[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone have that problem where their family are not just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: images (26).jpg (12 KB, 385x382) Image search: [Google]
images (26).jpg
12 KB, 385x382
Does anyone have that problem where their family are not just picky, but incredibly narrow in the food they want to eat?

Like I'm expected to bring food to gatherings but... Well here are examples.
One yeah I bought dips. Hummus (one person objected because they didn't like garlic even though there was barely any in it), cashew cheese (it was eww until I explained it was cashews and then suddenly it was tasty), pate (literally everyone refused to try it).
One year I made glazed ham and nobody would eat the skin even though that was the best part.
Recently I made duck and nobody wanted to eat it because eww ducks.
Last year I made a terrine and nobody wanted to try it after I explained what it was.

I don't get it. Inb4 your cooking is shit. Naah, it's objectively pretty good. Is I just a white flyover plebs thing?
>>
they're probably just trying to be as nice to you while avoiding your badly cooked "food"
>>
You have a good concept of what they won't like but make it anyway. That would seem to be your problem.
>>
I fucking hate when people refuse to try food. It's cool if you don't like it, but I have friends who will come over for dinner or go to a restaurant and refuse to try anything. I made jambalaya once and my roommate who has never had it or anything like it just kept repeating "no, I won't like it, I know I won't like it" even though I swear I've seen her eat all of the ingredients of it individually at some point. She just said no based on the fact she'd never had it before. Same deal with sushi, omelettes, any food of mexican origin, any fish, any dish containing broccoli. She wouldn't eat anything that had VISIBLE onions, doesn't matter that practically everything she ate had onions in it but if she could SEE them, it was disgusting and inedible. Overall just had a super shit food taste, only ate ramen and ice cream.

Picky eaters are so irritating. Just ask them what they want you to bring, or don't bring anything. When someone already has their mind made up about a food, there's no point trying to convince them to try or like it.
>>
>>7130689
>cashew cheese
Gesundheit.
>>
>>7130689
Just bring a sack of mcdonalds burgers. They'll think you're awesome.
>>
>because eww ducks.

What

They seems to have some really tight issues.
>>
>>7130689
im not much of a hummus fan but the rest of that sounds good 10/10 would let you cook for me senpai
>>
File: DuckConfitPoutune.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
DuckConfitPoutune.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>7130902

This.

Fuck.

Duck is my favourite meat.
>>
>>7130689
This is why I no longer cook for my mother-in-law. I've taken a policy of not caring that she's a picky menopausal woman and declaring "This is what I'm making, eat it or go hungry." Basically treating her like a spoiled kid. I think the fact that she can't cook for shit is what makes it work, but it's been a lot easier/more relaxing since I stopped trying to cater to her. Might be tougher if the whole family is that way though. It sucks when people refuse to appreciate or even try actually well-prepared food that you put work into.
>>
>>7133048
Duck poutine? In what classy part of Canada can I obtain this treasure?
>>
What's your cashew cheese recipe?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.