[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do with overripe pears?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: pears.jpg (332 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
pears.jpg
332 KB, 700x525
I have around 15 overripe harry & david pears. what can i do with them?

I've googled some muffin and sauce recipes, but other ideas welcome. I rather not throw them out since they're really tasty, I just have a hard time eating so many in a short period of time.
>>
>>7131959

Harry and David is a shite chocolatier, I didn't know they went into farming.
>>
Just eat them
>>
-pear butter

-you could still make a balsamic-onion sauce with them, just peel and core as best you can and throw them in with the onions after they've caramelized a bit. The sauce will be thick and chunky but will still taste the same

-puree in a blender and spread it smoothly on a parchment-lined baking sheet, bake at a low heat in the oven until it turns to fruit leather

-pear vinaigrette for salads
>>
>>7131959
Ferment them.
Either pear cider vinegar or lactofermented pear.
>>
Pie or crumble should be good too.
>>
I blizted 3 overripe pears, a banana and a red chilli with some orange juice and it was pretty tasty
>>
Check out Punkdomestics.com and SBCanning.com for recipes and ideas.
>>
Jam
>>
>>7131991
thanks a bunch, the balsamic onion sauce and pear vinaigrette sounds really good!

>>7132003
i'm not adventurous enough to try fermenting stuff yet, but maybe in the future. do you have any tips from experience?

>>7132130
i'll check it out, thank you!
>>
>>7132174
Fermenting is extremely easy and equally healthy for you. Do it, you'll be shocked how easy it is and dismayed more people don't do it because you WILL notice the health benefits.
>>
>>7131959
Eat them idiot
>>
put them in your ass
>>
>>7131959
Throw them at people on beaches, be prepared to haul ass running fast in case you score hits and they try to chase you.
>>
>>7131965
I thought they were famous for their royal riviera pears? Pretty sure their other products are just them trying to branch out of just selling seasonal pears.

Those pears are fucking amazing, too expensive though.
>>
>>7131959
Pear sauce. Cook down like apple sauce
>>
What about just making a tarte tartin with them?
>>
Pears foster
Deep Fried pears
grilled pears
Pear milkshake
Pear Pancakes
Pear cake
Pear bread
Pear masturbation sleeve

The possibilities are endless.
>>
File: Pear Tarte Tatin.jpg (23 KB, 400x200) Image search: [Google]
Pear Tarte Tatin.jpg
23 KB, 400x200
>>7134100
This.

Very easy and fucking delicious.
>>
>>7131980
This. Overripe pear is best pear.

Unless you're talking "they're getting brown spots and squish in your hand" ripe.
>>
>>7134100
>>7134155
I never go the point of tarte tatin. They're apple pies but the apples still have the stems and cores in. Sure the caramel and baking upside down thing is nice, but why can't you use properly decored apples/pears?
>>
>>7131959
http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2014/02/pear-cardamom-caramel.html

Made this a while back. It's godly!
>>
Make a compote
>>
>>7132003
Fruit doesn't really lacto ferment very well. It's too full of sugar. You can add some fruit to something like sauerkraut, but the fruit can't be the main component.
>>
>>7134539
It's absolutely possible to lactoferment fruit.
It's a bit more sensitive than vegetables, some do better than others... Being too acidic is a bigger concern than the sugar content.
Fruit will ferment faster and won't keep as long in the fridge (unless you want alcohol or vinegar).
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.