part with 0.01% of their profits to pay livable wages, you are literally supporting welfare of which I'm sure you like to bitch about.
>>
>>7133347
Considering it's based in Atlanta it's pretty much as opposite to flyover as you can get.
>>
File: WalmartFoodDrives.jpg (66 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
WalmartFoodDrives.jpg
66 KB, 600x450
>>7133354
Didn't figure. His fiancee's bringing most of the house funds in. Thank you very much for the insight!

>>7133364
Most do realize it, but any attempt to raise it is met with any number of ridiculous claims. For example, "40 hours of time isn't worth living wages if the work isn't skilled", "the only workers with minimum wage jobs are teenagers living with their parents", and the classic "raising the minimum wage will make it so that there are no more jobs to be had".

>>7133375
Please. If a store could manage to get by on fewer workers then those workers would already have been laid off or gone unreplaced upon others quitting. Labor is a necessary overhead.

If a store can't manage a business model without exploiting its workers and forcing them to work well over full time between multiple jobs just to get by then it deserves to go under. A similar store that can manage its finances better will take its place in the market. Businesses will have to get used to the new standard, and they will either make it work or reveal that their only means of success was being cheap assholes who lean on the government to supplement their poor workers' income.
>>
>>7133397
>requiring big-box hyper-corporations part with 0.01% of their profits to pay livable wages
And don.t forget that while making huge profits selling crappy merchandise many of these stores are given tax breaks from the government. So the people who bitch about paying unskilled labor a living wage are happy to subsidize the awful stores the unskilled have to buy their garbage from.
>>
>>7133335
Panama city beach
>>
>>7133342
Not op, but as a server or bar tender at mellow you can do alright, I made just shy of $18,000 in 6 months, with no income tax and a 4 dollar hourly wage. I worked my ass off though.
No benefits at all, other than a half off shift beer, and I still wear my shirts and haven't worked there in years.
>>
>>7133409
Agreed. That pic infuriates me. There used to be a time when companies understood how to take care of their employees. Pay them a decent wage, benefits, vacation, etc. There used to be this crazy idea that you take care of the employees, they will naturally take care of the customers. Now the model is to literally exploit workers are slaves and do bullshit like this; asking for fucking handouts from the customers.

All working people deserve to pay their bills and at least have a basic life. I don't even believe the min wage should pay for a family, but it should pay the bills for a little apartment and food for the person earning it.
>>
>>7133418
Ah, thank you very much!

>>7133423
It's gotten ridiculous. America just has so much going on right now, I can feel the derision and pity from all my friends in other countries.
>>
What's mellow mushroom?
>>
>>7133481
This, I know its a pizza place but what kind is it?
is it a buffet or sit down and take your order place?
>>
>>7133261

>The decor is a little autistic

what the fuck is wrong with you
>>
>>7133354
Jesus fucking christ, at my mellow the average employee is at least paid $9.50/hour. Although pay depends on the owner of that particular franchise, so your owner must be a stingy asshole.
>>
>>7133364
>customer service

Only teens and young adults needing a little extra money while living with their rents get customer service jobs. If you have a customer service job past 22 you are a failure at life.
>>
>>7133364
We don't have 90% of our money taken away by taxes m9. Also cost of living is low. I live in a 2 bed, 2 bath apartment (that has no one living under or over me) and rent is only 600 a month.
>>
>>7133568
Oy vey you tell him goy
>>
>>7133570
holy shit, where is this?
>>
>>7133568
Or, like me, you happened to fuck up a couple times in early adulthood but now have a pretty respectable job lined up. Stop being a cocksucker.
>>
>>7133576
>working customer service
>respectable job lined up

Keep telling yourself that bub.

>>7133575
Melbourne Florida, not OP, just another Floridian. And it's not even "ghetto" it's figuratively a baseball throw away from Viera which is full of rich houses and mansion type houses. And everyone in the apartment complex is white except 1 guy.
>>
>>7133584
Keep sucking that dick
>>
>>7133252
Are you on Colonial?
>>
>>7133595
>not getting on autismbux

It's like you don't even know how to lifehack adulthood ;)
>>
>>7133545
Sit down with pretty good pizza and DUDE DRUGS LMAO employees and decor
>>
>>7133184
Go away Stu
>>
>>7133347
Not really. More of a southern thing. Which I guess some would consider flyover.
>>
>>7133252
did you start at the one that just opened? I live 20 away from there
>>
Do you know about that old website Mellow Mushroom used to have that was made by the Homestar Runner guys?
>>
>>7133184
What the fuck is Mellow Mushroom?
>>
>>7133184
I despise drug culture. I say we should shut this place down.
>>
>>7133409
>and the classic "raising the minimum wage will make it so that there are no more jobs to be had".
In capatlism people always find the cheapest way.

Force full time employees to be offered health insurance? Everyone gets cut to part time.

Make a $15 minimum wage in certain areas? Tablets replace servers and one server serves the restaurant instead of four or more.

The minimum wage is appropriate for unskilled labor because it's cheaper than automation, but the end result of automation becoming increasingly cheap is that there will be a portion of the population that will require alternative minimum income.
>>
>>7133184
do you believe the food you make is good?
>>
Lol my buddy took a job as a dishwasher there between jobs for $7.50 an hour, they treated him like shit, he said everybody was consantly sick and he refused to eat the food. He also said the only free food they got was when a table didn't finish a pizza they'd bring it toi the back and the staff would fight over leftover table scraps like animals.

We plan to graffiti on the place later.

They had a surprisingly decent beer selection though.
>>
>>7134028
Pizza chain based in Georgia. Better than any of the other pizza I had in Georgia
>>
>>7134029
good thing nobody ever listens to you
>>
>>7133387
>no concept of how a business operates
>>
>>7133184
WTF is a mellow mushroom?
>>
>>7133988
>one that just opened

City name start with a P? Sorry, just got off work.
>>
>>7134013
THAT SHIT WAS MY JAM

I KNEW ABOUT THAT BEFORE I EVEN KNEW MELLOW WAS A THING AND NOW I WORK THERE
>>7134293
Sure do, Maui Wowie and Buffalo Chicken are my go-to specialties there
>>7134467
Dude I only get half-off during shift and 20% off off-shift. No real sense in eating during work since I'm back of house and always seeing to tasks, so if I order a pizza during shift it's cold by the time I get off. 20% off really isn't that great a deal to me for one person either.
>>
>>7133584
Floridafag here. Melbourne is a fucking shithole, all of it. It's cheap for a reason.
>>
this places food is terrible
"DUDE WEED AND PIZZA LMAO!"
"DUDE....SHROOMS....GET IT?"
>>
File: 20141205_190155.jpg (3 MB, 4160x3120) Image search: [Google]
20141205_190155.jpg
3 MB, 4160x3120
How do you guys make your sauce and crust for pizza? I've always really enjoyed the taste and texture.
Pic related.
>>
>>7137120
would not feed to a dog
>>
>>7137120
>3.25 MB
>>
Don't know why so many people are shitting on Mellow Mushroom, the one in my town is pretty good.
>>
>>7133375
This made literally no sense.
>>
>>7133184
why do you not nourish your delivery driver with food and a beverage? that dude works hard as fuck and you dont give him shit you little bitch
>>
>>7133184
Mellow mushroom sounds drug related
>I am euroschmutz
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.