[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What should be stuffed inside jalapeno poppers? I like cream
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: poppers.jpg (20 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
poppers.jpg
20 KB, 480x360
What should be stuffed inside jalapeno poppers?

I like cream cheese in mine
>>
a little secret sauce from the cook ;)
>>
I like cheddar filled and....wait for it........dip them in thousand island

seems weird but thats the way a mexican restaurant here serves them and I have been converted
>>
Cream cheese or cheddar

semen if you're a yuropooor.
>>
>>7131504
no lewd pls
>>
>>7131511
I'm talking about worcestershire sauce? how is that lewd?
>>
>>7131497
muh dik
>>
>>7131497
If you're doing them on the grill (not breaded/fried), I really like to put a shrimp in mine.
>>
>>7131511
Fuck off tumblr
>>
File: image.jpg (12 KB, 245x138) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12 KB, 245x138
>>7131556
That idea rules
>>
>>7131508
>1K dipping sauce
I'm intrigued at this idea....I shall try with my next cheat meal...But if I'am disappointed...may god have mercy on your soul...
>>
>>7131497
Goat cheese
>>
>>7131497
Chicken meat
>>
File: pigs_feet_extra_value.jpg (28 KB, 236x414) Image search: [Google]
pigs_feet_extra_value.jpg
28 KB, 236x414
>>7131497
Pigs feet, now with 30% extra value.
>>
>>7131569
>hates tumblr when in fact is triggered by anything vaguely resembling it

you make no sense at all and the person you're replying to was joking.
>>
>>7131833
>Pigs feet

They were good enough for Pierre Koffmann
>>
>>7131856
If I get to London I'd check his place out, it seems like the kind of place with a ten month waiting list and that's a hassle.
>>
>>7131497
What's the trick to getting the cheese to stay inside instead of running all over during the grilling/baking? I've tried bacon wrapped ones but they never turn out very well for some reason ...tasty but really damn messy
>>
>>7131856
I have some friends in London and I think that if I made the effort to get there from NYC then they'd take me to some local joints without pretence. I'd do it for them in NYC too.
>>
>>7131901

Don't overcook them. They should already be off the heat by the time the cheese is runny enough to make a mess.

There's also the obvious: when you bake/grill them, make sure that the slit into which you stuffed the cheese faces up.
>>
>>7131497
I prefer chedder, but it's one of the great debates of the food world which cheese reigns supreme for poppers.

I've also had grilled poppers that were just jalapeƱos stuffed with cream cheese and wrapped in bacon. Very tasty.
>>
>>7131497

I blanch the peppers first, which takes away some of the heat. So to compensate I usually add pepper-jack cheese into the cream cheese base. Sometimes I'll add some bacon and/or green onions to the filling.
>>
>>7132875

Another good one is chevre and prosciutto. Add some chopped up dates and you're in heaven.
>>
Stuffed with garlic and herb goat cheese, wrapped in bacon and roasted.
>>
>>7131901
I cut the tops off, use a thin knife to scrape the seeds out, and then fix the top back on using toothpicks.

As for filling, I use a half and half ratio of cream cheese and cheddar, sometimes with bacon bits.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.