[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Marco &Ramsey
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 16
File: ramsay-vs-white.jpg (60 KB, 625x490) Image search: [Google]
ramsay-vs-white.jpg
60 KB, 625x490
>Marco Pierre White on Gordon Ramsey: "I will never speak to him again. I gave him his first break in the business and I believe strongly in being loyal to people who have helped you."

What happened between them?
>>
>>7132723
Marco physically abused him

What the fuck does he expect?
>>
>>7132723
Let's just say involved a Knorr stockpots after a very frustrating service....
>>
>>7132723
Gordon went on to outstanding success, not only in the restaurant business, but as a media personality. Marco is jealous.
>>
>>7132726
as a newfag there is a lot I don't know, especially when it comes to celeb chefs. Since I been watching marco for a lil bit now, he seems like one of the most down to earth and headstrong chefs I ever seen. Apparently has a vicious past I don't know about, and has a bad reputation from his past???
>>
>>7132735
All top Chefs were abusive cunts during those days. It's no secret
>>
They resolved their differences pretty recently
>>
>>7132726
Yeah and Gordon is such a nice guy when he runs a kitchen
>>
>>7132723
the british are fucking retarded

stop worrying about those chefs and worry about others.
>>
>>7132769
who are some god chefs? Particularly american chefs?
>>
>>7132753
He's a fucking cunt too

But that's utterly irrelevant
>>
>>7132769
>the british are fucking retarded

the only relevant statement made in this thread...
>>
>>7132772

matty matheson
>>
http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2007/mar/26/foodanddrink.travelnews

This shit.
>>
>>7132735
Marco was notorious for expelling customers from his restaurant. People who were rude or who drought their kids in. I don't think he was particularly vicious, but he was (one of?) the first celebrity chef(s) to be filmed for television who had that type of "no nonsense" attitude.

>>7132723
I can't tell if you're the knorr shitposter or not. If you are, then hahahah you are very clever.
If not, then:
All I've heard Marco say is that Gordon crashed his wedding with his television camera crew. Which is pretty lame. And that is why he "will never speak to him again".
Source: I spent a lot of time watching all of his youtube videos. He says it in one of them.
>>
>>7132836
That's a pretty shitty thing to do. Weddings are expensive as hell. Can't Ramsay stop attention whoring and making everything about himself for one minute?
>>
>>7132735
>put my foot right in her face and grab it with my toes
>>
>>7132840
Yep, but then again, make hay while the sun shines i guess. $$$

Maybe I was wrong about the youtube video??
Must have read it in this interview:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink/3334070/Marco-Pierre-White-I-will-never-speak-to-Gordon-Ramsay-again.html

>It particularly bothered Marco that Ramsay used one of his former’s boss’s analogies about footballers and chefs, and then turned it against him. “I had given an interview in which I said that just as not all good footballers make good managers, not all good chefs make good restaurateurs, then I read an interview he gave and saw that he was saying exactly the same thing but implying that I was a good chef but not a good restaurateur.”

>Then there was the issue of Ramsay turning up at Marco’s wedding to Mati with a camera crew in tow — without permission from either the bride or groom. “In fact, the first we knew about it was when we switched on the television to watch one of his programmes and saw footage of our big day on the screen. Now, that is disgusting behaviour, isn’t it? You tell me. Is that the correct way to treat a so-called friend? I don’t think so.”
>>
>>7132816
>matty matheson
that guy is a canadakek isnt he?
>>
>>7132880
fuck off knorr stock pot shill
>>
>>7132772
Wylie Dufresne
Chris Young
Mario Batali
Dave Arnold
Harold McGee
umm...
there's more just can't think of them.

Really depends on your definition of "chef" and "god". I don't think that any I listed are great restaurateurs. Think Dufresne has a Michelin star.
>>
>>7132880
If the first they knew about it was when they watched it, them they didn't crash or disrupt the wedding. Why such a big deal?
>>
>>7132927
hahahah you are very clever.

>>7132931
Forgot Thomas Keller, and I'm going to take Julia Child in the same way that I would take Alfred Hitchcock, rectally. And Einstein.

Also, on topic, this story cracks me up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59izFlDdztI
>>
I heard a story about White from a chef I worked with once

>him and a friend were new to his kitchen
>friend is cooking some kind of soup
>White approaches
>"How long has this soup(?) been cooking?"
>"9 seconds, chef"
>White hastily delivers a punch that apparently breaks friend's nose and gives him two black eyes
>yells something like "I told you, no more than 7 seconds!"

Could be bullshit, but he's meant to one of the worst people in the country to work for.
>>
>>7132887
Canada=America
>>
File: 1448869052197.gif (173 KB, 182x250) Image search: [Google]
1448869052197.gif
173 KB, 182x250
>British """""""""""""""""""""chefs""""""""""""""""""""
>>
Why are all british chefs such fucking memes?
>>
>>7132954

because they obviously can't cook so they need to be edgy and/or gimmicky faggots to see popularity
>>
File: guy45143.jpg (40 KB, 149x255) Image search: [Google]
guy45143.jpg
40 KB, 149x255
>>7132952
>American """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""chefs"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
>>
>>7132941
Because it's a shitty thing to do to a friend... capitalize on their wedding day to make a buck.
It's disrespectful.
It's not a big deal, to you or me, but it wasn't our wedding day.

>>7132944
>Could be bullshit
You think?

I've been broken before by chefs. And I've broken people as a chef. It's never physical, it's psychological. I don't do it anymore. Stopped giving me a boner, started giving me guilt. I think it's something that is done in youth.
>>
>>7132976
The dude with glasses is gay, right? He looks like he has aids desu
>>
>>7132976
>implying alton brown isn't top tier
lmao, go stick your dick in some halal stock pots fag
>>
>>7132983
Dear God, if you really exist, please give Alton AIDS.
Amen.
>>
>>7132979
Personally I wouldn't care, as long as it was tasteful.
>>
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 530x398) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 530x398
>>7132987
Alton prays with his family before meals in public.
Not saying god chooses sides, but
>>
>>7132967
>British losers
>>
>>7132931
>Mario Batali

This guy is kind of a god

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZBQrBcrShM
>>
>>7133037
>his prayer to not get AIDS is stronger than my prayer for him to get AIDS.
>>
>>7133058
>6x the population
>4x number of stars

wew
>>
>>7133058
>>7133119
Fags, please go away. No one cares but you two homos.

>>7133125
I'm getting AIDS from reading the aforementioned faggotresses' faggotry posts.
>>
>>7132967

>taking my response and reversing it as if it's an original post and not looking retarded is """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""contributing"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
>>
>>7133119
>British get 104 years to try and measure up to Michelin star standards (1911
>America gets 10 (2005)
>>
>>7133144
>no one has ever put an excessive amount of quotation marks in a 4chan post before
>wow how """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""original""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
im not even british!
>>
>>7133167

>continuing to copy my posts

easy there faggot, don't make yourself look like too much of a cockface
>>
File: 420GB.jpg (109 KB, 699x699) Image search: [Google]
420GB.jpg
109 KB, 699x699
Wow you guys went and mucked up this thread.

Why did you do it?
>>
>>7133194

Because I honestly believe Brits have no business posting on a food and cooking board because they have no concept of food or cooking.
>>
>>7133207

>Stay mad cooklet
>>
>>7133207
OK, that's fine but at least take them down in a tasteful manner don't just shit post because then that gives us non-brits bad names.
>>
>>7133207

The fact that you still believe in some WW2-era rationing myth of british food being bland just highlights how much of a retard you are.
>>
>>7133266
I have a hard time disagreeing since when I think british food I think fosh and chops with a cup of earl grey.
>>
>>7133271
That's like saying when you think of american food, you think of some cheap 40% beef burger with a slice of american 'cheese' on it.

Just because you're ignorant in a subject matter, it doesn't invalidate the cooking of a country.
>>
>>7133037
A guy from the deep south has strong christian beliefs. In other news water is wet.
>>
File: Is this nigga serious.jpg (244 KB, 1846x1212) Image search: [Google]
Is this nigga serious.jpg
244 KB, 1846x1212
>>7133278
You have a point but it went over my head because of my ego. You could have made a stronger argument if you had listed tasteful examples.
>>
>>7133207
>>7133160
>>7133144

>posts about british food being bad
>hires british chef to go to shit american restaurants to make them decent/good.
>>
>>7132931
Are any of the American Michelin chefs known for their temper?
I can't imagine Thomas Keller going on a tirade against anyone.
>>
>>7133287
forgot I was the scouting agent for FOX networks...
>>
>>7133287
People are just watching the show for the drama not to actually see Ramsay succeed. Why do you think people still chuckle over Amy? Pepin thinks it's all bullshit anyways.

http://www.thedailymeal.com/how-reality-tv-cooking-shows-get-it-wrong
>>
>>7133292
No.
And the only chefs "known" for their anger are celebrity TV chefs. It's a fucking trade skill. All that hoop and holler is bullshit. Different generation. No one wants to work in a kitchen with that degree of stress. It's hard enough just putting the tickets out in a slammed place, let alone listening to someone's ego haranguing about petty shit. It doesn't bode well, a kitchen run like that. Doesn't serve the customers either. Angry food tastes angry.
>>
>>7133292
but, having said
>>7133338
Thomas Keller wouldn't have to go on a tirade. His sous would.
And you might get your ear bent, if you're fucking something up, but chances are you're not going to get through your appreticeship of stage phase if you are that bad.
>>
>>7133338
This. I worked in kitchens both chain and 'fine dining' to pay for undergrad and while their was plenty of drama and shitty behavior it's not that much worse than a white collar job.

It actually came back to bite me in the ass. I got into the medical field a couple years ago and I thought I was ready to handle the drama. Fuck me, no. So many university doctors are like highly functional sociopaths. And nobody ever reports anything because they don't want to risk residency.
>>
>>7132931

>harold mcgee

what
>>
File: meme8eb7e72aecaf6ca2.jpg (164 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
meme8eb7e72aecaf6ca2.jpg
164 KB, 500x500
>>
>>7133125
Why do we hate Alton? I'm a newfag and haven't encountered this meme yet
>>
File: 1238060906197.jpg (2 KB, 126x126) Image search: [Google]
1238060906197.jpg
2 KB, 126x126
>Wow, yet another thread on /ck/ that has been successfully derailed by Americans
>>
>>7133271
>>7133278
Maaan the guy mentions fish and chips and earl grey without degrading them or insinuating they're bad by memewriting and then you gotta go and write 40% beef burger and """""cheese""""'. I bet you'd kick in a boxing match.
>>
>>7133432

he insinuated that they were bland.
>>
File: tony and marco.jpg (128 KB, 1723x973) Image search: [Google]
tony and marco.jpg
128 KB, 1723x973
>watching layover in London and this happens
>Marco takes a shot at Ramsey and Tony has a giggle

Holy fuck this episode was awesome.
>>
File: demons allowed in hollywood.jpg (395 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
demons allowed in hollywood.jpg
395 KB, 1920x1200
>>7133441
It was actually open ended - I wrote it like that on purpose. Your cynicism lead you to the assumption that I insinuated they were bland. You've let the darkness into your heart.
>>
>>7133460

the most reasonable way of parsing your post is that you 'have a hard time disagreeing' with the idea that british food is bland. it's not cynicism, learn what that word means.
>>
File: 1429379938864.jpg (124 KB, 563x1000) Image search: [Google]
1429379938864.jpg
124 KB, 563x1000
>tfw another day as a manlet
>>
>>7132931
>mario batali

thats a good one thanks anon
>>
>>7133448
Is that Trisha's? lel
>>
>>7133466
I looked up the definition and I did indeed use the word incorrectly, thanks for the heads up. Now I wont make that mistake ever again out of fear of sounding pessimistic.
>>
File: funny guy.png (1 MB, 1344x754) Image search: [Google]
funny guy.png
1 MB, 1344x754
>>7133497
Yes, it is! LMAO

pic unrelated
>>
>>7133487
Marco once employed Mario.

Marco was running a kitchen and was given £500 a week to spend on labour. The owner expected him to employe a team of 3-4 chefs and a pot wash. Instead he paid himself £400 a week and hired one chef which was Mario. He says he "broke him down, mentally and physically".
>>
>>7132723
Ramsay tried to make stock without a Knorr stockpot
>>
File: 1448629647666.png (541 KB, 393x631) Image search: [Google]
1448629647666.png
541 KB, 393x631
Like some other anon said, Ramsay crashed Marcos wedding with a camerca crew.
>>
ramsey acts like a hardcunt but i would rather fight him than marco

marco is a propper hard cunt
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.