[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
German food
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6
File: feeding_time.jpg (63 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
feeding_time.jpg
63 KB, 960x640
Can we get a list of the best German foods preferably around the Munich area but any part is fine. Anything from fast food to street food to high end cuisine.
>>
Ritter Sport Knusperflakes
>>
File: Godly.jpg (486 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Godly.jpg
486 KB, 1024x768
Currywurst and pommes frites with mayo or pommes sauce (which is still basically mayo).
>>7130535
>Knusperflakes
Solid, but Rum Trauben Nuss is superior.
>>
File: alltheway.jpg (142 KB, 1022x594) Image search: [Google]
alltheway.jpg
142 KB, 1022x594
>>7130482
'puckin purray.
>>
amerisemen
>>
Just gotta ask...inquiring minds want to know:
What's German vegetarian cuisine like?
BESIDES BEER
>>
>>7130595
I don't think currywurst is really a Bavarian thing. I mean they'll have it, but it's not really the regional thing down there. IMO The regular bratwurst (Nuremberger or weisswurst) is a million times better anyway.

In the near 5 years I spent in Bavaria I don't think I ever had anything bad. I literally would just point at random to shit on the menu and it was always delicious. That said I always enjoyed the Puten (Turkey steak), Schnitzel (Veal or pork steak pounded thin and breaded), and I was a big fan of the tomatten creme supper (tomato cream soup) or Leberknodl suppe (liver dumping soup, it's just a big meatball in broth). Also I LOVE the bavarian style of potato salad it's nothing like the american kind, no mayo, it's vinegary/mustardy. Speaking of mustard, the salads there are god-tier imo
>Paper thin cucumber slices
>grated carrot
>dressing made in-house ALWAYS
The Senf dressing was my favorite, it's like a honey mustard style, but it's all good.
And if you're drunk you have to get a Döner. They're not German, they're Turkish, but Turks are like the Mexicans of Germany, making delicious cheap drunk food. order it Mit Kase und viel sosse (with cheese and extra sauce the garlic white sauce they put on it is heavenly.)
>>
Leberkaese Semmel
Weisswurst
Augustiner beer
Schnitzel
Schweinehaxn
Schweinebraten

not German but try a Doner Kebab
>>
File: 4127_laugenbrezel_mit_butte.png (506 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
4127_laugenbrezel_mit_butte.png
506 KB, 800x600
http://www.bayerische-spezialitaeten.net
>>
good thread. im going to munich in a few days with some friends so need good food suggestions.
>>
>>7130777
>im going to munich in a few days with some friends

Wait...so am I.

Is Munich just going to be full of 4chan this weekend or something? God damn it.
>>
>high end cuisine

There's about a dozen Michelin starred restaurants in Munich. Some do mostly classic French cuisine, some are described as modern, creative (whatever that is..) and some do traditional German. Never been there but I think Schuhbecks does many traditional German dishes cooked on a high level.

Cant' find an English language link atm but this should give you a few names to look for:
http://restaurant.michelin.de/restaurants/deutschland/munchen/sterne-restaurants/
>>
>>7130725
That's a tough one. Most vegetarians turn to mediterranean or middle-eastern cuisine for their meals. That being said, we have a whole lot of great cheeses, soups that can be made without meat such as pea or bean stew, and a thousand different ways to prepare eggs.
The bigger supermarkets offer a few new vegetarian or vegan options every two weeks.
>>
>>7130866
Most traditionally made cheeses in Europe are made with animal rennet and thus not technically vegetarian.
>>
>>7130890
That has changed over the past couple years. It's almost always rennet produced by bacteria now, at least in most common cheeses you can get in a supermarket.
>>
Not a bavarian, but maybe visit Viktualienmarkt. It's maybe like a farmer's market, but you can also eat their. Mostly regional, but also international food,

Also in my opinion munich hasn't the best food Bavaria has to offer. The Region of franconia has way better food, wines and beer.

Also note: Weisswurst traditionally is a breakfast dish.

Don't go to Hofbräuhaus, it's a tourist's trap
>>
>>7130896
Yeah went there as a group of five and they wanted to split us in between four tables. We left.
On the other hand I had great experiences in every restaurant with a brewerys name.
Take public transportation, embrace the expensive, eat Leberkas mit Spiegelei und Kartoffelsalat, get smashed on delicious beer.

Also it's not german (i think), Kaiserschmarrn is really good.
>>
>>7130482
Isn't throwing a banana at black people racist in Europe? Happens to black soccer players.
>>
>>7130944
I think I'm a closeted racist, but actually I'm just a racist: the post
>>
>>7130950
I'm a little bitch who can't take a light hearted joke: the post.
>>
>>7130950
Even if I was, you would have to pay me to go anywhere near a sports stadium. I like bananas though.
>>
>>7130944

Note to self: no bananas.
>>
>>7130482

>München

Go to the Hofbräuhaus faggot.
>>
>>7130482

Sorry no one liked your posting on reddit a few months ago.

:^(

https://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comments/3qp9s2/austrian_police_officer_throwing_banana_to_a/

Gotta love that bait and slander against the German people though. 4chan is always a class act of disinformation.
>>
>>7131001
Not my thread I only used that picture because the only pictures I have on my phone that relate to Germany are pictures of Hitler.
>>
>>7131023

>muh Hitler meme

Almost a century ago, tike to find a new scapegoat and rationalization for your shortcomings.

This isn't /pol/.
>>
>>7131026
Bush
>>
>>7131032

You're pathetic.

:^)
>>
>>7130941
There aren't many german staple foods, because of the different regional traditions. So Schmarrn or Kaiserschmarrn is from the South, where a lot of dishes mainly consist of flour. It's an Austria, Bohemia and Bavaria thing mainly. So it's german and it's not
>>
File: german-surrender.jpg (10 KB, 200x198) Image search: [Google]
german-surrender.jpg
10 KB, 200x198
>>7131023
blah blah blah
>>
File: ve-day-germany-surrender-ww2.jpg (298 KB, 1180x896) Image search: [Google]
ve-day-germany-surrender-ww2.jpg
298 KB, 1180x896
>>7131023
>>
>>7130482
Germany?
You germanistan or turkey/syria 2.0
In 1-2 years you'll only get döner kebab there anyway.
>>
>>7131273
This. Germany is filled with pussies and muslims.
Enjoy your slide into the 3rd world.
>>
>>7131278 Not even my slide girlfriend is visiting and I wanted some recommendations for her to enjoy while she's there.
>>
a good saumagen is godly
>>
>>7130725
Honestly, (käse)spätzle, kartoffelsalat (potatoesalad), all of th different breads, linseneintopf (lentilstew), the swabian brezel, many different potatoe dishes, sauerkraut and many different dishes
>>
>>7131000
This
>>
Schweinsaxe was...OK

Might be better depending on where you get it. I enjoyed the food at the Chinese Beer Garden in the English Gardens area. Not sure if it's still open this late in the year though. I went with a half chicken there. It was a good choice but a difficult one because everything looked so good there. Not very high class, it was like a county fair atmosphere.
>>
>>7130482
döner kebab
döner kebab
seriously. this is the only thing you should ever eat. best food ever
>>
>>7130944
Throwing shoes at islamics is pretty funny, so throwing a banana shaped shoe at a nigger islmamic is doubly funny.
>>
>>7131278
>>7131273
>hurr durr moosleems
>>
>>7131000
As someone who has been to the Hofbräuhaus, this.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.