[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dickies bbq
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 9
File: Dickeys-BBQ-Pit.jpg (318 KB, 3000x1133) Image search: [Google]
Dickeys-BBQ-Pit.jpg
318 KB, 3000x1133
One of these just opened up within driving distance.

Should I go? If not what should I get anyway.
>>
>>7129784
I was never impressed with the Dickey's locations I went to. Both of them ended up going out of business, which is not surprising.
>>
I don't honestly know if Dickeys can be trusted...

I mean it seems like they only stay open for less than one year before they are shut down for some reason.

Otherwise, the food is really salty and kind of expensive.
>>
>>7129784
Find out what day the Westerner Sandwich is on special and get that.
>>
>>7129784
I'd go with the meat by the pound, and even then it's cheaper to make your own.
>>
File: 1442164250193.jpg (121 KB, 1035x784) Image search: [Google]
1442164250193.jpg
121 KB, 1035x784
>>7129836
>>7129812
Well the location they opened up at is notorious for businesses shutting down. I think zoned in a weird area and no restaurant there ever lasts. So I wont find that to be particularly surprising either.

>>7129850
Will do.

Anything else on the menu I should try? like one of those bbq sample plates or whatever that I keep seeing whenever theres a thread about them. kinda like pic related.
>>
>>7129881
Getting some kind of combination plate is probably your best bet. You can sample several different things and if there's something in particular you like, you can just order that if you go again.
>>
>>7129869
Er, Well I'll keep it in mind, depending on the prices I might get some.
>>
Brisket plate
Baked Beans
Slaw

It's the definition of average
>>
>>7129784
I tried some at a place in my area and didn't care for it.

Then I discovered a Rudy's nearby. That's my go-to BBQ place now.
>>
>>7129924
>>7129920
I've never seen a bbq joint in person so I'd figure I'd try one out.

Not expecting to get knocked out of my shoes but am curious anyway.
>>
I've been to many Dickey's in many areas. Here is my summary:

>eat the pork
>avoid the ribs
>eat the fried okra and potato casserole
>avoid the mac n cheese
>eat the spicy bbq sauce
>avoid the sweet bbq sauce
>drink the sweet tea
>avoid all other drinks

And make sure to go on Friday for the pulled pork special.
>>
File: url.png (11 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
url.png
11 KB, 225x225
far superior
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1936
>>7129924
You poor, poor, thing.
>>
>>7129994
>not smittys
>>
>>7129967
Noted.

When you said to avoid the sweet bbq sauce it took me a moment to register that bbq sauce is often cloyingly sweet to begin with. I'll keep note of that. Why avoid the ribs?

Is their brisket any good?
>>
>>7130081
>Why avoid the ribs?
Had them twice at different locations. Both times they were dry and did not have much flavor. Fool me once, shame on me, fool me twice, etc...

>Is their brisket any good?
It's been a while since I've had it, I've stuck to the pork the last several times. But I remember it being average, and I think I ended up drowning it in their spicy bbq sauce. I have to bring it up again, but try that spicy bbq sauce. I end up pouring it on everything. One of the best sauces I've had.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1936
>>7130064
I go there too
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1936
>>7130136
Luling City Market is good too.
>>
dickey's is the mcdonald's of bbq chains
>>
>>7129836
They might be running a money laundering scheme.
>>
>>7129784
Some dodgy place with the name dick just doesn't give me that good feeling. They can piss off.
>>
>>7130064
>>7130136
>>7130139
hnnng, I haven't made any bbq trips outside of Austin lately. granted, we have a good bbq game now. Kind of funny, we got heavy hitters these days, but 5-6 years ago? I think franklin was just gettin his trailer up.
>>
>>7130064
so good
>>
>>7129784
Super sub-par BBQ.
>>
>>7129967
>drink the sweet tea
>get a throat full of cleaning chemicals
>>
>>7129869
How is it cheaper to make your own meat unless you own a ton of land and farm cattle, then you have to deal with all kinds of regulations and laws and shit.
>>
it's fast food, so set your expectations accordingly.
>>
>>7129924
Ha! RUDY!

The Specials - A Message to You Rudy (Official Music Video)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbqiCxEIeEo
>>
>>7129994

>2tsp of sides
>served on Styrofoam plate
>>
>>7129881
>Well the location they opened up at is notorious for businesses shutting down.

Anon, are you by chance talking about the Dickeys near the Buena Park Mall?

Those few shows down that alleyway that we like to refer to as "The Buena Park Walk of Shame" on your way to the theatre.
>>
>>7129784
they have a decent enough brisket

i hate when people tell me to go to local bbq places instead of dickey's. motherfucker, i don't want a wet-ass pile of fucking pulled pork. i want some fucking dry smoked meats, goddamn.

then again, south carolina isn't crazy known for its bbq.
>>
they're food is alright
but its way overpriced for the amount they give you

you're better off just going to a normal bbq restaurant
>>
>>7132131
Have slow cooker ready
Get a whole pork shoulder and a decent sauce
Cook the whole damn day.
>>
>>7129924

The only Rudy's I've been in was was pretty bland. Definitely not real Texas barbecue.
>>
>>7132284
No. But it used to be a yogurt shop and before that it was a mexican joint, at some point it was also a burger shop that lasted maybe 2 months.
>>
God tier coming through.
>>
>>7129869
>make your own.
No.
>>
dickeys is frustratingly average. theres many near me and i love bbq but this place is not worth it. they're expensive too considering how average they are. just go somewhere else
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.