[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Popin Cooking and Similar
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: popin.jpg (104 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
popin.jpg
104 KB, 1280x720
They taste like sugar and more sugar and may make you ill after but are strangely addicting. Anyone else tried popin cooking?
>>
I want to try it, but I don't want to have to pay to import a product that's already pretty overpriced.
>>
>>7131908
>They taste like sugar and more sugar and may make you ill after but are strangely addicting
pretty sure you aren't supposed to eat them, you just make them and have little toys afterwards
>>
>>7131908

I bought an assortment pack of them on Amazon. They were a lot of fun. They weren't bad-tasting IMHO but certainly one of those things where the journey is more important than the destination, if you know what I mean.
>>
>>7131972
Different product, anon.
>>
>>7131963
You can find them in candy stores.
>>
File: kracie.jpg (11 KB, 236x236) Image search: [Google]
kracie.jpg
11 KB, 236x236
None of the japanese novelty candies I've tasted have ever been delicious where I've wanted to finish the product.

I tried pic related. Not really worth what I paid to ship it here. The process of making the candy was cool, but overall not pleasant to taste after a few small nibbles.
>>
>>7132013
I like the chewy milk candies. They're not particularly amazing, just unique and I've yet to find a domestic equivalent. Original/vanilla flavor is best. Chocolate is worst, it's pretty much a tootsie roll.
>>
>>7131972
Maybe you are thinking of Konapun?
I love these, so strangely hypnotic to watch. http://youtu.be/ujhseHCwWhE?list=PLA3BF00C1D576A684
>>
>>7131972
Yeah they are edible. But it is pretty much straight up sugar and flavourings so not the healthiest stuff.

The best tasting one I had was the fish eggs from the sushi but that may have been because I liked the popping ball structure. Those were also really fun to make.
>>
>>7132107
If you like that kind of texture you could look into sphereification/reverse sphereification- then you could make pretty much any flavorful fluid into little popping spheres.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.