[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whole Roasted Chickie
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
Hi ccks...

So someone just moved in to my apartment and I want to make them a whole roasted chicken as a welcoming meal. What should I do to it to make them really happy and satisfied (it's a man that moved in if that makes any different I know you guys sometimes say it makes a difference)?
(Nothing crazy, just a tried and true satisfying joyful recipe for a whole chicken in an oven thx)
>>
>>7132628
Are you female?
>>
>>7132631
>thx
Clearly
>>
>>7132631
1P it don't matter, I don't need to be impressed and happy from the chicken it's him. Just assume I'm whatever suits.
>>
>>7132637
Then I recommend just cookies or something. An entire meal, especially an entire cooked chicken, is weird t b h
>>
>>7132643
no no no you see he bought some groceries and one is a whole chicken and he doesn't like to cook very much. But I want to give a good meal with it.
>>
>>7132649
If you want to do something nice for him, then just sit on his face, if you know what I'm saying
>>
>>7132653
PLEASE OF COURSE I ALREADY DO THAT STUFF FOR HIM this is a cooking board
>>
>>7132649
>go to any nearby supermarket
>buy the roasted chicken they have there, the nicest one you see
>buy it
>freeze whole chicken
>serve store bought roasted chicken
>???
>profit
>>
>>7132628

Are you trying to get the D?
>>
>>7132659
So you're dating this guy? Why not say that at first
>>
>>7132663
There's a raw whole chicken sitting in my fridge cook!
I can't not cook but I just thought there were some people on this board who were more knew about cooking stuff like a whole chicken. I lived alone or with people who made their own food for pretty much my whole adult life so I just wanted to do a special good meal and no one has a recipe honestly is that what you do just buy a pre cooked chicken and pretend you are being nice to someone? That is such crap and they can just buy it themselves if that's what they want! Clearly I want to cook the raw whole chicken but I just am not sure if there is something spectacular someone has up their sleeve I don't just want to stuff it's butt with a lemon and garlic injection or sit it on a can of goddamn lager I wanted it to be like aight joyous meal for real
>>
>>7132628
Go nuts op

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/83557/juicy-roasted-chicken/

It'd probably pair well with some roasted potatoes
>>
>>7132667
yeah that was a bad decision on my part. I thought the way I said it would be the most direct but I guess not.

>>7132666
Good question. Respect.
>>
>>7132682
Tell us about the sex
>>
File: 4c-chickenhead-201.gif (138 KB, 300x100) Image search: [Google]
4c-chickenhead-201.gif
138 KB, 300x100
>>7132677
>>
>>7132628
It's a roasted chicken you want to cook? This is pretty basic stuff. Just google? Follow the most basic recipes you find without trying to make it better. Do this a few times until it's not a big deal that you're cooking a roasted chicken. Then experiment if you feel like it. Trying too hard is what makes good, simple dishes suck.
>>
>>7132628
don't neglect the pan gravy.
>>
>>7132628
add garlic and roasted vegetables
>>
You may wish to take some pointers from this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0IGkZYxsf8
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.