[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think of this garlic bread, /ck/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: D7tVesn.jpg (377 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
D7tVesn.jpg
377 KB, 1600x1200
What do you think of this garlic bread, /ck/?
>>
>>7131192
Looks tasty as fuck.
>>
looks like it came frozen in a box
>>
>>7131195
This.
>>
>>7131195
I came in your mom's frozen box
>>
>>7131192
Put some chicken parm on it and go to town. I got some garlic bread last night w/chicken parm, there's only one little piece of it left.
>>
It's definitely Wal-Mart garlic bread. 2/10 would eat but regret later.
>>
>>7131195
Actually, steakhouse garlic bread > storebought > homemade
No idea why storebought garlic bread taste better. More butter than homemade? I love the soggy storebought ones.
>>
>>7131192
Texas toast or nothing. I can't eat garlic bread anymore
>>
>>7131233
Have you ever considered that you're a texas fag?
>>
>>7131201
OOOOH, GOTTEM
>>
>>7131192
would eat/10
>>
>>7131239
Only steers and queer come.Texas cowboy and you don't look much like a steer to me
>>
>>7131192
Garlic bread is relic from half a century ago when both garlic and French bread were still novelties in many parts of the country. Today it's as relevant as pasta sauce from a jar or frozen pizza. Beyond kitsch there's no reason to eat the stuff.
>>
File: ddb.png (679 KB, 600x825) Image search: [Google]
ddb.png
679 KB, 600x825
>>7131284
>>
>>7131287
Every time this is posted I read it. I love it.
>>
>>7131290
The monthly My Little Pony giveaway and the wizard shirt kill me every time.
>>
>>7131284
>Today it's as relevant as pasta sauce from a jar or frozen pizza

So 100% relevant. Thanks.
>>
File: chefboyardee.jpg (30 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
chefboyardee.jpg
30 KB, 480x480
>>7131325
How low will you go?
>>
File: tfw too small to meme.jpg (901 B, 30x24) Image search: [Google]
tfw too small to meme.jpg
901 B, 30x24
>>7131284
I'll bite.

"It tastes good" <--- There's your reason to eat the stuff.
>>
Garlic Bread?
>>
>>7131371
>It tastes good
If you say so.
>>
>>7131380
What's not to like about toasted bread with garlic, butter and herbs on it?
>>
>>7131362
When you live abroad for years, you really come to appreciate stuff like this. I'd happily pay $5 for a can.
>>
>>7131389
In principle it's fucking brilliant. In practice you will almost never come across an example made from anything but shit quality bread. And all too frequently garlic powder stands in for the real thing. Garlic bread is a great idea that is almost always ruined because the standard set for it is so fucking low.
>>
>>7131407
So make it yourself. Make your own bread or get some decent bread from a bakery, make some garlic butter with fresh garlic and herbs. Problem solved.
>>
>>7131208
>steakhouse garlic bread > storebought > homemade

The takeaway here shouldn't be that homemade garlic bread is terrible, it should be that you need to learn to cook better.
>>
>>7131395
Ugh. I haven't eaten that since I was a very small child for a reason. Tried some the other day and it tasted like ass.

I understand missing home, but why not miss the non-shit things about your homeland?
>>
>>7131407
Why would you ever in gods name buy something as easy to make as garlic bread?
>>
Guys, guys. This is not so hard.

1. Buy some garlic.
2. Smash garlic a bit to remove skin.
3. Smash garlic harder to crush.
4. Finish mincing with knife.
4.5 Use a whole bulb of garlic here.
5. Put a stick of butter in bowl with garlic.
6. Melt butter, stir.
7. Brush on inside of a loaf of Italian bread (or whatever) cut lengthwise.
8. Put in 400F oven until toasty.

Now you can make better garlic bread than shit from a box or honestly most shitty restaurants.
>>
>>7131413
>So make it yourself.
The question is why. I can't think of a situation where any meal I'm making requires that much extra filler.
>>
>>7131192

Get a bulb of garlic and decapitate it. Make a nice little aluminum foil coffin for it with the top open. Douse it with some aluminum foil. Seal it up and put it in the oven at 400F for an hour. Take it out, let it cool, then you squeeze out the nicely roasted garlic like it was toothpaste onto your toasted focaccia and you are good to go.
>>
>>7131438
Because it tastes really good?

Frozen boxes of Texas Toast are filler, but garlic bread can actually be delicious.
>>
>>7131438
Use it as the starch for pretty much any savory meal. Instead of rice or potatoes or pasta as a side, have garlic bread.

Make a steak or some chicken or some pork and a salad or some other vegetable side and some garlic bread.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.